Kurilsk (until 1947 - Syana  , 紗 那 村 ) - a city on the island of Iturup . The administrative center of the Kuril urban district of the Sakhalin region of Russia .
|jap. 紗 那 村|
|A country||Russia |
|Subject of the federation||Sakhalin Oblast|
|Chapter||Rokotov Vadim Alekseevich (interim)|
|History and Geography|
|Former names||until 1947 - Xiang|
|Center height||30 m|
|Timezone||UTC + 11|
|Population||↘ 1591  people ( 2019 )|
|Katoykonim||smokers, smokers, smokers|
|Telephone code||+7 42454|
The population is 1591  people. (2019), one of the smallest cities in Russia ..
The city is located on the island of Iturup ( Kuril Islands ) at the mouth of the river. Smoking room on the shore of the Kuril Gulf of the Sea of Okhotsk . The main occupation of the local population (city and satellite villages) is fishing, fish farming and fish processing. A few kilometers from Kurilsk is the seaport (located in the village of Kitovoy), and the port of the trawler fleet is in the village of Reidovo, a pink salmon reproduction plant, a seismic station, a weather station, a tsunami warning station, and a local history museum. At 56 km from Kurilsk is the Burevestnik Airport , from which there is an air connection with Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk . On September 22, 2014, the Iturup Airport for Civil Use was opened on the island. On the morning of September 22, the first flight of Aurora Airlines from Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk was completed there. The opening of the airport was attended by the Governor of the Sakhalin Region Alexander Khoroshavin . In the near future, the airport will only accept flights from Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, but flights from Primorye, Khabarovsk Territory and the Magadan Region, as well as international flights, are planned in the future.
The settlement was founded at the end of the 18th century by Russian explorers at the site of the settlement of the Ainu indigenous people, which existed from the 2nd millennium BC. e. The village at the time of the arrival of Russian explorers was called Shana, literally translated from Ainu as "a large village in the lower reaches of the river." In 1800, without declaring war, it was occupied by Japanese troops.
On May 18, 1807, the Russian three-masted ship Juno, under the command of H. A. Khvostov, and the tender Avos , under the command of midshipman Davydov, appeared off the coast of Iturup. They attacked the Japanese garrison settlement, located approximately on the territory of modern Kurilsk (at that time Syana) - the largest Japanese settlement on Iturup. Shops of Japanese merchants and industrialists were looted, and the settlement itself was burned .
In 1855, Iturup moved to Japan under the Shimodo Treaty as part of the South Kuril Islands , in 1945 it was taken by the Red Army and incorporated into the USSR. Until 1947, the place was called Xiang , was renamed as part of the campaign to eliminate Japanese names.
|1959 ||1970 ||1979 ||1989 ||1996 ||1998 ||2000 ||2001 ||2002 |
|1533||↘ 1159||↗ 1582||↗ 2699||↘ 2400||↘ 2200||↘ 2100||→ 2100||↗ 2233|
|2005 ||2006 ||2007 ||2008 ||2009 ||2010 ||2011 ||2012 ||2013 |
|↘ 2100||↘ 2000||↘ 1900||↘ 1800||↘ 1719||↗ 2070||↘ 2062||↘ 1961||↘ 1890|
|2014 ||2015 ||2016 ||2017 ||2018 ||2019 |
|↘ 1757||↘ 1670||↘ 1646||↘ 1547||↗ 1607||↘ 1591|
As of January 1, 2019, in terms of population, the city was in 1111th place out of 1115  cities of the Russian Federation  .
- National composition
According to the 2002 census, 83.2% are Russians , 9.2% are Ukrainians , 1.5% are Tatars , 1.3% are Belarusians , 0.7% are Bashkirs , 4.0% are others  .
- The average annual temperature is 4.9 ° C
- Relative humidity - 74.7%
- Average wind speed - 6.9 m / s
|The climate of Kurilsk (norm 1981-2010)|
|Average temperature, ° C||−4.3||−5.8||−3.3||1.7||6.0||9.5||13.3||16,0||13.8||9,4||3.8||−1.3||4.9|
|Precipitation rate, mm||104||68||83||77||71||51||90||107||122||132||132||116||1153|
|Water temperature ° C||0.7||−0.6||−0.3||0.9||3,1||6.2||9,4||13,4||14.0||11.7||7.7||3.6||5.8|
|Source:   .|
|Climate of Kurilsk|
|Average temperature, ° C||−4.8||−6.2||−3.7||1,5||5.9||9.3||13,4||15.7||13.5||9.1||3,5||−1.4||4.6|
|Precipitation rate, mm||98||65||77||75||73||60||88||98||131||134||128||107||1135|
On April 30, 2015, the first public transport route in the history of the city and the district opened:
- bus 111 - "g. Kurilsk - s. Raidovo "  .
Three more bus routes later opened:
- 112 - "g. Kurilsk - s. Raidovo " [ what? ] ,
- 513 - "g. Kurilsk - s. Mountain "and
- 515 - “p. Hot Keys - Iturup Airport . "
All of them are both urban and suburban and are serviced by Municipal Unitary Enterprise "Zhilkomservis" , which also provides services in the field of housing and communal services (such a combination is unusual for an organization operating in the public transport sector).
Opening of other routes is also planned.
- This village is located on Iturup Island. Iturup is the subject of a territorial dispute between Russia , the ruling island, and Japan . In accordance with the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the island is part of the territory of the Russian Federation , according to the administrative-territorial division of Japan - it is part of the Nemuro District of Hokkaido Prefecture in Japan .
- Estimation of the population in the context of municipalities as of 01.01.2019 and the average annual rate for 2018 . Territorial authority of the Federal State Statistics Service for the Sakhalin Region (April 22, 2019). Date of treatment April 25, 2019. Archived April 25, 2019.
- Pospelov E. M. Geographical Names of the World: Toponymic Dictionary. - M: AST. 2001.
- 1959 All-Union Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1970 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1979 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. The urban population . Archived on August 22, 2011.
- People's Encyclopedia “My City”. Kurilsk
- 2002 All-Russian Population Census. Tom. 1, table 4. The population of Russia, federal districts, constituent entities of the Russian Federation, regions, urban settlements, rural settlements - district centers and rural settlements with a population of 3 thousand or more . Archived February 3, 2012.
- The number of permanent population of the Russian Federation by cities, urban-type settlements and regions as of January 1, 2009 . Date of treatment January 2, 2014. Archived January 2, 2014.
- 2010 All-Russian Population Census. Sakhalin region. The population of urban districts, municipalities, urban and rural settlements, urban settlements, rural settlements . Date of treatment July 28, 2014. Archived July 28, 2014.
- Sakhalin region. Estimated resident population as of January 1, 2011-2016
- Population of the Russian Federation by municipalities. Table 35. Estimated resident population as of January 1, 2012 . Date of treatment May 31, 2014. Archived May 31, 2014.
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2013. - M.: Federal State Statistics Service of Rosstat, 2013. - 528 p. (Table 33. The population of urban districts, municipalities, urban and rural settlements, urban settlements, rural settlements) . Date of treatment November 16, 2013. Archived November 16, 2013.
- Table 33. The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2014 . Date of treatment August 2, 2014. Archived on August 2, 2014.
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2015 . Date of treatment August 6, 2015. Archived on August 6, 2015.
- Population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2016
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2017 (July 31, 2017). Date of treatment July 31, 2017. Archived July 31, 2017.
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2018 . Date of treatment July 25, 2018. Archived July 26, 2018.
- taking into account the cities of Crimea
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2019. Table "21. The population of cities and towns by federal districts and constituent entities of the Russian Federation as of January 1, 2019 ” (RAR archive (1,0 Mb)). Federal State Statistics Service .
- 2002 Census Data: Table 34U. M .: Federal State Statistics Service, 2004.
- FSBI "VNIIGMI-WDC".
- ESIMO. The climate of the seas of Russia. Water temperature.
- Decree No. 210 of March 1, 2016 On the Approval of the Register of Municipal Routes of Regular Transportations in the Kurilsky City District Municipality