Chrysippos ( Greek: Χρύσιππος ) is a character in ancient Greek mythology  . The late son of Pelop , son of Tantalus  . Because of his beauty, the Theban king Lai fell in love with him and kidnapped a young man at the games in Nemea, who was then dishonored.  . Pelop, threatening war with Thebes, demanded him back. According to another story, Lai took him on a chariot to Thebes, and there Chrysippus committed suicide.  According to Gigin, he was abducted by Theseus  .
Atreus and Fiesta killed him at the instigation of the daughter of Enomai Hippodamia  (or only Atreus  ).
Perhaps it was mentioned by Hesiod  . Perhaps there was the tragedy of Sophocles “Hippodamia”  , but it is not on the list of tragedies. It is called the beloved of God (possibly a mistake)  .
The protagonist of the tragedy of Euripides "Chrysippus", the plays of Diogenes "Chrysippus", the tragedies of Lycophron, an unknown author and the Action "Chrysippus", the comedy Strattida "Chrysippus" (none of them have survived).
- Myths of the peoples of the world. M., 1991-92. In 2 t. T. 2. S.598
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library III 5, 5
- Alian. Colorful stories XIII 5
- Athenaeum. Feast of the Sages XIII 79, 602f // Notes by V. G. Borukhovich in the book. Apollodorus. Mythological library. L., 1972. P.167
- Gigin. Myths 271
- Gigin. Myths 85
- Plato. Spent 395b
- Hesiod. The list of women, fr. 190 M.-U.
- Commentary by D.O. Torshilov in the book. Gigin. Myths St. Petersburg, 2000. P.105
- Clement. Protreptic 33, 5