Quake: Dissolution of Eternity is the second official addition to the Quake computer game developed by Rogue Entertainment under the guidance of id Software . It is a set of new missions and locations. It continues the storyline, adding two new episodes (16 levels), as well as new types of monsters and new weapons. Once in 2008, all id Software games became available in the Steam digital distribution system, players once again had the opportunity to legally purchase this game.
|Quake: Dissolution of Eternity|
Virgin Interactive ( Linux )
Activision Blizzard \ Valve Corporation (Steam)
|Date of issue||March 31, 1997 ( North America )|
|Genre||First Person Shooter|
|ESRB : Mature (M)|
|Platforms||PC (originally DOS , ported to Windows and Linux )|
|Game engine||quake engine|
|Game modes||Singleplayer , multiplayer|
|Pentium, 16MB RAM|
The game does not have completely new types of weapons, only revised or improved old weapons.
- Fire nails - lava nails for the nail. Deals about 2 times more damage than conventional ammunition.
- Multi-grenades - one shot produces several grenades.
- Multi-rockets are similar to Multi-grenades, only instead of grenades - rockets.
- Super-plasma - plasma-electric charge, is a likeness of BFG 9000 from the game Doom . The principle of operation, however, resembles a rocket (there is an explosive wave). Damage is not focused on the distance from the target to the epicenter of the explosion.
- Antigravity - antigravity belt, allows you to jump on previously inaccessible places.
- Additional armor - additional protection.
- Ghostly knights - almost completely invisible opponents. Only the glow and the sword are visible.
- Electric eels - electric eels live in water. Their presence indicates a sound like boiling water.
- Stone knights are comparable in strength to ordinary Knights from the original Quake, but initially stand in the form of invulnerable statues that do not react to anything, and when they “come to life” a characteristic sound is heard.
- Infernal Clot - an improved version of the Clot from the original Quake.
- Multi-grenade ogre - ogre, using multi-grenades instead of ordinary grenades.
- Improved flying cobra - a flying cobra shooting a player with self-guided projectiles. After death explodes.
- Overlord - the leader of the Improved Flying Cobras, the final monster of the first episode, occurs later in the second episode, a skeleton-like dressed creature attacking with energy balls that chase the hero; explodes when destroyed.
- Dragon of Terror is a huge flying dragon. It dwells in its cave and attacks with a whole arsenal of weapons.
|Country of Games||8 out of 10 |
- Sergey Dolinsky, Dmitry Platonov. Overview of Quake Mission Pack 1 & 2 (Rus.) // Country of Games : Journal. - Gameland Publishing, 1997. - June ( No. 05 (13) ). - pp . 42-43 . - ISSN 7157-1000 .
- H.Motolog. Double four, or the long-awaited meeting with the dragon (rus.) // Game.EXE . - “Computerra”, 1997. - April ( No. 04 ). - pp . 46-48 .
- Tim Soete. Quake Mission Pack: Dissolution of Eternity Review (English) . GameSpot (17 April 1997). The appeal date is November 28, 2017.