Joseph (Sepp) Blatter ( German: Joseph "Sepp" Blatter ; March 10, 1936 , Fisp , Canton of Valais , Switzerland ) - the eighth president of FIFA ( 1998 - 2015 ). First elected in 1998  , re-elected in 2002, 2007, 2011 and 2015.
|Joseph "Sepp" Blatter|
|Successor||Issa Hayatu (acting);|
Visp , Canton of Valais , Switzerland
On June 2, 2015, in connection with the corruption scandal in FIFA , he announced his resignation from the post of FIFA president, while declaring that he would be acting until the new presidential election of FIFA   .
On October 8, 2015, the FIFA Ethics Committee Arbitration Chamber dismissed Joseph Blatter from his post for 90 days  ( Issa Hayat   was appointed FIFA President).
On December 21 of the same year, it was decided to remove Blatter from football activities for eight years  .
On February 26, 2016, Gianni Infantino was elected Blatter's successor as FIFA President.
Joseph Blatter was born on March 10, 1936 in the Swiss commun of Visp in the family of an auto mechanic. Attended elementary school in Fispe, later studied at schools in Sion and St. Moritz . After graduating from school in 1954, he entered the University of Lausanne, Faculty of Business and Economics (HEC). He graduated with a diploma in 1958  .
While studying at university, he worked as a sports commentator and journalist in a local newspaper  . He became a member of the Swiss Association of Sports Journalists. From 1948 to 1971 played for one of the amateur Swiss football clubs  . In 1962, he began his career in a Swiss travel company. In 1964 he became General Secretary of the Swiss Ice Hockey Association. In 1972, as a representative of Longines , he took part in the preparation of the Olympic Games in Munich and even worked as a time judge at the final match of the basketball tournament  . From 1970 to 1975 he was a member of the board of the Swiss football club Xamax  .
In 1975 he became the technical director of FIFA . In 1981, he was appointed to the post of general secretary of this organization by its president, Joao Havelange . In 1998, in the fight for the presidency of FIFA, he won the election of UEFA President Lennart Johansson . In 1999 he became a member of the International Olympic Committee .
He was married three times, has a daughter from his first marriage.
In 2001, his name was at the center of the scandal over the bankruptcy of FIFA's partner company ISL / ISMM. In 2015, on the eve of the FIFA presidential election, a number of media outlets against Joseph Blatter complained about the corruption scandal in the leadership of the federation  .
On May 29, 2015, he was re-elected president of FIFA for a fifth term, after he removed his candidacy after the first round of Ali bin al-Hussein , and Blatter did not have 7 votes to win in the first round  .
On June 2, 2015, he announced his resignation from the post of FIFA President and will be acting until the new FIFA presidential election   .
The European Parliament in its resolution of June 11, 2015 called on Joseph Blatter to resign immediately  .
On September 24, 2015, the Swiss prosecutor opened a criminal case against Blatter under two articles: “criminal negligence” and “theft”. He is suspected of making an illegal payment to UEFA President Platini in the amount of 2 million Swiss francs from FIFA funds, which was made for the performance of work from January 1999 to June 2002 and carried out in February 2011  .
On October 7, 2015, the Investigative Chamber of the International Football Ethics Federation Committee advocated the immediate removal of the organization’s president Joseph Blatter from his duties for 90 days  .
On November 18, the FIFA Appeals Committee rejected Blatter and Platini's appeals of suspension from football activities. On November 21, the FIFA Ethics Committee’s Investigation Chamber completed an investigation into Blatter and Platini and submitted the final reports containing sanctions requests for Blatter and Platini to the FIFA Arbitration Chamber  .
On December 21, 2015, the FIFA Ethics Committee decided to suspend for eight years from football activities the President of the International Football Federation (FIFA) Joseph Blatter and the head of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Michel Platini  . This decision was made after an investigation, in the center of which was a large money transfer authorized by Blatter - 2 million Swiss francs (almost $ 2 million) - in the name of Platini.
On February 24, 2016, the FIFA Appeals Committee shortened the period of suspension of Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini from eight to six years  .
On December 5, 2016, the Lausanne Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected the appeal of Sepp Blatter and upheld his six-year suspension from football activities  .
- Cavalier of the Legion of Honor ( France ) 
- Order of Francisco Miranda Class I ( Venezuela ) 
- Commander of the National Order of Djibouti 
- Order of the Two Niles ( Sudan ) 
- Grand Ribbon of the Order of the Republic ( Tunisia ) 
- Large Ribbon of the Order of the Alauit Throne ( Morocco ) 
- Order of Independence Class I ( Jordan ) 
- Order of Good Hope ( South Africa ) 
- The Golden Order of the Companions of Oliver Tambo (South Africa) 
- Order of Friendship ( Uzbekistan ) 
- Order “Danaker” ( Kyrgyzstan ) 
- Order Dostyk of the II degree (Kazakhstan, December 12, 2005)  
- Order of the Polar Star (Mongolia, September 2007) 
- Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise ( Ukraine ) II art. ( August 24, 2013 )  , III art. ( November 29, 2006 ) 
- Order of Merit, I degree (Ukraine, March 23, 2001 ) 
- Order of Condescension ( Catalonia ) 
- Order of Zayed ( United Arab Emirates , 2003 ) 
- Olympic Order 
In contemporary art
In the film “ League of Dreams ” (dir. F. Obertin, France, 2014), dedicated to the history of FIFA, Tim Roth plays the role of Blatter.
Blatter was the prototype of Adolf Bloodder, the main negative character in V. Nikolaev’s novel “The Killed Championship”  .
- Internet Movie Database
- Encyclopædia Britannica
- Bloodless dictator Who is Joseph Blatter - the eternal president of FIFA . Meduza (May 29, 2015). Date of treatment June 3, 2015.
- Blatter announced his departure from FIFA
- Blatter will continue to fulfill her duties until the election of the new FIFA president
- Blatter and Platini suspended from their posts for three months
- Issa Hayatou to fill in for Sepp Blatter but won't run for FIFA presidency . ESPN (October 8, 2015). The appeal date is May 31, 2018.
- Official statement regarding FIFA's Independent Ethics Committee decisions (English) . FIFA (October 8, 2015). The appeal date is May 31, 2018.
- Blatter and Platini suspended from football for eight years: Football: Sports: Lenta.ru
- Joseph Blatter . Munzinger-Archiv. Date of treatment June 13, 2015.
- Ich brachte menschliche Wärme (him) . Weltwoche . Date of treatment June 13, 2015.
- Irina Rodnina: “My daughter has been living in America since 1990. What is this? ” . Sports.ru (April 2, 2018).
- Don Corleone from Football. Foreign Press - About Sepp Blatter
- Joseph Blatter won the FIFA presidential elections. Online streaming
- European Parliament called on FIFA President Joseph Blatter to resign immediately . TASS (June 11, 2015). Date of treatment June 13, 2015.
- Platini said he received from Blatter 2 million francs for his work under a contract with FIFA
- Blatter is suspended from his duties . Ukrainian News (October 7, 2015).
- Criminal proceedings instituted against Blatter and Platini
- Blatter and Platini suspended for eight years from football . BBC (December 21, 2015).
- The period of disqualification of Michel Platini and Sepp Blatter was reduced from 8 to 6 years . Kommersant (February 24, 2016). Date of treatment December 5, 2016. Archived on February 25, 2016.
- CAS upheld Sepp Blatter's six-year suspension from football activities . Kommersant (December 5, 2016). Date of treatment December 5, 2016. Archived December 5, 2016.
- FIFA President's Honors
- Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 1682 dated December 12, 2005 “On Awarding with State Prizes of the Republic of Kazakhstan”
- Blatter allocated a billion Tugriks to Mongolia News on SportBox.ru website dated September 27, 2007
- Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 452/2013 vid 24 sickpe 2013 Roku “On the vignificance of the sovereign giants of Ukraine of the foreign nations” Archival copy of August 29, 2013 on the Wayback Machine (in Ukrainian)
- Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 1006/2006 vid 29 of the list of fall 2006 rock “About the birth of D. Blatter with the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise” (Ukrainian)
- Decree of the President of Ukraine No. 195/2001 vid 23 birch 2001 rock "About being awarded the Order of Merit" " (Ukrainian)
- Maktoum awards Zayed Order to Blatter Archived February 23, 2016 on Wayback Machine
- Killed Championship