The first bridge of Arkhangelsk was built at the beginning of the 20th century across the Kuznechikha River (sleeve of the Northern Dvina), it connected the central part of the city with Solombala . The bridge was wooden, fixed on stilts across the entire width of the river. The first bridge over the Severnaya Dvina River was the bridge built in 1964, although it was planned to be built back in 1941, but the outbreak of World War II did not allow the plan to materialize.
The bridge connecting the center of Arkhangelsk and the left bank of the river was built in 1958 and was completed in 1964  . It became the very first bridge over the main channel of the Northern Dvina. Before him, all goods to Arkhangelsk from the center of Russia had to be transported by river or ice in the winter. During the Great Patriotic War, goods sent to Arkhangelsk by Lend-Lease were transported in winter by an ice crossing made by freezing from river water, since the natural thickness of the ice did not allow the transport of heavy loads. Also, before the construction of the bridge, the railway on the left bank was cut off. The bridge has a length of 800 m, the distance from the water to the bridge is 13.4 meters, a two-way road, one railway track and a pedestrian path are laid along it. The bridge is bred for the passage of tall ships (usually this happens from 2-30 to 5 am). The bridge is considered the northernmost drawbridge in the world. The bridge was repeatedly put on major repairs, the deterioration of structures affects. The Severodvinsk bridge connecting Arkhangelsk with the “big land” was given the name “old” among the townspeople, as opposed to the “new” bridge built in the area of Krasnoflotsky Island on the 400th anniversary of the city.
The highway through the Severodvinsk bridge goes to the K8 Kholmogory federal highway.
Red Navy Bridge
Krasnoflotsky (“the new bridge”) is an automobile bridge, has a length of about 3 km and in its middle runs along the island of Krasnoflotsky . The bridge has 4 lanes and sidewalks on each side. The part of the bridge, located closer to the left bank of the river, has an adjustable design and is bred at night.
Kuznechevsky bridge was the very first bridge in the city, and was built before the revolution. The wooden bridge was built in 1916, and in 1956 it was replaced by a metal one. This bridge was planned for construction at the end of 1941. By the beginning of the year, 750 tons of metal structures had been prepared at the Dnepropetrovsk plant, which were planned to be transported to Arkhangelsk in mid-1941, but the outbreak of the war forced to throw resources to the needs of the front.
Railway bridge over Kuznechikha
Located in the Northern District of Arkhangelsk , goods are delivered by rail to the port of Savings by rail, also used by pedestrians.
Pipeline Bridge over Kuznechikha
pipeline bridge across Kuznechikha is located in the Arkhangelsk CHPP area , along with pipes along it a pedestrian path.
Floating pontoon bridge across Kuznechikha
After the first major overhaul of the Kuznechevsky bridge and the introduction of a vehicle weight limit of not more than 10 tons in 2003, heavy-vehicle passage through it was restricted. For the needs of the former Solombala pulp and paper mill , industrial enterprises of the Solombala , Maimaksansky and Northern districts of Arkhangelsk , a floating pontoon bridge was built.
Bridges over the Juras River
One group of bridges across the Juras River is located on Talaz highway and consists of a single-track railway bridge and a road bridge with one two-lane carriageway behind which (when moving from the city) there is a fork at Talagi Airport.
The second automobile bridge is is located along the road to the gardening partnership (hereinafter referred to as COT) Ilma and COT Siverko.
Third automobile bridge is located on the road to Sot Yagodnik.
Fourth automobile bridge is located on the road to the Cheremushki SOT.
Another pair of bridges (road and rail, at a distance of 700 meters from one another) are located at the exit from Arkhangelsk towards Malye Korel and Pinega .
Bridge over Voyzhanovka
A wooden bridge across the small river Voyzhanovka connects the city with summer cottages in the north of the city and the highway beyond the Lodma River. In the early 90's, the construction of a reinforced concrete bridge was started nearby, but due to underfunding it was frozen. After the bridge ends the asphalt pavement.
The floating bridge over the Lodma River, located on the northern border of the city, connects the city with diamond deposits in the area of the village of Pomorie .
There are six automobile bridges across the Solomalku River on the Solombal Islands. Four of them are located in Solombal, through the fifth bridge there is a road to the Northern District, along the sixth bridge the Maimaksan highway passes.
For a long time, a tram line ran across the bridge on Krasny Partizan Street in Solombal. Now the bridge is actually decommissioned and is gradually being destroyed.
There are also several suspension and concrete pedestrian bridges on the Solomalka River. Two suspension pedestrian bridges were built to replace the old, wooden, which the people called "humpbacked."
Dvina Embankment Bridges
Pedestrian bridges on the embankment of the Northern Dvina appeared in Arkhangelsk before the revolution. After the construction of the granite embankment throughout the central part of the city, several stone automobile and pedestrian bridges were built over the access roads to the river. Initially, bridges passed over canals to divert water from the city.
Bridge over Shilov Island
During the First World War , a single-track bridge was built across Shilov Island in 1916. The left channel of Kuznechikha was blocked by a dam; on the right channel, 15 metal trusses were erected on pile foundations. In 1917, the bridge was partially destroyed by ice drift, and in 1923 it was demolished.
During the Great Patriotic War , a temporary bridge operated over the Shilov island to transport goods. 
Currently, it is planned to build a new bridge over Shilov Island, which will connect the city center with Solombala and replace the dilapidated Kuznechevsky Bridge, on which trucks with a weight of more than 10 tons are prohibited.
The bridge began to be developed back in 1991. The project was developed by the Giprostroymost-Saint Petersburg Institute. The estimated cost of building the bridge at 2004 prices was 3.2 billion rubles, the estimated construction period is 5 years, and the minimum is 3.5 years. 
- ↑ Railway Ternopil | Northern Railway
- ↑ Third in a row (inaccessible link) , newspaper Arkhangelsk, March 12, 2005 (42), Mikhail Loshchilov.
- ↑ The cost of the new bridge in Arkhangelsk exceeds the amount of the city budget . REGNUM (November 30, 2007). Date of treatment August 13, 2010. Archived March 10, 2012.