Salmon ( Karel. Lohijogi ) - a river in the Republic of Karelia .
|Swimming pool||302 km²|
|• Height [?]||186  m|
|• Height||35 m|
|Water system||Lake Onega → Svir → Lake Ladoga → Neva → Gulf of Finland → Baltic Sea|
|Areas||Prionezhsky district , Petrozavodsk city district|
In the pre-Petrine and Petrine times, it was called Lososinitsa .
The source is Lake Lososinoe , the mouth is Lake Onega . It flows through the Prionezhsky district and the city of Petrozavodsk .
Until the 19th century, the part of the river from its source to its confluence with the Mashezerka River was called the Lososinsky River , the rest, as today, was called the Lososinka.
On August 29, 1703, at the mouth of Lososinka, by the decree of the Emperor Peter the Great , the Shuisk arms factory was founded (from 1704 - Petrovsky ), from whose appearance the history of Petrozavodsk - the capital of the Republic of Karelia - is counted.
In the 18th century, a smelter and factories of Barall and Shannonia were located on the shores of Lososinka. The river within the boundaries of Petrozavodsk was blocked by several dams. In 1800, a major flood of the river left a huge ravine in the city limits - the “Hole”, which has survived to this day  .
In the XIX century, on the left bank of Lososinka, the Drevlyansky garden of the bishop's dacha was located - a resting place for citizens. Next to it was a milling water-grinding mill owned by Lieutenant General R.A. Armstrong , and since 1875 the tradesman Korytov. In 1886, on the Lososinka merchant A.E. Pimenov created a dam for the mill  . In 1889, a sawmill and mill of the merchant M. N. Pikin appeared near the mouth of the river 
In October 1910, at the mouth of Lososinka, the first municipal hydroelectric power station with a capacity of 240 kilowatts was put into operation, powered by the energy of water falling from the constructed dam  .
On June 7, 1915, the board of the Olonets District of the Imperial Russian Society for Rescue on Waters opened a paid public beach on a public pond at the dam of a public station on the Lososinka River. Entrance to the baths was charged 5 kopecks. from an adult and 3 kopecks. from a child of school age  . Currently, one of the unofficial city beaches is located in the Lososinka floodplain.
On the left bank of the river in the center of Petrozavodsk there are city stadiums - Yunost and Spartak .
- Salmon Lake
- Surface Water Resources of the USSR: Hydrological Understanding. T. 2. Karelia and the North-West / ed. E.N. Tarakanova. - L .: Gidrometeoizdat, 1965 .-- 700 p.
- Lososinka River and its importance in industry // Olonets Provincial Gazette. 1891. November 27
- Olonentsky provincial sheets. 1886. April 5
- Lososinka River and its importance in industry. Continuation // Olonets Provincial Gazette. 1891. November 30
- How electricity appeared in Petrozavodsk , “Official Internet portal of the Republic of Karelia”
- Olonets provincial sheets. 1915.June 9.