Bezverkhovo is a village in the Khasansky district of the Primorsky Territory , the center of the Bezverkhovsky rural settlement.
|Subject of the federation||Primorsky Krai|
|History and Geography|
|Former names||until 1972 - Ust-Sidimi|
|Center height||35 m|
|Timezone||UTC + 10|
|Population||↘ 889  people ( 2010 )|
The village of Bezverkhovo is located on the Yankovsky Peninsula , on the shore of Narva Bay, Amur Bay . The village is connected by a 16 km road with the A189 Razdolnoye - Khasan highway . The distance to the district center, the village of Slavyanka , is 43 km along the road, and 166 km to Vladivostok. The nearest railway station, Pozharsky, is located 6 km to the west. Near the village, 200 meters from the shore is the island of Rabbit , on which there is a lighthouse of the same name.
The village was founded in 1877 by Fridolf Kirillovich Huck - a researcher of the Far Eastern seas, a free skipper. The original name Ust-Sidimi ( Sidimi ) was given in honor of the river and the bay on the banks of which it is located. In 1879 , Mikhail Ivanovich Yankovsky , a natural scientist and researcher of the Far East , who first rented and later acquired the entire Sidimi Peninsula , moved here with his family. He created a diversified economy on the peninsula, built on the principles of rational nature management, bred a new breed of horses , laid the first plantation of wild-growing ginseng in Russia , and was engaged in the cultivation of sika deer . Later on the peninsula acquired a plot of land in 50 hectares Julius Ivanovich Briner - the grandfather of the famous American artist Yul Brinner . Here he built a cottage for himself and a property for his son.
After the revolution , in 1922 the Jankowski family emigrated to Korea , in 1931 the Briner family was forced to leave for China . All their remaining property was nationalized. On November 17, 1922, on the basis of the Yankovsky farm , the Sidimi state farm was formed, which in 1929 was transformed into the Sidimi deer farm. In 1926, the state farm bought the buildings of Briner, they placed a research station for antler reindeer husbandry . In the buildings of Huck and Jankowski, the reindeer farm office, club , school , and rooms for workers were alternately located. In 1930, in the Huck Bay, near Cape Briner, the Bolshevik fishing collective farm was organized. And in 1938, on the basis of the collective farm, a motor fishing station (MRS) was organized, supplying coastal fishing collective farms with fishing gear and repairing small vessels .
Since 1930, a ship from Vladivostok began to enter Sidimi. In 1947, the construction of a mink farm was organized at the deer farm , where minks from the Moscow region were brought. In 1960, the MRS was transferred to the management of the inter-collective farm motor station (MMS), which began to overhaul large fishing vessels ( seiners ). In 1972 , in connection with the elimination of Chinese names, the village of Ust-Sidimi was renamed Bezverkhovo in honor of the commander of the infantry brigade, Colonel J. P. Bezverkhov , the bay and the Sidimi River in Narva , and the Sidimi Peninsula was named Yankovsky  .
Until the beginning of the 80s in Bezverkhovo, the main sectors of the economy were animal husbandry and ship repair. The village was actively developing - multi-storey buildings appeared, a new school with 192 places, a kindergarten, a club were built. Reforms of the 80s led to the collapse of the rural economy - the fur farm went bankrupt , the shipyard almost completely stopped working  .
|2002 ||2005 ||2006 ||2010 |
|1037||↘ 995||↘ 964||↘ 889|
The main activity in the village in recent years has become summer tourism in the period of July and August, which often gives local residents the only way to earn money . In the summer months, the entire coast in Bezverkhovo and the adjacent water areas is filled with tent towns. Locals rent holiday homes basic summer houses without services and rooms in private houses and outbuildings. There are several summer recreation centers.
The fur farm is closed, on the basis of the destroyed Reindeer herding state farm , a private enterprise LLC Agrokhasan has been created.
In the social sphere, there are a rural medical dispensary , one school , a rural library , a post office , a long-distance telephone , and several shops  . The rural house of culture is closed, the building is partially destroyed.
Ship repair workshops closed in 2002 . In 2009, the Sidimi base for active family vacations appeared on the site of the workshops.
From industry in the village there remained a small cannery (the release of saury can) and a small warehouse-refrigerator. Both enterprises have not been modernized for a long time and are on the verge of closure. In the village there is a lot of residential construction (summer houses for residents of the cities, houses on the territory of private estates for renting out in summer) as well as two buildings resembling small hotels .
- Museum of the families of Huck, Jankowski, Brinner
- Monument to fellow countrymen of Bezverkhovo village who died in the Second World War .
- Monument to Mikhail Yankovsky.
- Crypt of the Briner family.
- The cellar of the "Free Skipper" Friedolf Huck  .
- Population of urban districts, municipalities, urban and rural settlements, urban settlements, rural settlements. All-Russian population census of 2010 (as of October 14, 2010). Primorsky Territory . Date of treatment August 31, 2013. Archived June 11, 2013.
- Notices to Mariners: Renaming of Place Names Archived July 17, 2011.
- Khasan district. The history of the village of Bezverkhovo
- 2002 All-Russian Census Data: Table No. 02c. Population and prevailing nationality for each rural locality. M .: Federal State Statistics Service, 2004
- Collection "Municipalities of the Primorsky Territory"
- Bezverkhovo village
- Khasan district. Cultural Monuments of Khasansky District