“ Hold the mark! ( English Going Postal [C 1] ) is a fantasy- novel of the English writer Terry Pratchett , published in 2004 . In Russian, it was published on March 20, 2016 in the translation by E. Shulgi   , earlier on the Russian Internet, amateur translations were published under the name “Honoring” and “Send peddles”.
|Keep the brand!|
|Previous||Hat full of sky|
|The year of publishing||2004|
|The year of publishing||2016|
The thirty-third book from the series "The Flat World " cycle, the first book from a subcycle about Moiste von Lipvig .
For Mokrits von Lipwig , a man exceptionally gifted in the field of cunning fraud and sophisticated fraud, the angel came when he was sentenced to be hanged for stealing 150,000 Ankh-Morpork dollars. Fate gave him a chance for salvation in the face of the Ankh-Morpork patrician Lord Vitinari . As the afterlife, Mokritsu made a very simple, but rather unusual, given his career as a criminal genius, an offer to head into the decline of Ankh-Morpork Post Office. Twenty years ago, the post office closed and all these years, unsent letters have accumulated inside the building. And the recent click-towers, the semaphores that can deliver your semaphogram to Orla in a matter of hours, have finally buried the very idea of the post. As overseeing officer, Lord Vetinari put Mr. Pomp, the golem, on Mokritsu.
At the main post office of the city of Mokritsa, the last two employees, who looked after the building, and tons of unsent letters were waiting. Starting the duties of chief postmaster, Mokrits also found that four of his predecessors died within four weeks under very strange circumstances. Staying overnight in the building, Mokrits began to hear the voices of the letters, which were eager to be delivered before the appointment. Mokritz decided to begin the revival of mail by sending stored letters. Several elderly mail veterans came to his rescue, and he also began to hire new employees. But Mokritsa had a serious adversary — the director of the Big Way semaphore company, Grip Gilding , which was completely uninterested in reviving its competitors. He is ready for anything, but the trickster Mokrits von Lipwig finds a way to bypass a powerful organization and not only revives the mail, but also reveals the fraud of Hvat himself.
Main acting characters
- Mokrits von Lipwig [C 2] ( English Moist von Lipwig );
- Dora Guy Lassk [C 3] ( English Adora Belle Dearheart );
- Grasp Gilding ( English Reacher Gilt );
- Tolliver Grosz ( born Tolliver Groat );
- Stanley ( eng. Stanley );
- Havelock Vetinari ( eng. Havelock Vetinari );
- Mr. Pompa ( eng. Mr. Pump ).
On May 30, 2010, a two-part television film adaptation of this novel was broadcast in the UK.
- Sponsored (Bulgarian)
- Zasl / raná pošta (Czech)
- Posterijen (Dutch)
- Ab die Post (German)
- Keep the brand! (Russian)
References to sources
- The name is an American English phraseological unit that appeared in the 1980s.
- Translation by E. Schulgi, there are also versions of the translation into Russian Moist von Lipvig and Mokrist von Gubvig.
- Translation by E. Shulgi, there are also options for the translation into Russian of Angela Beauty Dobroserd and Adora Bella Diarhart.
- Boris Nevsky. Review of "Hold the Brand!" Terry Pratchett: [ rus ] // World of Fiction: magazine. - 2016. - V. 153, No. 5 (May).
- Terry Pratchett "Hold the mark!" . "Science Fiction Lab". The appeal date is April 5, 2016.