TM Forum ( English Tele Management Forum ) is an industry non-profit association uniting telecommunication enterprises and their suppliers with the aim of developing standards, recommendations and models for information technologies in the telecommunications industry . It was founded in 1988 at the initiative of British Telecom and AT&T under the name OSI / Network Management Forum , in 1992 it was renamed the Network Management Forum , and since 1998 it has been called the Tele Management Forum or TM Forum .
|Type of||Nonprofit Association|
|Year of foundation||1988|
|Founders||British telecom |
|Location||USA : Morristown|
|Key figures||Kate Willetts|
|Field of activity||Telecommunication|
|Fees||from $ 1.55 thousand to $ 54 thousand from the enterprise|
|Number of members||More than 700 companies|
Annual contributions depend on the company's income, for example, for enterprises with an annual turnover of less than $ 1 million, the membership fee is $ 1,550, and corporations with a turnover of more than $ 10 billion annually pay contributions of $ 54 thousand. At the beginning of 2011, the association includes about 700 companies from 70 countries of the world.
The association has developed, in particular, recommendations such as:
- NGOSS ( Eng. New Generation Operation System and Software ) - the concept of building application software for the operational activities of a telecommunications company, designed for developers, suppliers and integrators of software systems, as well as for the enterprises themselves;
- eTOM ( English Enhanced Telecom Operations Map ) - reference extended structural model of business processes of a telecommunication enterprise;
- TNA ( Technology Neutral Architecture ) is a technologically neutral architecture for NGOSS , a supplier of structures and structures necessary to support the processes of analysis, design, development and deployment of NGOSS-based software solutions. The main objective of the technology is to separate business logic and implementation components. For the possibility of reusing business logic and the independence of business processes from specific software solutions;
- SID - reference data model for application software of telecom operators;
- TAM is a reference application card in the telecommunications industry.
tmforum.org - official site of TM Forum