1801 at the theater
|1801 at the theater|
1799 · 1800 · 1801 · 1802 · 1803
See also: Other events in 1801
- In St. Petersburg, Emperor Alexander I wished to enlarge and rebuild the Bolshoi Theater , designed by Ludwig Tishbein in 1783 . Alteration of the theater involved Jean-Francois Toma de Tomon , who received the title of court architect for this work.
- April 21 - The (architects and ) was opened in Trieste by the premiere of Simon Mayr ’s opera “ ”.
- April 29 - German playwright August von Kotzebue , appointed at the request of Paul I as director of the German Theater in St. Petersburg, retired after the emperor’s murder and left Russia forever.
- June 13 - in Vienna, Franz Tiber’s opera Alexander opened the An der Vin Theater, built for the troupe of Emanuel Schicaneder , designed by Franz Yeager .
- In Kalisz, the Polish actor and playwright Wojciech Boguslavsky founded a drama theater .
- January 18 - in Paris, on the stage of the Theater of Arts , the premiere of Louis Milon 's ballet to the music of Francois Lefebvre “ Gamache 's Wedding ” ( Don Quixote - Jean-Pierre Omer , Kitri - Sophie Chevigny , Basil - Auguste Westris , Sancho Panza - Charles Bopré , Gamache - Jacques Lebel ). The performance lasted on the stage of the Paris Opera for about 20 years and was repeatedly resumed in other theaters, including in St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- February 17 - in Paris, on the stage of the Favard Theater , the premiere of the opera by Etienne Megul on the libretto by . In 1803 , under the name "Hot-tempered, or Everything out of place" was staged in Moscow, on the stage of the Petrovsky Theater .
- March 28 - in Vienna, on the stage of the Royal Theater , the premiere of Ludwig van Beethoven ’s only ballet “ Creations of Prometheus, or the Power of Music and Dance ”, the libretto and staging by Salvatore Vigano, took place . The performance withstood 28 performances.
- April 21 - in Trieste, at the stage, the premiere of Simon Mayr ’s opera on Gaetano Rossi ’s libretto “ ” ( Ginevra - Teresa Bertinotti , Ariodant - Luigi Marquesi , Polynesso - ).
- May 14 - in London, on the stage of the , the premiere of Charles Didlo 's ballet to the music of " Henzi and Tao " took place.
- May 20 (?) - in Trieste, on the stage of , the premiere of Antonio Salieri 's opera “ ” ( Hannibal - Luigi Marquezi , Cornelius Scipio - , Publius Scipio - Gaetano Bianchi , Emilia - Teresa Bertinotti ).
- September 11 - in Leipzig, the premiere of the drama by Friedrich Schiller " Orleans Maiden " took place.
- The production of “ Mary Stuart ” by Friedrich Schiller at the Berlin Royal Theater (Elizabeth - Untzelman, Maria - Fleck, Untzelman, Shrewsbury - August Wilhelm Iffland ).
- In Paris, on the stage of the Theater of Arts , the French premiere of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's opera The Magic Flute took place.
- In the summer, the director of the imperial theaters Nikolai Yusupov invites Charles Didlo to head the St. Petersburg ballet troupe ; in September, at the beginning of the season, the choreographer and his family arrive in St. Petersburg.
- Mikhail Schepkin begins his acting career in the serf theater of Count Volkenstein in the Kursk province.
- November 6 - Count Nikolai Sheremetev and his former serf actress Praskovya Zhemchugova got married in Moscow, in the church of Simeon Stolpnik on Povarskaya . During the ceremony, only the architect Giacomo Quarenghi (or Malinovsky ?) And the bride's girlfriend, actress Tatyana Shlykova-Granatova, were present.
- January 6 , Paris - French opera singer, first performer of a number of roles in the operas of Rossini and Aubert Laura Chinti-Damoro .
- January 20 , Lyon - French actor and poet Alexander Deshes .
- January 29 , Vienna - Austrian conductor and composer Ferdinand Stegmeier .
- March 19 , Naples - Italian poet and playwright, author of nearly 40 opera librettos by Salvatore Cammarano .
- June 5 , Prague - German poet and playwright Karl Egon Ebert .
- August 11 , Berlin - German opera singer, actor, director, librettist and theater expert Eduard Devrient .
- September 10 , Graz - German opera singer Franz Eduard Hiesel .
- October 23 , Berlin - German actor, singer, composer and conductor, founder of the German comic opera Albert Lorzing .
- November 3 , Catania, Sicily - Italian composer, author of 11 operas by Vincenzo Bellini .
- November 24 , Paris - French ballet dancer Liz Noble .
- December 7 , Vienna - Austrian actor, singer and playwright Johann Nepomuk Nestroy .
- December 11 , Detmold - German playwright Christian Dietrich Grabbe .
- January 11 , Venice - Italian composer Domenico Cimarosa .
- May 21 , Paris - French actor and playwright .
- June 4 , Paris - French actor and playwright .
- November - French actor, Société Comédie Francaise .