Overture is a professional notation program . Initially, Cakewalk 's program was purchased in August 2001 by Geniesoft , later renamed Sonic Scores . Designed to prepare for printing musical scores . Huge possibilities for writing special characters and shortening musical notation. The program is quite convenient and easy to use, does not require special skills. Designed for professional musicians who own musical notation at a high level. The program also plays the recorded music using 128 instruments of the MIDI interface . It is possible to connect a VST interface.
|Type of||Music Editor|
- 1 Additional program data
- 2 Extensions to work with the program
- 3 program versions
- 4 See also
Additional Program Data
The program recognizes, enables creation and loses:
- complex rhythms (trioli, duoli, quintoli, sextoles with the possibility of setting your own rhythm)
- the presence of repetitions and endings (reprises, volts, Da Capo, Dal Segno signs, repeating measures and others)
- work with dynamics (in addition to the exact designation, there is the possibility of cres. and diminuendo)
- the presence of various decorations and ornaments (trills, grace hoses, mordents)
Data entry can be carried out by:
- the mouse
- MIDI keyboard or synthesizer
Extensions for working with the program
- Program Extensions: OVE and SCV.
- Export: MID.
- Import: MID, KAR, ENC, MUS and XML.
- Cakewalk Overture 2 (Cakewalk)
- Geniesoft Overture 3 (Geniesoft)
- Geniesoft Overture 4 (Geniesoft)
- Overture 4 (Sonic Scores)
- GNU LilyPond
- Music Editor