The coat of arms of the Belgorod region is the official symbol of the Belgorod region , approved by the resolution of the regional Duma No. 11 of February 5, 1996 . This was the first approved coat of arms among Russian regions. The coat of arms was developed by the heraldry commission under the head of the regional administration and corresponds to the historical coat of arms of the Belgorod province in 1730. The coat of arms is by artist Victor Pavlovich Legeza.
|Coat of arms of the Belgorod region|
|Team of authors|
|Coat of arms idea||The heraldry commission under the head of the regional administration|
|Painter||Legeza Viktor Pavlovich|
In the azure field there is a black eagle with silver eyes and a golden beak, tongue and claws, above a golden lion lying on green earth with silver eyes, teeth, claws and an scarlet tongue.
The coat of arms of the Belgorod region basically retains the historical and heraldic continuity of the first Belgorod coat of arms, developed in 1712 and 1729-1730.
For the first time, the Belgorod emblem (pre-coat of arms) depicting a golden lion and an eagle above it appeared on the company banners of the Belgorod Army Infantry Regiment, made in the Armory in 1712, and somewhat later on the banners of the Belgorod Garrison Regiment.
The placement on the heraldic shield of the coat of arms of the golden lion and above it a single-headed eagle is associated with a specific historical event: the worthy participation of Belgorodites in the Belgorod army field regiment in the Northern War of 1700-1721 and the especially shown courage and courage of Belgorod infantrymen (fuseliers and grenadiers) in Poltava the battle of June 27, 1709, which ended in the complete defeat of the Swedes.
The lion in the Belgorod coat of arms represents defeated Sweden - the image of the lion was on the royal banner of Charles 12, and the eagle was depicted on the banner of the leader of the Russian troops - Tsar Peter I.
Danish envoy to the court of Peter I Just Jul, describing in his "Notes" a grandiose firework, arranged in the capital on January 1, 1710 on the occasion of the victory in the Poltava battle, among the many attributes of the festivities indicates a long banner with the following inscriptions under the figures: "A. The stone mountain, which represents the Shvetsky state ... V. The lion, coming out from behind this mountain, presented the Shvetsky army ... D ... the pillar with the crown, which represents the Russian state, to which the lion approached ... E. Then the eagle appeared to protect this pillar, which is the Russian army and the onago, the lion Perun (or fire arrows) expanded with great thunder ... "
On the basis of the Senate Decree of the Belgorod Province established on May 29, 1719, the Belgorod Province was established on March 1, 1727, which existed until the end of 1779.
Under the governor Trubetskoy the first Belgorod provincial coat of arms was approved, awarded the “highest approbation” on March 3, 1730. In the Senate Decree of March 8, 1730 and in a number of other official acts, it was explicitly stated that the emblems of cities from the collection of 1730 of the chief director over the fortifications of all of Russia, General Count B.K. Minikh, were at the same time the emblems of cities and the corresponding provinces.
Thus, the Belgorod province had the following emblem: “In a golden shield, on a blue field there is a yellow lion, on green earth, and, above it, a single-headed black eagle.” This is the oldest coat of arms of the Belgorod Land.
It is this emblem that was taken as the official symbol of today's Belgorod region. The coat of arms was recreated in the traditions and rules of heraldry and corresponds to the coat of arms of 1730 of the historical Belgorod province of the 18th century.
The emblem, remaining identical in content to the emblem of the regiment, in connection with the new canons of heraldic symbolism, has a different meaning: a lion - strength, courage; eagle - power, insight; green field - hope and abundance; blue sky - beauty, greatness.
The emblem of the region pays great attention to the depiction of natural figures (a lion and an eagle) in it in accordance with the heraldic rules existing in Russian and European practice, according to which all animals in the emblems should not be depicted in full accordance with their natural appearance, that is, be depicted “ornamental” ”, And also took into account the rule about the need to preserve in the coat of arms“ properties ”and“ signs ”of its origin“ in all the fine details ”of the historical and heraldic era of the coat of arms, especially since the first Belgorod city Bernese coat of arms passed to us from ancient times and from the ancestors of our own and presents the historical heritage of antiquity and memorability of the Belgorod region.
The preserved azure (blue) field in the emblem of the region, in addition to designating the sky, is a heraldic symbol of greatness, fidelity, honesty, impeccability, chastity, gentleness and beauty. The green earth (grass) in the emblem of the region indicates abundant vegetation and is the heraldic symbol of abundance, hope, joy, freedom. The black color of the eagle in the emblem of the region is the heraldic symbol of power, sagacity, prudence, wisdom, caution and permanence. The golden color of a lion is the heraldic symbol of Christian virtues: faith, justice, mercy, humility. The golden color of the tongue, beak and claws of the eagle is at the same time a heraldic symbol of power, nobility and wealth, and the red color of the lion's tongue is a symbol of love, generosity, as well as courage, courage, courage and fearlessness. The silver color of the eyes of an eagle and a lion, as well as the teeth and claws of a lion, is the heraldic symbol of truthfulness, hope, nobility, frankness, innocence, purity, whiteness.
After the formation (and, in fact, reconstruction) on January 1, 1954, the Belgorod region for the past forty-plus years, the region of its territorial symbol - the coat of arms did not have.
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of July 25, 1994 N 1539 “On the State Heraldry under the President of the Russian Federation” and for the purpose of heraldic provision, establishment and coordination of this work in the Belgorod Region by resolution of the head of the regional administration of September 12, 1994 N 469 from historians , local historians, artists, a public commission on heraldry was formed under the head of the regional administration, the Regulation on the Commission was approved.
Until that time, there was practically no work done in the region to create local symbols, there was no approved coat of arms of the Belgorod region, there were no emblems for most cities, districts and historically famous settlements, local banners and flags were not created, and work was not carried out to develop local awards , insignia, uniforms, heraldic signs and other local symbols.
On the instructions of the head of the regional administration, E.S. Savchenko, the commission began work on the reconstruction of the historical emblems of the Belgorod region and districts, as well as the development of new emblems of cities and districts where they had not existed before.
To recreate the historical coat of arms of the Belgorod region, search and study archival materials about the coat of arms, its artistic image, a creative team was created from members of the heraldry commission composed of Professor Ilyin Alexander Ivanovich, chairman of the Belgorod Union of Artists Legeza Viktor Pavlovich, chairman of the board of the Belgorod Regional Historical and Pedigree Society Palval Valentin Mitrofanovich, candidate of historical sciences, associate professor Parkhomenko Ivan Grigoryevich, local historian Shmelev Yuri Nikolay Icha.
The coat of arms of the region, developed by the heraldry commission under the head of the regional administration in the traditions and rules of heraldry and corresponding to the coat of arms of 1730 of the historical Belgorod province of the 18th century, is the following image: “In the azure (blue, blue) field there is a black eagle with silver eyes and a golden beak “with tongue and claws, above a golden lion lying on green earth with silver eyes, teeth and claws and with a scarlet (red) tongue.”
On August 2, 1995, on a draft of the Coat of Arms of the Belgorod Region submitted by the regional administration for heraldic examination to the State Heraldry under the President of the Russian Federation, the conclusion of the State Heroldmeister of Russia G.V. Vilinbakhov was received from Herald, which welcomed “the restoration of the historical symbolism of the Belgorod land, appeal to the deep levels of the regional tradition ”, and the draft documents on the coat of arms were also considered“ fully successful ” area.
The State Geroldmeister of Russia requested that constituent documents for the coat of arms of the region be sent to Heraldry after its approval.
On August 10, 1995, the constituent documents for the coat of arms of the Belgorod region were considered by the head of the regional administration, E.S. Savchenko, and submitted to the State Heraldry.
On October 25, 1995, the following response came from the State Herald to the regional administration: “The State Herald has examined materials on the coat of arms of the Belgorod region. The image and description of the coat of arms, the Decree and the Regulation on it are executed at a high heraldic level. They can be fully approved, and we put them on the federal register ... congratulations on successfully resolving the issue of the emblem of the region ”  .
- Flag of Belgorod Region
- Coat of arms of the Belgorod province
- Coat of arms of Belgorod
- Coats of arms of the districts of Belgorod region
- ↑ Historical background on the coat of arms of the Belgorod Region Archival copy of January 11, 2012 on the Wayback Machine .