Georgy Avraamovich Franck (born March 26, 1936 , Chisinau , Bessarabia , Kingdom of Romania ) - Russian pathologist and oncologist , doctor of medical sciences (1982), professor (1985), academician of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (2011).
|George Avraamovich Frank|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1936 (83 years)|
|Place of Birth||Chisinau , Bessarabia , Kingdom of Romania|
|A country|| Romania → |
|Place of work|
|Alma mater||Chisinau Medical Institute|
|Academic degree||Doctor of Medical Sciences|
|Academic title||professor , academician of RAMS|
|Awards and prizes|
George Frank was born in 1936 in Chisinau to the family of a physician, later an employee of the Department of Internal Diseases of the Chisinau Medical Institute Abram Samoylovich Frank, the author of the monographs “Coronary insufficiency in various pathological conditions” (1961) and “Coronary insufficiency in certain endocrine diseases” (1964) . In 1958 he graduated from the Chisinau Medical Institute , in 1964 - graduate school of the Department of Pathological Anatomy of the Central Institute of Advanced Medical Studies. Since 1964 - in the Moscow Research Oncological Institute. PA Herzen , where in 1981 he headed the department of pathological anatomy of tumors (currently head of the department of pathological anatomy). At the same time since 1990 he headed the pathoanatomical laboratory of the Hematological Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences . Since 1991, also a professor at the Department of Pathological Anatomy and Oncology at the Faculty of Postgraduate Vocational Education of Doctors of the Medical Academy. I.M. Sechenov . Chief Pathologist of the Main Medical Department of the Office of the President (GMU UDP) of the Russian Federation . In 2002 he was elected a corresponding member, in 2011 an academician of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences . Since 2009 he has headed the Department of Pathological Anatomy at the Russian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
G. A. Frank - a pupil of Professor Z. V. Golbert , followers of the pathoanatomical branch of the morphological and laboratory school of S. L. Ehrlich . Published since 1964 . Scientific works are devoted to the morphological changes of the liver in leukemia , clinical morphology of lymphogranulomatosis , issues of histogenesis and morphological diagnosis of tumors, the reaction of tumors to therapeutic effects, tumors of the hematopoietic system, cervix, immunology of tumors, precancerous conditions  .
Chief Pathologist of the Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development of the Russian Federation, member of the Presidium of the Russian Scientific Society of Pathologists , Deputy Chairman of the Board of the Moscow Scientific Society of Pathologists and the Russian Society of Oncourology, Editor-in-Chief of the Archives of Pathology journal and Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Russian Cancer Journal  .
- Early cancer pathology. Moscow, 1985.
- Combined and complex treatment of patients with malignant tumors. Moscow, 1989.
- Pathoanatomical diagnosis of human tumors. Moscow, 1993.
- Malignant non-epithelial lung tumors (with A. H. Trachtenberg ). Moscow: Medicine, 1998.
- Prostate-specific antigen and morphological characteristics of prostate cancer. A guide for physicians (with O. B. Laurent and D. Yu. Pushkar). Moscow: MED-press, 1999.
- Prostate biopsy. Manual for doctors (with I. G. Rusakov, S. O. Stepanov, etc.). Moscow: Moscow Research Institute for them. P. A. Herzen, 2002.
- Mediastinal lymphadenectomy in non-small cell lung cancer (with A. H. Trakhtenberg , N. N. Volchenko, M. A. Stukalov and K. M. Kolbanov). Moscow: Moscow Research Institute for them. P. A. Herzen, 2003.
- Standard technological procedures for the morphological study of biopsy and surgical material (guidelines, with co-authors). M .: Medicine, 2011.
- Pathoanatomical department of the Hematological Research Center of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (inaccessible link) Checked January 5, 2015.
- Site of the Pathoanatomical Department of the State Research Center of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (inaccessible link) (inaccessible link) Verified on January 5, 2015.
- Nasibov A., Felgengauer T. (presenters); Away: George Frank. Discoveries in the detection and treatment of cancer . Echo of Moscow (October 24, 2010). The appeal date is January 5, 2015.