Arman Oganyan ( Armenian Արմեն Օհանյան , nee Sofia Emmanusheilovna Pirbudagyan , Armenian Սոֆյա Էմանուելի Փիրբուդաղյան , 1887, Shemakha , Russian Empire - 1976, Mexico , Armenian Women, in 1998 , in 1998 , in 1998 , a lot of a lot of money , in 1887, Shemakha , Russian Empire - 1976, Mexico , Armenia , a lot of people , who will be a resident of Armenia , etc.
|Full name||Sofya Emmanuilovna Pirbudagyan|
|Date of Birth||1887|
|Place of Birth||Shemakha , Baku Province , Russian Empire|
|Date of death||1976|
|Place of death||Mexico|
|Professions||, , , ,|
She began her first steps under the stage name Sofia Ter-Ohanian in the Armenian theater in Baku . She studied at the school of plastics L. R. Nelidova in Moscow , as well as in the studio of Stanislavsky. For some time she worked at the Maly Theater .
Having moved to Persia , she became the founder of the first European-type Persian theater. In 1910, Gogol ’s comedy “The Inspector General” staged by Ohanyan was presented in Persian in Tehran. She herself played the role of Maria Antonovna.
In Persia, Armen Ohanian studied Oriental dances and, from 1911 until the early 1930s, appeared in many countries of the world as a “Persian dancer”, first showing ancient dances of the peoples of the East and antiquity on the professional stage of the time, brightly stylized . Using the methods of "free dance" dancer Isadora Duncan , to the music of Armenian, Russian, Persian composers, using different masks, In 1913, she performed in Paris to the accompaniment of an Indian ensemble under the direction of Professor Inayat Khan  . In 1915 she took part in London concerts organized by Vladimir Rosing .  Ohanyan demonstrated the dance performances of “Salome”, “In the Temple of Anahit”, “Treason”, “Svodnitsa”, “Hashish”, “The Great Khan Shemakhi”, etc. She performed in London , Brussels , Milan , Sofia , Bucharest , Cairo , in US cities.
Based in Paris , Oganyan devoted herself to literature, published autobiographical books in French . The first one is the “Shamakhanskaya dancer” with the foreword of Anatole France ( 1918 ), which was translated into English , German , Spanish , Swedish , Finnish , Hebrew . After Ohanian published the book "In the Claws of Civilization" ( 1921 ), "In one sixth of the world" (notes from her trip to the USSR, 1928 ), "Soloist of His Majesty" ( 1929 ) and "Laughter of the seductress of snakes" ( 1931 ).
The eccentric actress was in love relationships with influential representatives of the Parisian elite, among whom were writer and politician Maurice Barres , artist Emile Bernard (who created her portrait and wrote a book about her "Persian Dancer"), novelist Andre Germain, writer Natalie Barney and others.
In 1927, Ohanian married the Mexican communist diplomat Macedonio Garza , later they settled in Mexico . Ohanyan joined the Mexican Communist Party . She translated from Russian into Spanish, wrote monographs in Spanish about Russian, Soviet and Mexican literature, including "Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910): Life, Epoch, Works" ( Madrid , 1934 ), "The Way of Gorky is Ours" ( Mexico City , 1935 ), “Marxist Analysis of Spanish Literature” (Mexico City, 1937 ), “Happy Armenia” (Mexico City, 1946 ), “Mexico and Culture” (Mexico City, 1967 ), etc. She valued the poem “The Dream of the Outcast” among all her works. Written in Armenian.
In 1958, Ohanian together with her husband visited the Soviet Union , was also in Armenia and presented a part of her archive to the Yerevan Museum of Literature and Art.
- La danseuse de Shamakha, Grasset, Paris, 1918.
- Dans les griffes de la civilization, Grasset, Paris, 1921.
- Dans la sixième partie du monde (voyage en Russie), Grasset, Paris, 1928.
- Le soliste de Sa Majesté, B. Grasset, Paris, 1929.
- Les rires d'une charmeuse de serpents, Les Revues, Paris, 1931.
- Leon Tolstoi (1828-1910). Su vida, su época, su obra, Editorial Cimientos, Madrid, 1934.
- La ruta de Máximo Gorki es la nuestra, Editorial Cimientos, México, 1935.
- Un análisis marxista de la literatura española, Ediciones de la Liga de Escritores y Artistas Revolucionarios, México, 1937.
- Las guerras campesinas en Rusia y Tolstoi, Editorial Cimientos, México, 1939.
- Clásicos mexicanos. Ruiz de Alarcón. Juana de Asbaje. Lizardi, Editorial Cimientos, México, 1939.
- El sentido clasista del romanticismo y Alejandro Pushkin, Editorial Popular, México, 1938.
- Armenia feliz, Editorial Cimientos, México, 1946.
- Literatura española medieval y clásicos mexicanos, Editorial Cimientos, México, 1956.
- México en la cultura, Editorial Cimientos, México, 1967.
- Recuerdos del Cáucaso pre-revolucionario y de mis andanzas por el mundo, primer tomo, México, Editorial Cimientos, 1969.
- "Une matinee Persane a la Renaissance". Paris. 1913-04-22 "Le Journal"
- S "Seson of opera" 1915-05-31. London Standart.
- Artsvi Bakhchinyan , Vardan Mateosyan, Samakhan dancer. The life and work of Armen Ohanian, Yerevan, 2007 (in Armenian).
- Magdalen Zatikyan, Shamakhan dancer (inaccessible link)