Asar Isaevich Eppel ( January 11, 1935 , Moscow - February 20, 2012 , Moscow ) - Russian writer, poet and translator.
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1935|
|Place of Birth||Moscow , RSFSR , USSR|
|Date of death||February 20, 2012 (aged 77)|
|A place of death||Moscow , Russia|
|Citizenship||USSR → Russia|
|Occupation||, , ,|
|Awards||Merit Cross (Poland)|
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Awards
- 2 Books by A. Eppel
- 2.1 Prose
- 2.2 Translations
- 2.3 Poems
- 3 Notes
- 4 References
In 1957 he graduated from the Moscow Civil Engineering Institute. V.V. Kuibyshev (Department of Architecture). The first publication was in 1956 in the newspaper Moskovsky Komsomolets , where his article was printed. He collaborated in newspapers and on the radio, wrote poetry (the first authorial performance of poetry in public took place on March 30, 2006), translated Polish , Italian , English , American , German , Jewish ( Yiddish ) poetry and prose.
Member of the Union of Writers of the USSR (1970). For more than ten years, Asar Eppel was a member of the executive committee of the PEN Club, the World Writers Union, whose main goal is to protect human rights and freedom of speech. Eppel's prose has been translated into several European languages.
A. I. Eppel died on February 20, 2012 in a Moscow city hospital after a stroke  . He was buried at the Vostryakovsky cemetery  .
Prizes of the journal " Foreign Literature " Inolit ( 1998 ), the journal " Banner " ( 2001 ), Prize named after Yuri Kazakov ( 2002 ). Polish Order of Merit , Prize of the Polish PEN Club for translations of Polish literature ( 2003 ), Prize Grinzane Cavour ( 2005 ).
A. Eppel Books
- Grassy street. - M.-New York: The Third Wave, 1994 .-- 208 p. - ISBN 965-421-005-3 .
- Champignon of my life. - M.-Jerusalem: Gesharim, 1996 .-- 317 p.
- Champignon of my life. - M .: Vagrius, 2000 .-- 480 s. - ISBN 5-264-00153-7 .
- Grassy street. - M.: Symposium, 2001 .-- 336 p. - ISBN 5-89091-170-8 .
- Champignon of my life. - M.: Symposium, 2001 .-- 495 p. - ISBN 5-89091-171-6 .
- Crushed Satan. - M.: Symposium, 2002 .-- 464 p. - ISBN 5-89091-172-4 .
- In Telega. - M .: B.S. G.-Press, 2003 .-- 240 p. - ISBN 5-93381-121-1 .
- The Grassy Street. - M .: Glas, 2007 .-- 192 p. - ISBN 5-7172-0039-0 .
- Sweet air and other stories. - M .: Text , 2009 .-- 432 p. - ISBN 978-5-9953-0008-3 .
- Brass moon. - M .: Astrel, 2010 .-- 384 p. - ISBN 978-5-271-31204-5 .
- Bruno Schulz . "Cinnamon shops."
- Staff L. Selected Lyrics. - M .: 1971.
- Tuvim Yu. Elephant Khobotovsky. - M .: 1972.
- Nezvale V. Storm !!! - M .: 1976.
- Nezval V. Anechka-Nevelichka and Straw Hubert. - M .: 1980.
- Bashevis Singer, Isaac . Lublin thing. - M .: Text , 2007.
- Wislava Shimborskaya . Favorites - M .: Text , 2007 ISBN 5-7516-0708-2 , ISBN 978-5-7516-0708-1 .
- Zinovy Telesin . How to grow storks. - M.: Text , Scribes, 2009 .-- 52 p. - ISBN 978-5-9953-0031-1
- My polonian. Translations from Polish poetry. M.: New Literary Review , 2012
In collaboration with the composer Alexander Zhurbin A. Eppel, songs were created for the musical film " The Bindyuzhnik and the King ."
- Eppel A. Poems / Preface. B. Perelmuter. - M .: OGI, 2014 .-- 272 p.
- Asar Eppel in the Journal Hall
- About A. I. Eppel
- The prisoner of the inner pool. Review of A. Eppel’s book “Sweet Air”
- Review of the book by Z. Telesin “How Storks Are Raised” by A. Eppel
- Interview with Elena Kalashnikova “Translation - a diverse meeting with unpredictable luxuries”: http://old.russ.ru/krug/20030319_kalash-pr.html
- Memoirs of Asar Eppel about the October putsch of 1993 // Session magazine
- Shubinsky V. Migrants // People of the Book in the world of books. 2012. No 97
- Boris Dubin . In memory of Asar Eppel
- "School of slander" with the participation of Asar Eppel