“In the Kingdom of the Fairies” ( French: Le royaume des fées , 1903 ) is a French short feature film by Georges Méliès . “This is the most magical film of Méliès.”  .
|In the realm of fairies|
|Le royaume des fées|
|In the main|
|Georges Méliès |
|Film company||Georges Méliès |
The wedding of Prince Belazor and Princess Azurina. The sorceress, who was forgotten to invite to the wedding, predicts misfortunes to the newlyweds. The princess is kidnapped in a chariot of fire. The prince gets on the ship to save his beloved, but the ship is wrecked. The prince is under water in the kingdom of Neptune. With the help of the fairy, he goes to the ground, kills the witch and frees Azurina, locked on top of the Kikengron tower.
The filming "involved artists of 17 Paris theaters"  . Scenes in the underwater kingdom were shot through an aquarium with fish. The shipwreck was made using mock-ups in the pool.
- Bluet Burnon / Aurora
- Georges Méliès / Prince Belazor
- The film was a modification of the popular extravaganza "Doe in the Forest."
- J. Sadul . The general history of cinema. Volume 1. - M.: “Art”, 1958.
- Journey to the Moon (film, 1902)
- The Great Train Robbery (film, 1903)
- The life of an American fireman