Sudeka (or Andeka  ) - the king of the Suevians in Galicia (now western Spain and northern Portugal ), ruled in 584-585 .
In 584, Odeka removed from the throne the young king Eborik , sent him to the monastery, and himself seized the throne. Although he was married to the sister of Eboric, a royal woman, he married Siseguntia, the widow of Miro , the mother of Eboric. It seems that with the help of this marriage he hoped to legitimize his usurpation .
These actions gave rise to the Visigoth king Leovigild , who was vassally dependent on the former King Eborich, to begin military operations. In 585, Audeka was defeated. According to John Biklarsky , “King Leovigild devastated Galicia, capturing King Audek, deprived the kingdom, Sveva people, brought the treasury and land under his authority and made the Gothic province” The usurper was tonsured a monk and sent to exile in the city of Pax (Pax Julia, now Beja or Pax Bajoxus, now Badajoz ), where he received the rank of presbyter .
“The Suevi state, having existed for 177 years, is now ready for the state,” Isidore of Seville sums up in his chronicle on the history of the Suevi. Apparently, the Suevs quickly put up with their fate, especially since their legal and property relations did not undergo any changes. Although John Biklarsky mentions a certain Malarik who tried to claim the throne of the Suev kingdom, but was quickly eliminated by the Leovigild commanders.
|Dynasty of the Suev Kings|
|king of the Suevs|
584 - 585
- Isidore of Seville “History of the Goths, Vandals and Suevs,” 92
- Gregory of Tours “History of the Franks”, VI, 43
- Isidore of Seville. History of Suev . On the site Oriental literature
- John of Biclar. Chronicle On the site Oriental literature
- Gregory of Tours . History of the Franks, Prince VI . - M .: Nauka , 1987 .-- 464 p.
- Tsirkin Yu. B. Antique and early medieval sources on the history of Spain. - SPb. : Faculty of Philology, St. Petersburg State University; Publishing House of St. Petersburg. University, 2006 .-- 360 p. - 1000 copies. - ISBN 5-8465-0516-3 , ISBN 5-288-04094-X .
- Tsirkin Yu. B. Spain from Antiquity to the Middle Ages. - SPb. : Faculty of Philology, St. Petersburg State University ; Nestor-Istoriya, 2010 .-- 456 p. - 700 copies. - ISBN 978-5-98187-528-1 .
- Western Europe . // Rulers of the World. Chronological and genealogical tables on world history in 4 vols. / Compiled by V.V. Erlikhman . - T. 2.