Punch in table tennis is the main attacking and defensive action in the game, there are many different types of racket strike on the ball . Impacts are classified depending on the magnitude of the forward speed of the ball, the speed and direction of rotation of the ball, their relationship, the point of impact, the purpose of the strike and other parameters.
When performing high-class athletes in table tennis, the initial linear speed of the ball reaches 130–180 km / h, and the rotation speed is 50–170 rev / sec   . The rate of exchange of blows in the party may exceed 120 beats per minute  .
Impacts are classified as attacking and defensive strikes, strikes with and without rotation, forehand and backhand strikes, in the direction of rotation (top, bottom, side rotation and flat strikes), etc. This classification is rather arbitrary, various experts sometimes refer to the same same blow to opposite groups. The situation is complicated by the fact that when translating from other languages, different translators translate the same foreign language terms differently.    
Types of beats
Below is a list of the main table tennis strokes mentioned by practically all experts     .
|Russian name||English name||Description||Rotation type|
|Innings||Service||Kick with which the ball is introduced into the game||Any|
|Reception Filing||Service return||Kick by which take the pitch||Any|
|Cut||Push||Reception by the lower rotation of any blows (most often cuts and cuts) above the table||Bottom|
|Nakat||Hit / Drive||Kick with a weak top spin and high ball speed||Top|
|Smes||Smash||Superstrong blow to the inflated ball||Most often the top|
|Top spin||Top spin||Super high spin attack||Upper, sometimes with side|
|Discount / Twist||Flip / Flick||Attacking kick from the table||Top|
|Stand / Block||Block||Stand almost fixed racket under the attack ball||Top|
|Trimming||Back spin / Chop||Protective blow with a strong lower rotation for receiving attacking blows outside the table||Bottom, sometimes with side|
|Candle||Lob||A ball with a high flight path and usually a strong spin.||Any|
|Shortened ball||Drop shot||A ball with a short flight path, falling just behind the net||Any|
In table tennis, there are constantly changes in inventory for the game, the technique of the game,  in connection with which new strikes appear or the fulfillment and name of the old ones change  .
- Elena Zaitseva. Table tennis is the fastest sport in the world . TTSport (December 27, 2010). The appeal date is October 9, 2017.
- Khudets Radivoj. Book: “Table Tennis. Technique with Vladimir Samsonov ” . studmed.ru. The appeal date is October 9, 2017.
- Doroshenko S.A., Muller A.B. Table tennis. Study Guide . Krasnoyarsk, KSTU. The appeal date is October 9, 2017.
- Vasily Zhdanov. Shots in table tennis. Table of all strokes . Online School table tennis brothers Zhdanovs. The appeal date is October 9, 2017.
- G. Barchukova , V. M. Bogushas , O. V. Matytsin. Theory and methods of table tennis: a textbook for students. higher studies. institutions . - Moscow: Academy Publishing Center, 2006. - 528 p. - ISBN 5-7695-2167-8 .
- Schlager, Werner . Table tennis. Guide from the world champion = Table Tennis: Tips From a World Champion / Trans. from English Anna Lolenko . - Eksmo, 2016. - 176 p. - ISBN 978-5-699-89303-4 .