Yakov Alexandrovich (Aizikovich) Khelemsky ( 1914 - 2003 ) - Russian poet and prose writer, translator.
|Birth name||Yakov Aizikovich Helemsky|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth||Vasilkov , |
Kiev province ,
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
|Occupation||poet , prose writer , translator|
|Language of Works||Russian|
Born on January 18 ( January 31 ), 1914 in Vasilkov (now Kiev region , Ukraine ). The author of many popular songs  . Among them are “ When a Distant Friend Sings ”, “Mrs. Warsaw”, “Like Deals, the Old Man”, “This is for You, Romantics”, “Under Our Sports Banners”.
Famous composers wrote the music for the songs to the verses by J. Helemsky: M. I. Blanter , V. I. Muradeli , B. A. Mokrousov , E. S. Kolmanovsky , Y. A. Frenkel , and O. B. Feltsman . Most of his songs were performed by M.N. Bernes .
Member of the CPSU (b) since 1939. During the years of World War II, he was a correspondent for the front-line newspapers On the Destruction of the Enemy and Suvorovets. Member of the USSR SP (1945). Member of the Moscow branch of the joint venture.
He died in Moscow on September 6, 2003 . He was buried in the new Donskoy cemetery (Columbarium 18).
Son - Alexander Helemsky (born 1943), mathematician, doctor of physical and mathematical sciences  , an advanced amateur history of Britain   .
Some poems of Helemsky were translated into Belarusian by Rygor Borodulin .
Awards and Prizes
- two orders of the Patriotic War II degree (06/09/1945; 03/11/1985)
- Order of Friendship of Peoples (02/02/1984)
- Order of the Red Star (08/18/1942)
- Order of the Badge of Honor (02/05/1974)
- State Prize of the BSSR named after J. Kolas (1980)
- Honored Worker of Culture of the BSSR (1968)
- On the Oryol earth: Poems. M., 1944
- On the way: Poems. M., 1948
- Meeting friends: Poems. M., 1955
- Veterans: A collection of poems. M., 1957
- Where you went: A collection of poems. M., 1957
- Midsummer: Poems. M., 1960
- Moon Street: Poems. M., 1964
- Net Reserve: Poems. M., 1965
- Afternoon: A collection of poems. M., 1967
- Lyrics. M., 1968
- Foliage: Poems. M., 1972
- Year after year. Minsk, 1973
- Selected Poems. M., 1974
- Fourth step: A collection of poems. M., 1977 ( Book of Poems )
- At the beginning of the seventh ...: Collection of poems. M., 1981
- Favorites. M., 1983
- Late Conversations: Book of Lyrics. M., 1986
- All on the same planet. M., 1965. In collaboration with R. Bershadsky
- On a dark spruce, a sonorous pipe. M., 1971
- Behind the hills of Grenada ... M., 1977
- Three years of difference. Documentary story about Victor Nekrasov. The journal "Rainbow" (Kiev), 2002, No. 10, pp. 99-142
- Kuleshov A.A. Terrible Forest. M .. 1956 ( Library "Twinkle"; No. 29-30 )
- Tank M. Poems from the road. M .. 1958
- Tank M. East dawn is blazing. M., 1959
- Brovka P. And days go by ... M., 1961
- I am translating poetry from a friend. Minsk, 1962
- Kuleshov A.A. New book. M., 1964
- Key: Pages of Belarusian lyrics. Minsk, 1968
- Brovka P. Steps. M., 1975 (The Spark Library; No. 39)
- P. Brovka. You are my bee. Minsk, 1976
- Tank M. Narochansky pines. Minsk, 1977 ( Book of New Poems )
- Four masters: P. Brovka , M. Tank , A. Kuleshov , P. Panchenko . Minsk, 1984 ( Translator's book )