Slavgorod ( Belorussian. Slagarad ) (until May 23, 1945 - Propoysk, Belor. Prapoysk ) is a city in Belarus , the administrative center of the Slavgorod region of the Mogilev region . The population is 7812 people (January 1, 2016).
|Chairman of the District Executive Committee||Zhigutsky Konstantin Alexandrovich |
|History and Geography|
|Former names||until 1945 - Propoisk|
|NUM height||137 m|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||▲ 7812  people ( 2016 )|
|Telephone code||+375 2246|
|Postal codes||213245, 213240|
Located at the confluence of the Pronya River in Sozh , 58 km from Krichev , 76 km from Mogilev .
Since the X century, the territory on which at the cape at the confluence of the Sozh River its tributary, the Pronya, which gave rise to the Propoisk settlement, was part of Kievan Rus  . The first record of a settlement on the site of the city dates from 1136 . In 1197, a settlement fortified with wooden-earthen defensive walls (the ancient names are Prupoy, Proposhek, Pruposhesk, Proposhesk) as part of the princedom of Mstislavsky was annexed by prince Mstislav Romanovich to the Smolensk princedom    .
In 1359, the Principality of Mstislav was annexed by the Lithuanian Prince Olgerd to the Principality of Lithuania . In the list of Russian cities near and far near the end of the XIV century, Propoisk was listed among the cities that had previously belonged to the Kiev princes and transferred to the Lithuanian prince Skirgailo .
The groove was repeatedly ravaged by military operations - during the uprising of S. Nalivaiko (1595), during the war of Russia and the Commonwealth (1654-1667), during the Great Northern War (1700-1721).
It was the administrative center of the Propoi elder . In Propoisk in 1607, False Dmitry II first appeared, where he was captured as a scout. In 1690, in the town of 3 churches: Prechistenskaya, St. Nicholas and St. Yuri. In 1708, near Propoisk, Russian troops defeated the corps of the Swedish general Levengaupt .
After the first partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1772), it passed to the Russian Empire and was donated by Catherine II to Prince A. M. Golitsyn  .
Previously, the city was a port, as symbolized by the anchor on the old coat of arms of the city, but since 2005 the coat of arms has been changed, now it depicts a golden monument erected in honor of the victory of Russian troops in 1708 near the village of Lesnaya  . In 1851, the Moscow-Warsaw highway passed through Propoisk.
In 1897, in the town of Propoisk, there were 618 yards, 4,531 residents. There were 3 cable plants, 10 forges, 4 mills, 3 large-sized mills, 10 creameries, a steamboat marina, a post and telegraph station, a bread store, 80 shops, 3 taverns, 3 access houses and 2 churches.
From September 27, 1938 - an urban village, from May 23, 1945 - again a city.
During the Great Patriotic War , July 15, 1941 was captured by German troops, after which during the whole of July Soviet troops unsuccessfully tried to recapture the city.
Until 1945, Slavgorod was called Propoisk . The name Prupoy, Propoy originally refers to the water area where the Pronya river merged with the Sozh . The word “ singing ” means “a strong whirlpool formed during the confluence of rivers” (in particular, when the Proni flows into Sozh). Nearby was a settlement, which, like the canal, was called " Prupoy ". In the future, the name of the city, as it should be in such cases (when the name is formed from the designations of rivers or sections of the river), was used with the suffix -sk - Propoisk .  Renamed (simultaneously with the return of city status) in connection with the assignment of the division that liberated the city, the title of the guard. The name "Guards Propoi Division" turned out to be dissonant. According to legend, Stalin personally gave the new name to Propoisku - Slavgorod, inscribing it in the list of cities in honor of which Victory salute was given in Moscow. Stalin allegedly decided that “Propoisk” was not a very consonant name for such a historical moment. [ten]
The name "Slavgorod" was assigned despite the fact that the city of the same name already existed in Altai since 1914, and the village of the same name since 1938 - in the Dnepropetrovsk region of the Ukrainian SSR.
|Population since 1897         :|
|1000||▲ 4712||▲ 6556||▼ 5592||▲ 7095||▲ 8127||▼ 8114||▲ 7826|
The following enterprises operate in the city:
- Production unitary enterprise "Slavgorod food industry" (vegetable drying plant)
- Production workshop of OJSC "Babushkina Krynka" (cheese factory)
- The enterprise for the production of bread, bakery products Slavgorod Raipo (bakery)
In Slavgorod there are 2 secondary, music and youth sports schools.
The Slavgorod Professional Lyceum (a branch of the Krichev Professional Agricultural College) trains agricultural tractor drivers, agricultural machinery repairmen, category C drivers, bricklayers, electricians  .
In Slavgorod, there is a regional museum of local history, which collected 806 museum items of the main fund (2016). In 2016, 2.2 thousand people visited the museum  , in 2015 - 1.4 thousand people  .
- The ensemble of the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Built in 1791-1793. Prince Alexei Mikhailovich Golitsyn in the style of classicism. The interior is decorated with an iconostasis, paintings and magnificent frescoes, in which initially there were 57 subjects of the Old and New Testaments  . Famous at that time master, mason Luka Ivanov and Russian architect Nikolai Lvov were invited to the construction of the future church.
The best Moscow painters took part in the painting of the interior walls and the iconostasis. Among the artists who painted frescoes, Vladimir Borovikovsky (the author of portraits of Catherine II, Paul I and many other high-ranking officials of the Russian Empire) is mentioned. 
- Parish school of the late 18th century
- Slavgorod, postal station of the middle of the XIX century
Konstantin Simonov has a poem dedicated to the city, “The Tale of the City of Propoisk” (1943)  .
- Arzamas ( Russia )
- Slavgorod district executive committee. Official site. - District Executive Committee
- Population as of January 1, 2016 and the average annual population for 2015 in the Republic of Belarus by regions, districts, cities and urban-type settlements. (inaccessible link) . Date of treatment April 18, 2016. Archived July 30, 2017.
- Geographic and statistical dictionary of the Russian Empire. T. IV - S.-Pb .: Type. V. Bezobrazova, 1868, p. 221
- Slavic Encyclopedia. Kievan Rus - Muscovy. T. 1 - M .: Olma-Press, 2001, 784 p. ISBN 5-224-02249-5
- Lokotko A. and. other. Tourist mosaic of Belarus - Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, 2011, 640 p. ISBN 978-985-08-1248-3
- History / Region / Slavgorod district (Inaccessible link) . Slavgorod district executive committee . Date of treatment January 25, 2010. Archived December 4, 2013.
- coat of arms of slavgorod
- Rogalev A.F. Propoysk - Slavgorod // Geographical names in the kaleidoscope of the times. - 2nd ed. - Gomel: Bark, 2011 .-- S. 179–181. - 256 s. - ISBN 978-985-6763-71-0 .
- Glorious city of Propoisk | Slavgorod on interfax.by
- Belarusian Savetskaya Entsyklapedyya: at 12 tons / gal. red P.U. Brock. - T. 12: BSSR. - Мn .: Belarussian Savetskaya Entsyklapedyya, 1975 .-- S. 697.
- All-Union Population Census of 1939. The number of urban population of the USSR by urban settlements and intracity regions . Demoscope Weekly . Date of treatment February 8, 2019.
- 1959 All-Union Population Census. The urban population of the Union republics (except the RSFSR), their territorial units, urban settlements, and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly . Date of treatment February 8, 2019.
- 1970 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the Union republics (except the RSFSR), their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly . Date of treatment February 8, 2019.
- All-Union Census of 1979. The number of urban population of the Union Republics (except the RSFSR), their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly . Date of treatment February 8, 2019.
- All-Union Census of 1989. The number of urban population of the Union republics, their territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly . Date of treatment February 8, 2019.
- Statistical Yearbook of the Mogilev Region. - Mn. : National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus, 2013. - S. 44-46.
- Statistical Yearbook of the Mogilev Region. - Mn. : National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus, 2018. - P. 45-47.
- BRANCH “SLAVGOROD PROFESSIONAL LYCEUM” UO “KRICHEVSK STATE PROFESSIONAL AGROTECHNICAL COLLEGE”
- Culture of the Republic of Belarus. - Mn. : National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus, 2017. - P. 30.
- STATE INSTITUTION OF CULTURE "SLAVGOROD DISTRICT HISTORICAL AND LOCAL LOCAL MUSEUM"
- Slavgorod district executive committee. Official site. - Infrastructure of the Slavgorod region / Tourism and leisure / | Slavgorod district | Slavgorod | Slavgorod district executive committee | News ... (inaccessible link) . Date of treatment January 25, 2010. Archived February 12, 2014.
- Belarusian Heritage of the Russian Empire: Slavgorod | Persons at interfax.by
- Slavgorod // Tourist Encyclopedia of Belarus / editorial. G.P. Pashkov [et al.]; under the general. ed. I.I. Pyrozhnik. - Mn., 2007 .-- 648 p. ISBN 978-985-11-0384-9 .
- Propojsk // Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego i innych krajów słowiańskich.Tom IX: Poźajście - Ruksze. - Warszawa, 1888. S. 51-52
- Slagarad // Our garads: [Gramadsk-palіtychnae issued recently] / U. A. Malisheўskі, P. M. Paboka. - Minsk: Narodnaya asvet, 1991 .-- 303 s: photo. - ISBN 5-341-00240-7