Mikhail Aleksandrovich Maykov ( 1770 - circa 1848 ) - poet and fabulist, director of the Yaroslavl Demidov School of Higher Sciences (1824-1826).
|Mikhail Alexandrovich Maykov|
|Date of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Occupation||, , ,|
Came from a noble family, the son of Alexander Ivanovich Maykov and Cleopatra Ivanovna Telepneva . The elder brothers - Mikhail Alexandrovich - the Yaroslavl landowner and Apollon Alexandrovich - the poet, director of the Imperial Theaters  .
In 1782 the cavalry regiment was enlisted in the Life Guards, in 1793 it was "released" into the army as a captain. In 1804, with the rank of major, he left military service and transferred to the civilian at the Theater Directorate in Moscow  .
The first poem of M.A. Maykova - the satire "Money Love" - published in the journal "The Cure for Boredom and Concerns" (1786). Around 1820, the first collection of "Poems by Mikhail Maykov" was released. In 1821, the book "Collection of Fables and Poems", divided into two parts, was published in Moscow. In the same place, in 1825, "New Fables by M. Maykov" were published  .
In 1816, M.A. Maikov quit due to his health as a state adviser and for the next eight years he lived in his Yaroslavl estate.
In 1824, the post of director was introduced at the Yaroslavl Demidov Higher School . March 15, 1824 M.A. Maikov, on the proposal of the Yaroslavl civil governor A.M. Bezobrazov, was appointed director of the Demidov School. In 1826, Mr .. resigned "for a painful state of health"  .
He spent the last years of his life in poverty.
- A collection of fables and poems by Mikhaila Maykov. Part 1-2. - M .: Type. P. Kuznetsova, 1821 .-- 38 p.
- A solemn song to His Imperial Majesty the All-Merciful Sovereign Emperor Alexander I, on the occasion of the highest visit to the city of Yaroslavl, 1823, August 20. - M .: Universitetsk. typ., 1825. - 7 p.
- New fables by Mikhaila Maykov. 1824 - M .: Universitetsk. typ., 1825. - 20 s.
- Fables of Mikhail Maykov / M.A. Maykov. - Yaroslavl: Lip. typ., 1832. - 55 s. (reprinted in 1836)
- Mikhail Adeksandrovich Maykov - poet, director of the Yaroslavl Higher School College
- Golovshchikov K.D. Pavel Grigorievich Demidov and the history of the school founded by him in Yaroslavl (1803-1886). Yaroslavl, 1887
- Russian writers 1800 - 1917. Biographical dictionary. T. 3.M., 1994
- Maykov, Mikhail Alexandrovich // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : in 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- Maykov // Small Encyclopedic Dictionary of Brockhaus and Efron : in 4 volumes - St. Petersburg. 1907-1909.
- Stepanov, V.P. Maykov, Mikhail Alexandrovich / V.P. Stepanov // Russian Writers, 1800—1917: Biogr. Dictionary / Ed. P.A. Nikolaeva. - M .: Owls. Encyclopedia, Great Russian Encyclopedia, 1989-2007. - T. 3. - S. 463.
- Golovshchikov, KD Pavel Grigorievich Demidov and the history of the school founded by him in Yaroslavl (1803-1886) / KD Golovshchikov. - Yaroslavl: Type. G.V. Falk, 1887 .-- S. 75, 177.