The electric locomotive depot Kharkiv-Glavnoe ( Ukrainian locomotive depot Kharkiv-Golovna ) is a locomotive depot in Kharkov , TCH-2 YuZhD . On the basis of the “October” depot , the Kharkiv motor-car depot was created.
Locomotive depot Kharkov-Main
|Year of foundation||1869|
|The main series of locomotives||ChS2 , ChS7 ,|
In the summer of 1869, in connection with the launch of the Kharkov - Belgorod section, near the Kharkov-Passenger station, steam locomotive workshops were built, which became the very first repair enterprise of the Southern Railway. Later they were converted into a train depot.
With the introduction of the ChS2 electric locomotives, the steam locomotive was converted into an electric locomotive from 1960 to 1962 .
In 1980 - 1990, new ChS7 electric locomotives entered the depot.
From 1962 to September 2015 the depot had the name "October", ( Ukrainian Zhovten )
The main rolling stock of the depot is electric locomotives ChS2 and ChS7 . In addition, the shunting diesel locomotive TGM23 V48 and the ACh2 -082 auto-track for official trips of the South Railway leadership were assigned to the depot.
Rolling stock maintenance
Depot "Kharkov-Main" is able to carry out all types of maintenance and repair . Overhauls of electric locomotives ChS2 and ChS7 are carried out.
Also, the depot undergoes maintenance and other locomotives of the depot Melitopol , Kupyansk and Kremenchug (including VL82 m , VL11 , etc.).
There are several rectangular depots on the territory, the old building of the fan depot with a turntable is still preserved. To supply electric locomotives to the turntable, a TGM23 V48 diesel locomotive is used.
- A steam locomotive-monument of the E u - E u 677-49 series  , which was part of the NKPS column No. 10, was put into eternal parking. The monument was erected in 1975 in honor of the 30th anniversary of the Victory .
- A panel is located on one of the buildings (from the summer of 2016 it was hung with a poster with the Skoda high-speed electric train) dedicated to the formation of the Red Guard detachment in the depot in 1917 . The commemorative plate reads:
Here, in the depot, in 1917 the Red Guard detachment was formed, which took an active part in the struggle for the establishment of Soviet power in Kharkov.
The depot serves electric passenger transport on the following traction arms:
- Kharkov - Novoalekseevka
- Kharkov - Belgorod
- Kharkov - Konstantinovka
- Kharkov - Dnipro
- Kharkov - Bakhmut
- Kharkov - Kryvyi Rih
- Kharkov - Zaporozhye
- Kharkov - Melitopol
Panel on the building