Lucifugum is a Ukrainian black metal band.
|Genres||black metal |
symphonic black metal
|Where from||Zhytomyr (1995-2003), Nikolaev (since 2004)|
|Label||Propaganda , owners - Igor and Elena Naumchuk|
|Composition||Khlyst (vocals, lyrics, drum machine)|
Stabaath (guitar, bass)
|Bal-a-Myth, Faunus, Unhol|
Lucifugum, formed in 1995 , is one of the main groups that formed the post-Soviet black metal scene. The group was created in Zhitomir by musicians Bal-a-Myth (guitar, bass) and Faunus (vocals) and group manager Igor Naumchuk (Khlyst), who, while not being a musician, nevertheless also composed music and lyrics. Igor organized group concerts in Zhytomyr, Kharkov and Kiev, as well as recording albums and their subsequent publication.
In 2002, significant changes occurred in the group: Faunus left the group, and Bal-a-Myth died. The albums “... back to the chopped Roots” and “Sociopath: Philosophy of Cynicism” were recorded by invited (session) musicians who did not become part of the group.
In 2004, Khlyst moved to Nikolaev to continue the activities of Lucifugum and Propaganda together with local black metal musician Elena (aka Stabaath) (ex-Namtar, ex-Hesperus). This radically changed the group’s creativity: the music became more complex in structure and performance, as well as much cleaner in style. "Vector33" is the first album featuring Stabaath, where she recorded vocals, guitar, bass and keyboards.
Since 2008, the group refused the services of session drummers and uses a drum machine.
On July 28, 2014, the new album “Sublimessiah” was released, in which Khlyst performed vocals for the first time, as Due to critical throat problems, Stabaath was unable to complete the vocal recording. Thus, Elena’s vocals can be heard only in three songs of this album (1,3,5).
Spouses Igor and Elena Naumchuk are also owners of the Black Metal label Propaganda. Label Propaganda published such Ukrainian Black Metal bands as Gromm , Lutomysl, Kosa.
- Khlyst (Igor Naumchuk) - vocals (2014-), lyrics (1995-), drum machine (2008-)
- Stabaath (Elena Naumchuk) - guitar, bass (2004-), vocals (2004-2014), keyboards (2005)
All lyrics are Khlyst. Music - Stabaath and Khlyst.
- The Kingdom Sorrow ... Behind the Northern Wind (demo) ( 1995 )
- Gates of Nocticula (demo) (cassette) ( 1996 )
- Gates of Nocticula (demo) ( 1996 )
- Path of Wolf (demo) ( 1996 )
- Through an Indifferent Sky (demo) ( 1997 )
- Squinting ( 1999 )
- On hooks to shreds! ( 2000 )
- ... And the wheel creaks all ... ( 2001 )
- The stigma of selfishness ( 2002 )
- ... Back to the chopped roots ( 2003 )
- AntiDOGmatic [EP] ( 2003 )
- Sociopath: Philosophy of Cynicism (2003)
- Vector33 ( 2005 )
- Higher Art of Genocide (2005)
- Involtation ( 2006 )
- Sectane Satani ( 2007 )
- Acme Adeptum ( 2008 )
- Xa Heresy ( 2010 )
- Od Omut Serpenti ( 2012 )
- Sublimessiah (2014)
- Agonia Agnosti (2016)
- Infernalistica (2018)
- Lucifugum on Discogs
- Lucifugum on Propaganda
- Lucifugum Interview for Ophiolatry Magazine (Russia)
- Lucifugum Interview for Satanic Panzer Magazine (Russia)
- Lucifugum on the Encyclopaedia Metallum website
- Lucifugum's Profile at Last.fm