Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin) is a federal state budgetary educational institution of higher education licensed by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation dated 04/18/2016, account series 90Л01 No. 009124 for the right to conduct educational activities, Certificate of state accreditation valid until 11/29/2023  .
|Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering|
( NGASU (Sibstrin) )
|Siberian Construction Institute (Sibstrin)|
|Year of foundation||1930|
|Reorganized||1935, 1993, 1998, 2006|
|Rector||Skolubovich Yuri Leonidovich|
|Legal address||st. Leningradskaya, d. 113|
Founded in 1930, NGASU (Sibstrin) was the first and for a long time the only university in the field of construction in the vast territory of Siberia and the Far East. Today, the university is a recognized leader in training for the construction complex of the region. Over 85 years of his work, he graduated more than 45 thousand highly qualified specialists. The effective integration of education, science and production allows the university to train personnel that meets the needs of the modern economy and conduct development for government agencies and major enterprises and companies in the construction industry.
The university was created in accordance with the order of the Supreme Economic Council of the USSR No. 1381 dated May 18, 1930 and the resolution of the Central Executive Committee and the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR No. 40/237 dated June 23, 1930. It opened on the basis of the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Siberian Technological Institute (Tomsk).
Sibstrin, which moved from Tomsk to Novosibirsk in 1933, was not only the first construction university in the city, but also the only research and educational center from the Urals to the Far East that trained personnel for the country's construction sector.
- Since May 18, 1930 - the Siberian Construction Institute (SibStrIn) was founded on the basis of the Siberian Technological Institute . The first director of the new educational institution was appointed Ivan Nikitich Artemyev . Classes in it began on September 1, 1930 in Tomsk. The Institute trained architects, engineers in industrial and civil engineering, water supply and sewage. Sibstrin consisted of seven departments: higher mathematics, architecture, structural mechanics, engineering structures, construction production, building materials, water supply and sewage, had 15 employees and 227 students.
- 1931 - Afanasy Prokopyevich Strakhov  , who headed the Sibstrin until April 1936, became the director of the institute.
- 1933 - relocation of the institute to Novosibirsk. In total, the university has already 13 departments. The construction of the first stage of the academic building and the professorial building has been completed. The buildings of the new buildings were designed by a team of architects of the Sibstrin Architecture Department under the direction of N. S. Kuzmin . Advised the project A. D. Kryachkov. Few people know that the most active participants in the construction of the Institute’s buildings were its students.
- 1935 - the institute was renamed the Novosibirsk Civil Engineering Institute (NISI) named after V.V. Kuybysheva .
- 1936-1938 - in 1936 the staff of the institute was headed by Anatoly Georgievich Pristinsky . In October 1937, the university was headed by Vasily Fedorovich Artemyev , who led the institute until October 1940. The first collection of scientific works of the institute was published, the first scientific conference was held. A student dormitory No. 3 for 515 beds was built.
- 1939 - The Novosibirsk Institute of Geodesy, Aerial Photography and Cartography Engineers (now the Siberian State Geodetic Academy ) was organized on the basis of the NISI Faculty of Engineering and Geodesy . Graduate school founded.
- 1940-1944 - the director's place was taken by Luka Olimpievich Maslyukov , who headed the university until February 1944. In total, 400 people were called up for military service from the NISI walls: 245 students, 36 teachers, 3 graduate students, 116 other employees and workers. All of them heroically defended their homeland, and 106 of them died in the fight against the Nazi invaders, died of wounds in hospitals. The scientists of the institute made a great contribution to the development of the construction industry in wartime conditions. The Faculty of Civil Engineering was established. In 1944, Grigory Borisovich Pronchenko was appointed director of the NISI. He headed the university until April 1949.
- 1949 - NISI was headed by Daniil Azarovich Kuleshov . D. A. Kuleshov headed the institute for almost 30 years, turning it into a center for training construction personnel in Siberia.
- 1955-1956 - Faculties of evening and distance learning were organized (merged in 1991). A hostel No. 2 for 450 people was put into operation.
- 1957 - hostel No. 1 for 450 beds was commissioned.
- 1969-1970 - a faculty for advanced training of teachers of higher educational institutions was organized and a preparatory department was opened for applicants to the institute. Dormitory No. 2 has a dispensary for students, teachers and staff.
- 1975 - on the day of the 30th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War on May 9, a monument was unveiled on which the glorious names of 39 Sibstrinites who died in the years of the Second World War are recorded. The museum of military and labor glory of the NISI was opened.
- 1978 - began training specialists for foreign countries. The university was headed by Ilya Ilyich Koshin .
- 1980 - the university was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor for its merits in training qualified specialists for the national economy and successes in the development of scientific research.
- 1981 - The faculty for work with foreign students (now the FRIS) was organized.
- 1987-1989 - the Novosibirsk Architectural Institute (now the Novosibirsk State Academy of Architecture and Art ) was founded on the basis of the faculty of architecture of the NISI. The Department of Architecture and Urban Planning, organized for the architectural preparation of students of engineering specialties, began to work at the NISI. A 9-storey dormitory No. 5 with 537 beds was built. In 1989, the university was headed by Arkady Petrovich Yanenko , who remained in this post until 2007.
- 1990 - The Faculty of Pre-University Training was organized, combining the preparatory department and preparatory courses (now the Center for Pre-University Training and Career Guidance), and the General Technical Construction Department.
- 1993 - by order of the Higher School Committee of the Ministry of Science of Russia dated June 21, the Novosibirsk Institute of Civil Engineering was renamed the Novosibirsk State Academy of Civil Engineering (NGAS).
- 1994 - Computing Center was established. NGAS has become an associate member of RAASN and since then has been constantly providing organizational, personnel and financial support to the Academy branch.
- 1998 - by order of the Ministry of General and Professional Education of the Russian Federation dated January 22, NGAS was renamed to Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (NGASU).
- 2002 - the university is accredited by the International Institute of Builders (ICE, London) in the field of "construction". A department was established to organize extracurricular and educational work (now CVR).
- 2003 - NGASU received a new official name: Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin). The Department of Employment, Employment and Production Practices was organized on the basis of the practice department. A completely reconstructed memorial monument was opened in honor of the Sibrinists who died on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War.
- 2004 - The university was awarded the American Gold Certificate of International Prestige and the Gold Medal of the Association for the Promotion of Industry (France) for success in the field of training specialists and the development of the social sphere.
- 2005 - NGASU (Sibstrin) was awarded the gold medal "Grand Prix of European quality" (Switzerland).
- 2007 - in March 2007, the university was headed by Stanislav Viktorovich Linovsky .
- 2012 - from March 2012 to the present, the university is headed by the corresponding member of RAASN Yuri Leonidovich Skolubovich . The Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning was established. The Faculty of Civil Engineering was renamed the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FIIT). As a result of the merger of the Faculty of Humanities Education and the Faculty of Economics and Management, the Faculty of Economics, Management and Humanities Education (FEMGO) has appeared.
- 2014 - The "University Strategic Development Program" was adopted, envisaging the creation of the Siberian Center for Science and Education in the field of architecture, construction and housing and communal services, which is designed to unite manufacturing enterprises, universities, scientists not only from Russia but also from abroad.
- 2015 - October 15, as part of NGASU (Sibstrin), the UNESCO international chair "Environmentally friendly technologies for environmental management and water use" was created.
- 2017 - Yuri Leonidovich Skolubovich was re-elected to the post of rector.
The university includes 7 faculties , 30 departments and conducts multilevel training in 10 areas and 16 profiles of the preparation of higher professional education - construction, architectural and humanitarian.
The university currently studies approximately 6,000 students . The total number of faculty is about 460 people. More than half of them have academic degrees of professors and doctors of sciences , associate professors and candidates of sciences .
At NGASU (Sibstrin) there are doctoral and postgraduate studies in 13 scientific specialties. The university has 1 dissertation council .
The University is accredited by the International Institute of Builders (ICE, London) in the field of "Construction". Has a certificate of the International Educational Community (IES, London) in the direction "Management".
NGASU (Sibstrin) is a developed university complex compactly located in the center of Novosibirsk with a total area of 66.5 thousand m². The training and laboratory base includes 4 buildings, providing all types of training sessions. The university’s unified information and computing network unites over a thousand computers, there are 28 modern computer classes, an Internet connection with a speed of up to 33 Mbit / s, and Wi-Fi zones with free access.
The sports and recreation center of the university includes one of the best sports and recreation complexes in the city with an area of 6.3 thousand square meters, a stadium, a ski base, a shooting gallery, a sanatorium, a health center, and a recreation center "Sosnovka". Work sections for 17 sports.
On the territory of the university complex there are 4 student dormitories. The campus of NGASU (Sibstrin) is the winner of the All-Russian contest on educational work among universities.
NGASU (Sibstrin) is traditionally famous for the high rate of employment of its graduates. Almost all graduates find work in their specialty or are already working by the time they graduate. The employers of Sibstrin graduates are the leading companies in the construction industry and the housing and communal services of the region.
- Aschepkov, Evgeny Andreevich (1907-1983) - architect, doctor of art criticism (1949), corresponding member Academy of Architecture (later the Academy of Construction and Architecture) of the USSR (1950), Honored Architect of the RSFSR (1969), architectural historian, painter.
- Balandin, Sergey Nikolaevich (1930-2004) - Soviet, Russian architect, Honored Architect of the Russian Federation (1994). The author of 107 scientific publications, including 9 monographs, on the history of architecture of Siberia, the Novosibirsk Region and Novosibirsk.
- Biryulev, Vladimir Vladimirovich (1928-1995) - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of the RSFSR, full member of the Russian Academy of Architecture and Building Sciences. Founder of a scientific school in the field of development and research of prestressed and light metal structures.
- Volovik, Anatoly Afanasevich (1929-1999) - a famous Soviet architect, member of the Academy of Architecture, member of the Academy of Arts, for many years he was the head of the Novosibirsk branch of the Academy of Architecture and the Novosibirsk Union of Architects. He headed the detailed planning of the center of Novosibirsk.
- Huseynov, Rifat Mirakhmedovich (1946-2012) - Doctor of Economics, Professor of the Department of Economic Theory, NGASU (Sibstrin) in 1990-2012, Honored Economist of Russia, Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation. Graduated from Azerbaijan State University, graduate school of Moscow State University. At one time, he headed the department of science, economic and social programs of the office of the plenipotentiary in the Siberian Federal District.
- Dmitriev, Peter Andreevich
- Evdokimov-Rokotovsky, Mikhail Ilyich (1867-1967) - Russian Soviet civil engineer, specialist in the creation of railway tunnels, bridges and structures. Professor of a number of Soviet universities, doctor of technical sciences, order bearer.
- Zabylin, Mikhail Ivanovich (1930-1992) - Soviet and Russian scientist in the field of base and foundation dynamics, geotechnics and foundation engineering, founder of the Siberian school of base and foundation dynamics
- Krivorotov, Alexander Petrovich (1925-2014)
- Kryachkov, Andrei Dmitrievich (1876-1950) - an outstanding architect, scientist, doctor of technical sciences, honored worker of science and technology of the RSFSR (1942). According to his projects, more than 30 important buildings and structures in various styles of architecture were erected in Novosibirsk. The founder of architectural education in Siberia.
- Knigina, Galina Ivanovna - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of the RSFSR. She made a significant contribution to the development of theoretical and technological foundations for obtaining building materials from burned rocks, gave a scientific justification for using the microcalorimetry method to study mineral raw materials and the phase composition of silicate building materials. She prepared 46 candidates of science, the author of more than 300 scientific works, including 14 monographs, 20 inventions.
- Luzganov, Vasily Mitrofanovich (1940-2001) - Honorary and Honored Builder of the Russian Federation , Head of large enterprises.
- Maslennikov, Vitaly Semenovich (1880-1959) - Russian and Soviet architect, one of the masters of Moscow Art Nouveau. In 1934 he participated in the development of the reconstruction of the facades of the Novosibirsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater. He is the author of a number of Novosibirsk buildings, of which his most famous works are the Stock-apartment building (co-authored with A.D. Kryachkov) and the academic building of the SSPS.
- Mikhailov, Mikhail Nikolaevich - Honored Worker of Science and Technology of the RSFSR, corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Construction and Architecture (1957). The main works are devoted to the use of gypsum and marbles of Siberia. During the Great Patriotic War, he rebuilt the work of the laboratory of building materials of the NISI department for defense needs.
- Panteleev, Nikolai Nikolaevich
- Strebeiko, Nikolai Edmundovich
- Moscow State University of Civil Engineering
- Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Penza State University of Architecture and Construction
- Samara State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- St. Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering