Gromovo (until 1948 Sakkola , Fin. Sakkola ) - a village in the Priozersky district of the Leningrad region . The administrative center of the Gromovsky rural settlement .
|Subject of the federation||Leningrad region|
|History and Geography|
|First mention||1568 year|
|Former names||fin. Sakkola ,|
|Timezone||UTC + 3|
|Population||▲ 787  people ( 2017 )|
|Telephone code||+7 8137999|
Known since 1568, the toponym Sakkula was changed in the 17th century as a result of incorrect spelling by Swedish officials to Sakkola . According to the compiler of the first dictionary of the Finnish language, Elias Lönnrut, this is the biblical name Zechariah. According to another version, this toponym can be interpreted as "sludge" or "sludge left by water." According to the third version, the name of the village comes from the word "saku", which in a local dialect denoted a dandy-clad man. In addition, the surname Sakka or Saka is found in medieval Swedish church books.
On January 14, 1948, the executive committee of the Sakkol village council decided to assign the name Novinka to the village of Sakkola .
On February 24, 1948, by the decision of the executive committee of the district council, the village was named South . However, a few months later the village was renamed Gromovo "In memory of the deceased participant of the Second World War Gromov." The name was fixed by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the RSFSR of October 1, 1948, according to other sources, the renaming was fixed by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the RSFSR of January 13, 1949  .
In the scribe book of the Vodskaya Pyatina of 1568, the village " Sakula by the lake near Svan " is mentioned . The village of Sakkula was the center of the Sakulsky Mikhailovsky graveyard of the Korelsky district of the Vodskaya Pyatina , which included 40 villages and villages. It housed the Church of St. Michael the Archangel with the chapels of the Epiphany and St. Nicholas the Wonderworker . The lands belonged to the Konevets Monastery  .
After the Swedes captured the county in 1611, the Orthodox population began to leave it, and Lutheran immigrants began to arrive from the eastern regions of Finland.
In 1616, the first church was built in Sakkul, later it was rebuilt several times. At this time, due to the mistake of the Swedish scribes, the name of the village changed to Sakkola, the village became the center of the Lutheran parish (volost).
In 1921, a monument to soldiers who died in the Civil War was erected in Saqqol. In the 1920s, the construction of the Mannerheim Line began , the main fortifications of which passed near the village, along the shore of Lake Suvanto .
In 1939, during the first Soviet-Finnish war, the Red Army stormed these fortifications without success.
In 1940, under a peace treaty, the northern part of the Karelian Isthmus was transferred to the USSR. Since January 1940, the village was part of the Karelian-Finnish SSR .
From August 1, 1941 to July 31, 1944, the Finnish occupation.
Since November 1, 1944, the village of Sakkola was taken into account as part of the Sakkol village council of the Kexholm region . In the course of enlargement, neighboring villages were annexed to the village: Karhula, Kapiainen, Luprikka, Mattila, Pikku Pappila, Sakha, Salakka and Ussila.
Since October 1, 1948, the village began to be counted as the village of Gromovo as part of the Gromovsky Village Council of the Priozersky District.
Since February 1, 1963 - as part of the Gromovsky Village Council of the Vyborg District  .
Since January 1, 1965 - again as part of the Gromovsky Village Council of the Priozersky District. In 1965, the population of the village was 310 people  .
In Soviet times, deposits of medicinal mud were discovered in the village - sapropelite , used by doctors of the sanatorium of the city of Priozersk .
As of August 1, 1965, the village of Gromovo was part of the Red Army Village Council and was its administrative center  .
According to 1973, the village of Gromovo was part of the Gromovsky Village Council and was its administrative center. It was a branch of the farm "Krasnoarmeysky"  .
According to 1990 data, 723 people lived in the village of Gromovo . The village was the administrative center of the Gromovsky Village Council, which included 12 settlements: the villages of Vladimirovka, Grechukhino, Gromovo , Krasnoarmeyskoye, Novinka, Portovoy, Priladozhskoye, Slavyanka, Solovievo , Cheryomukhino, Yablonovka and the village at the Gromovo station, with a total population of 6,446 people.
In 1997, 834 people lived in the village of Gromovo, Gromovskaya volost, in 2002 - 922 people (Russians - 92%)   .
In 2007, 801 people lived in the village of Gromovo of the Gromovsky JV , in 2010 - 763 people   .
The village is located in the central part of the district on the highway 41K-155 (station Gromovo - ferry crossing).
The distance to the district center is 50 km  .
The distance to the nearest train station is Gromovo - 9 km  . It is located on 101.6 km of the Losevo - Sukhodol'e stretch.
The village is located on the northern shore of Sukhodolsky Lake .
Fallen airplane U-2 . Saccola. 1941 year
Bolshaya Ozernaya, Dachny Lane, Zarechny Lane, Lesnoy Lane, Malaya Ozernaya, Novosyolov, Ozernaya, Lilac, Quiet Lane, Peat Lane, Flower, Central  .
Gromovskoye, North Bank, Sukhodol'ye  .
- Administrative and territorial division of the Leningrad region / Comp. Kozhevnikov V.G. - Directory. - SPb. : Inkeri, 2017 .-- S. 150 .-- 271 p. - 3000 copies. Archived March 14, 2018 on Wayback Machine
- IKO "Karelia". The villages of the Priozersky district // Karelian Isthmus - uncharted land
- Handbook of the history of the administrative-territorial division of the Leningrad Region
- Administrative and territorial division of the Leningrad region / Comp. T.A. Badina. - Reference book. - L .: Lenizdat , 1966 .-- S. 48, 86. - 197 p. - 8000 copies.
- Administrative territorial division of the Leningrad region. - Lenizdat. 1973. S. 261, 299
- Administrative and territorial division of the Leningrad Region. Lenizdat. 1990. ISBN 5-289-00612-5. S. 102
- Administrative territorial division of the Leningrad region. - SPb. 1997. ISBN 5-86153-055-6. S. 102
- Koryakov Yu. B. Database “Ethno-linguistic composition of Russian settlements”. Leningrad region .
- Administrative territorial division of the Leningrad region. - SPb. 2007.S. 124
- Results of the 2010 All-Russian Population Census. Leningrad region.
- System “Tax Reference”. Directory of postal codes. Thunder village of rural type Priozersky district, Leningrad region.
- Shitov D.I. The Karelian Isthmus - an unknown land. Part 4. SPb. Intan. 2011. ISBN 978-5-86741-084-1