Sovetsky (until 1948 - Johannes , Fin. Johannes ) - an urban-type village in the Vyborg district of the Leningrad region of Russia . The administrative center of the Soviet city settlement .
|Subject of the federation||Leningrad region|
|History and Geography|
|First mention||XVII century|
|Former names||Johannes (until 1948 )|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||↘ 6842  people ( 2019 )|
|Telephone code||+7 81378|
Located on the shore of Klyuchevskaya Bay , Gulf of Finland , 144 km north-west of St. Petersburg . Railway station on the line Vyborg - Primorsk (25 km from Vyborg).
Population - 6946 people. (2018)  .
The original name of the settlement - Johannes - is associated with the Lutheran parish of St. Johannes (known since the 17th century, a stone church was built in 1888). In 1925, during the construction of the Vyborg-Koivisto railway (Primorsk), the station was named Johannes.
Until 1917 - as part of the Grand Duchy of Finland , and in 1917-1940 - as part of independent Finland .
The status of an urban-type settlement has been since 1940 . It received its modern name in 1948 in memory of the Hero of the Soviet Union , the pilot M.A. Sovetsky , who died in 1944.
The main (city-forming) enterprise of the village is the Vyborg Pulp and Paper Mill OJSC, built by Finnish builders (as well as a number of village buildings) in 1926 . During the years of perestroika, the plant was reconstructed by Finnish and Swedish builders. New workshops and a waste treatment system were built. The constructed workshops were equipped with Austrian, Finnish and German equipment. In the 1990s, after a large change of ownership, most of the equipment was lost. At the moment, on the territory of Vyborg Pulp there is a construction of an enterprise for the production of fuel pellets (biofuel from wood waste), as well as a pier for their shipment by sea. It is expected that after reaching full capacity (1 million tons of pellets per year), the plant will become the world's largest producer of this fuel  .
In the village there are: hairdressing salons, beauty salon, veterinary clinic, tire fitting, car repair shops, car wash, gas station . Also in the village there are grocery, industrial, construction goods stores, a furniture store, auto parts, a market, and pharmacies. Leisure can be spent in cafe-bars, in a disco-bar or restaurant.
|1947||1959 ||1970 ||1979 ||1989 ||1997||2002 |
|2258||↗ 3561||↘ 3123||↘ 3112||↗ 6471||↗ 7300||↘ 6607|
|2006 ||2009 ||2010 ||2012 ||2013 ||2014 ||2015 |
|↘ 6400||→ 6400||↗ 7131||↘ 7116||↘ 7068||↘ 7018||↗ 7064|
|2016 ||2017 ||2018 ||2019 |
|↘ 7060||↘ 7010||↘ 6946||↘ 6842|
In 1997, the Soviet population was 7.3 thousand people. [nineteen]
Basically, the railway station of the village receives raw materials for the Vyborg Pulp mill and wagons for the transportation of products. The station stops trains on the Vyborg - Primorsk - Zelenogorsk locomotive traction; in summer, the station is the final stopping point for the train St. Petersburg ( Finland Station ) - Sovetsky  .
In 2014, a rail bus was launched connecting St. Petersburg ( Finland Station ) - Zelenogorsk - Primorsk - Vyborg. There is a bus service between Vyborg, St. Petersburg and Primorsky. Bus number 130 " Vyborg - Ermilovo " goes with a stop in the village. Bus No. 135 follows from Vyborg station to the final stop in Sovetsky. There is also a port on the territory of the plant.
There are two kindergartens in the village, a secondary school, a music school, a stadium, a gym, and a village club.
- Resident population by context of municipalities of the Leningrad Region as of January 1, 2019 . Date of appeal April 27, 2019.
- Population of the Leningrad Region by municipal entities as of January 1, 2018
- Andrey Kazmin A world leader in pellet production is being built near Vyborg // bellona.ru (Retrieved July 9, 2010)
- 1959 All-Union Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1970 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1979 All-Union Population Census. The number of urban population of the RSFSR, its territorial units, urban settlements and urban areas by gender. . Demoscope Weekly. Date of treatment September 25, 2013. Archived on April 28, 2013.
- 1989 All-Union Population Census. The urban population . Archived on August 22, 2011.
- 2002 All-Russian Population Census. Tom. 1, table 4. The population of Russia, federal districts, constituent entities of the Russian Federation, regions, urban settlements, rural settlements - district centers and rural settlements with a population of 3 thousand or more . Archived February 3, 2012.
- Administrative territorial division of the Leningrad Region: [reference.] / Under the general. ed. V.A. Skorobogatova, V.V. Pavlova; comp. V. G. Kozhevnikov. - SPb., 2007. - 281 p. . Date of treatment April 26, 2015. Archived April 26, 2015.
- The number of permanent population of the Russian Federation by cities, urban-type settlements and districts as of January 1, 2009 . Date of treatment January 2, 2014. Archived January 2, 2014.
- 2010 All-Russian Population Census. Leningrad region . Date of treatment August 10, 2014. Archived on August 10, 2014.
- Population of the Russian Federation by municipalities. Table 35. Estimated resident population as of January 1, 2012 . Date of treatment May 31, 2014. Archived May 31, 2014.
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2013. - M.: Federal State Statistics Service of Rosstat, 2013. - 528 p. (Table 33. The population of urban districts, municipalities, urban and rural settlements, urban settlements, rural settlements) . Date of treatment November 16, 2013. Archived November 16, 2013.
- Table 33. The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2014 . Date of treatment August 2, 2014. Archived on August 2, 2014.
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2015 . Date of treatment August 6, 2015. Archived on August 6, 2015.
- Population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2016
- The population of the Russian Federation by municipalities as of January 1, 2017 (July 31, 2017). Date of treatment July 31, 2017. Archived July 31, 2017.
- The population of the Leningrad Region in the context of municipalities as of January 1, 2018 . Date of treatment June 22, 2018.
- Administrative territorial division of the Leningrad region. - SPb., 1997, p. 21
- Yandex Timetables
- School (island, Gulf of Finland)