The Paris Commune Square ( Belorussian. Ploshcha Paryzhskay Kamuny ) is a square in the center of Minsk . Located on a hill "Trinity Mountain", the adjacent adjacent garden of the same name.
|Paris Commune Square|
|Belor. Ploshcha Paryzhskiy Kamuny|
National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the Republic of Belarus
|Former names||Trinity Square|
- 1 Location
- 2 Characteristic
- 3 History
- 4 Buildings
- 5 See also
- 6 notes
- 7 References
The square is located in the Central district between the streets of Maxim Bogdanovich, Yanka Kupala, Kuibyshev and Pashkevich.
The National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the Republic of Belarus is located on the square. The rest of the square is occupied by a garden, on the central avenue of which a monument to the Belarusian poet Maxim Bogdanovich is erected. Around the square are the pavilion of the BelExpo National Exhibition Center, the building of the City Clinical Hospital No. 2, Trinity Suburb , and the Minsk Suvorov Military School . From the side of Kuibyshev Street, Pioneer Park adjoins the square, in which there is a monument to pioneer hero Marat Kazei .
In the second half of the XVI century. at this place there was the Trinity Bazaar, which became one of the largest in Minsk. The area occupied by the bazaar became known as Trinity Square. In 1919, the square was renamed in memory of the Paris Commune of 1871 . The market existed until 1933, when the construction of the State Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the BSSR began under the project of architect I. G. Langbard . The theater opened in 1938. During the war, the theater building was not destroyed. In 1950 , a decorative garden was set up on the square. In 1981 , a monument was opened to Maxim Bogdanovich in honor of the 90th anniversary of his birth  .
Buildings and Structures
- No. 1, architectural monument (regional) - National Academic Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theater of the Republic of Belarus
- Street of the Paris Commune