Il-276 (formerly Il-214  , also known under the designations MTS - multipurpose transport aircraft  and SVTS - medium military transport aircraft ) - a tactical military transport aircraft project developed by the company. Aviation complex named after S. V Ilyushin . "
MTS layout at MAKS-2009
|Type of||multipurpose transport aircraft|
|Chief Designer||Aviation complex named after S.V. Ilyushin|
|First flight||2023 (plan)|
|Start of operation||2026  (plan)|
|Development program cost||600 million US dollars |
|Unit cost||35-40 million US dollars |
Intended to replace the An-12 , An-26 and An-72 in the Russian Air Force and the Indian Air Force . It is positioned between the light transporter IL-112 and the heavy IL-76 (cargo compartment in cross section is identical to IL-76, but shorter.  ). According to the project, the MTS aircraft is capable of transporting up to 80% of all types of weapons and military equipment at significantly lower costs.
The cost of one aircraft is estimated to be 35-40 million US dollars , the cost of the entire development program - approximately 600 million dollars  .
Initially, the aircraft was developed jointly by the companies of the Aviation Complex named after S. V. Ilyushin , NPK Irkut and the Indian company Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL)   . The protocol on the start of joint development was signed on June 6, 2001  .
The intergovernmental agreement on the joint development and construction of the aircraft, which received the designation MTA (Medium Transport Aircraft), was signed by the governments of Russia and India in 2007. In subsequent years, future partners agreed that the Russian and Indian parties will each own 50% of the company’s shares, the headquarters will be opened in New Delhi . It was planned that the production of the aircraft will be located both in Russia and in India.
At the end of 2015, it became known that the Indian side was leaving the project. The Ilyushin company continued to work on the development of the aircraft on its own initiative   .
In 2017, the aircraft received the name Il-276 .
The estimated dates of the first flight are 2023, a series from 2026. [five]
It is capable of transporting cargo weighing 12 tons at a range of up to 3700 km, cargo weighing 20 tons at a distance of up to 2000 km, or up to 90 paratroopers  .
The specifications given are calculated. Data Source: Jane's 
- Crew : 3 (4) 
- Payload : 20 t. 
- Length : 37.7 m  (40.235 m  )
- Wingspan: 32.25 m (39.37 m  )
- Height : 12.51 m 
- Maximum takeoff weight : 68 t  (72 t  )
- Fuel mass in internal tanks: 25,000 kg 
- Power plant: 2  × PS-90A-76  , in the future PD-14M 
- Thrust : 2  × 17,400  (18,000–20,000  ) kgf
- Flight characteristics
- Maximum speed: 870 km / h
- Cruising speed : 800 km / h 
- Practical range: 2,000 km (with maximum load) 
- Ferry range: 7,300 km 
- Practical ceiling : 12,000 m
- Takeoff run: 1,450 m
- Mileage: 1,350 m
- Kawasaki c-2
- Embraer KC-390
- Anna Yudina. Ilyushin Design Bureau: the new IL-276 transport aircraft will go into production in 2026 . TASS (October 31, 2017). Date of treatment March 29, 2018.
- MTS came out of a stupor
- Alexey Ramm, Nikolay Surkov. IL-276 is expected in the army . Izvestia (October 20, 2017). Date of appeal October 21, 2017.
- English version of the abbreviation MTS, found in foreign sources - MTA (Multirole Transport Aircraft).
- Ilyushin Design Bureau: the new IL-276 transport aircraft will go into production in 2026
- Federal Agency for Industry - IL-214 from a Ukrainian designer (inaccessible link)
- Production Agreement IL-214
- Russia will continue to work on the MTA after India leaves the project // RIA Novosti
- Ilyushin will resume the creation of new IL-214 aircraft for the Ministry of Defense // RBC
- UAC-Transport Aircraft - Multipurpose Transport Aircraft
- Jane's All The World's Aircraft 2004-2005 / Paul Jackson. - Jane's Information Group, 2004 .-- P. 281-282. - 860 p. - ISBN 0-7106-2614-2 .
- UAC :: Flight performance :: Flight performance