1840s at the theater
- June 28, 1841 at the Royal Academy of Music in Paris, the premiere of the ballet " Giselle ". The title role was Carlotta Grisi , Count Albert was played by Lucien Petipa , and the part of Myrtle was played by Adele Dumilatre.
- 1842 - the opera of A. Verstovsky “ Askold's Grave ” was staged in Saratov , the first time in the province. [one]
- January 2, 1843 - in Dresden , in the Dresden Court Opera , the first production of Richard Wagner's opera The Flying Dutchman took place  .
- On July 12, 1845, in the presence of Queen Victoria of England, the premiere of Jules-Joseph Perrot 's Pas de Quatre ballet to the music of Caesar Pugni with four famous dancers of the time: Carlotta Grisi, Maria Taglioni, Lucille Gran and Fanny Cerrito.
- On August 11, 1845, the premiere of the ballet “Wayward Wife” (“Le Diable a quatre”) by Adolphe Adan , (script by A. de Leuven, choreographer J. Mazilier) took place.
- 1846 - premiere of Rossini’s opera Wilhelm Tell at the Moscow Bolshoi Theater.
- April 13, 1841 - Semper Opera House was opened in Dresden.
- March 28, 1842 - the Skarbek Theater was opened in Lviv.
- November 5 (17), 1843 - the first City Theater was opened in Yekaterinburg.
- April 4, 1847 - the Liceo Theater was opened in Barcelona.
- December 10, 1847 - the Karl Theater was opened in Vienna.
- 1841 - ballet dancer Anastasia Likhutina left the stage.
- September 24, 1842 in Paris - Emma Livry , ballet dancer, soloist of the Imperial Opera in Paris; one of the last ballerinas of the era of romantic ballet.
- June 4, 1844 - Kikugoro Onoe 5th , Japanese actor, one of the representatives of the Kabuki Theater.
- October 22, 1844 - Sarah Bernhardt , French actress.
- December 4, 1844 - Pavel-Friedrich Gerdt , Russian ballet dancer, choreographer, teacher, since 1865 leading dancer at the Mariinsky Theater.
- June 30, 1846 in Padua - Ricardo Drigo , Italian and Russian composer, conductor.
- January 25, 1848 - Ekaterina Ottovna Vasem , Russian ballet dancer, teacher.
- May 16, 1848 - Coquelin Jr. , French dramatic actor.
- January 19, 1849 - Vladimir Nikolaevich Davydov , Russian and Soviet actor, theater director, teacher, Honored Artist of the Imperial Theaters, People's Artist of the RSFSR.
- June 18, 1849 - Emmanuel Reicher , the largest German actor who played in theaters in Vienna and Berlin, including the Burgtheater, Lessing Theater, the German Brahma Theater and the Reinhardt Maly Theater. Brilliantly played the heroes of Ibsen, Hauptmann and Gorky. He founded the Higher School of Dramatic Art in Berlin.
- November 12 - Tatyana Sergeevna Karpakova , Russian ballerina.
- December 5, 1842 in Paris - Auguste Westris , French choreographer and dancer.
- December 11, 1843 in Lyon - Casimir Delavigne , French playwright.
- November 25, 1845 in Neuilly-sur-Seine - Louis Milon , French ballet dancer, choreographer and teacher.
- January 22, 1846 in Moscow - Prince Alexander Alexandrovich Shakhovskaya , Russian playwright and theater figure.
- Malinin G.A. Saratov: Essay-guide. 2nd ed. Saratov: Volga Book Publishing House, 1980. - 216 with ill.
- Great Soviet Encyclopedia. Ch. ed. A.M. Prokhorov, 3rd ed. T. 4. Brasos - Vesh. 1971. 600 pp., Ill .; 47 l ill. and cards.
- Wikimedia Commons has media about the 1840s at the theater