Vladimir Yuryevich Bakin (born November 25, 1953 ) is a Russian military commander and army general .
|Vladimir Yurievich Bakin|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1953 (aged 65)|
|Place of Birth||Cheremkhovo village, Ivanovo district , Amur region , USSR|
|Type of army||Ground forces of the Russian Federation|
|Years of service||1971 - 2009|
|Commanded||Moscow Military District|
|Awards and prizes|
|Retired||Retired since 2009|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Awards
- 3 Literature
- 4 notes
- 5 Sources
- Born on November 25, 1953 in the village of Cheremkhovo, Ivanovo District, Amur Region of the RSFSR . The son of a soldier.
- Since 1971 - in the Armed Forces of the USSR .
- In 1975, he graduated from the Far Eastern Higher Combined Arms Command School named after Marshal of the Soviet Union K.K. Rokossovsky. He served as platoon , company, battalion commander in the Carpathian Military District .
- In 1986 he graduated from the Military Academy named after M.V. Frunze .
- In 1986-1993 - chief of staff , regiment commander, chief of staff of a division in the Trans-Baikal Military District .
- In 1995 he graduated from the Military Academy of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and was appointed commander of the 18th Guards Motor Rifle Insterburg Red Banner Order of the Suvorov Division of the 11th Separate Guards Army . Since January 1998, he was the chief of staff, and since December 1999, the commander of the Land and Coastal Forces of the Baltic Fleet .
- By a decree of the President of the Russian Federation on September 17, 2001 he was appointed chief of staff - first deputy commander of the troops of the Siberian Military District .
- December 13, 2001 awarded the military rank of lieutenant general .
- On February 22, 2004, he was awarded the military rank of Colonel General  .
- On January 5, 2005 he was appointed chief of staff - first deputy commander of the troops of the Volga-Urals Military District .
- Since June 6, 2005 - Commander of the troops of the Moscow Military District .
- By the decree of the President of the Russian Federation of February 23, 2007 he was awarded the military rank of army general .
- February 5 - May 18, 2009 - Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Ground Forces of the Russian Federation .
- By the decree of the President of the Russian Federation of May 18, 2009, he was relieved of his post and dismissed from military service in reserve .
- Lives and works in Moscow.
The military rank of colonel was awarded ahead of schedule, lieutenant general (12/13/2001), colonel general (02/22/2004). Married. Has a son and daughter.
- Order of Merit to the Fatherland, 4th class (2008),
- Order of Military Merit (1999),
- Order " For Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces of the USSR " 3rd degree,
- 15 medals.
- The military elite of Russia. The Russian Federation. - M., 2014.
- Gorbachev A.N. 10000 Country Generals: A Brief Biobibliographic Reference. - 5th ed. - M .: Infogans, 2017.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 259 of February 22, 2004.