Vladimir Iosifovich Katz ( July 25, 1899 , Botosani , Moldova , Kingdom of Romania - 1977 , Moscow , RSFSR , USSR ) - Soviet economist, Doctor of Economics (1947), professor (1947).
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1899|
|Place of Birth||Botosani , Moldova , Kingdom of Romania|
|Date of death||1977|
|Place of death||Moscow , RSFSR , USSR|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University (1922)|
He graduated from the Faculty of Social Sciences of MV Lomonosov Moscow State University in 1922  . Since 1923, in practical work, participated in the development of the 1st and 2nd five - year plans , headed the national income group in the USSR State Planning Committee . Member of the CPSU (b) since 1925. Since 1941, at a scientific work at the Institute of Economics of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR and since 1955 at the Research Economic Institute (NIEI) under the State Planning Commission of the Council of Ministers of the USSR , he headed the department of the balance of the national economy.
The main works are devoted to the methodology of national economic planning, the determination of optimal development rates and proportions of reproduction, and the problems of national wealth . He is the author of a number of monographs, including a series of pamphlets of a popular scientific and practical nature: “The National Income of the USSR and Its Distribution” ( 1932 ), “The Methodology of Compiling a Unified National Economic Plan” (1936), and “National Economic Planning” (1936) , "The growth of social production and the proportions of the national economy of the USSR" (with co-authors, 1962 ). Author of articles on economic topics in the Great Soviet Encyclopedia .
- Wife - Sofya Petrovna Sabelnikova, art critic.
- Son - Doctor of Economic Sciences Leonid Vladimirovich Sabelnikov (born 1929), Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation; his wife is Elena Andreevna Sverdlova (daughter of A. Ya. Sverdlov ).
- Brother - Doctor of Economic Sciences Adolf I. Katz .
- The national income of the USSR and its distribution. Moscow, 1932. 
- The growth of social production and the proportions of the national economy of the USSR (edited by L. B. Alter, V. I. Katz, P. N. Krylov and V. M. Kudrov). Moscow, 1962.