The Federal Agency for Education ( Rosobrazovaniye ) is a federal executive body under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation . It was created on March 9, 2004, performed functions of rendering state services, management of federal property, as well as law enforcement functions in the field of education, upbringing, guardianship and guardianship in respect of minors, social support and social protection of students and pupils of educational institutions.
Initially, the competence also included youth policy, but since September 2007, these powers were transferred to the established State Committee of the Russian Federation for Youth Affairs (State Committee of Russia), transformed in May 2008 into the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs (Rosmolodyozh).
Rosobrazovanie was abolished on March 10, 2010, its functions were transferred to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (Ministry of Education and Science of Russia) 
- organization of activities of educational institutions of general, vocational and additional education for the provision of public services in the field of education;
- organization of advanced training and retraining of scientific and pedagogical workers of state institutions of higher professional education and state scientific organizations operating in the system of higher and postgraduate professional education.
- Grigory Artyomovich Balykhin (March 13, 2004 - October 4, 2007)
- Nikolay Ivanovich Bulaev (October 4, 2007 - March 10, 2010)
- Federal education authorities in the Russian Federation