Nikolai Kornilevich Pimonenko ( Russian dore : Nikolay Kornilievich Pimonenko , Ukrainian Mikola Kornilovich Pimonenko ; March 9 (21), 1862 , Kiev (on Priorka ), Kiev Province , Russian Empire - March 26 ( April 8 ) 1912 , Kiev , Russian Empire ) - Russian-Ukrainian  genre painter , academician of the Imperial St. Petersburg Academy of Arts , member of the Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions  .
|Nikolay Kornilevich Pimonenko|
|Nikolay Kornilievich Pimonenko|
Artist N.K. Pimonenko in his workshop. Photography, (1900s)
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
Two small and one large silver medals of the Imperial Academy of Arts "For success in drawing"  
|Ranks||free community IAH (1870)|
Academician of IAH 
Nikolay Pimonenko was born in a suburb of Kiev - Priorke  , in the family of a tradesman , woodcarver, and owner of the icon painting workshop Korniliy Danilovich Pimonenko. He studied icon painting at the icon-painting school at the Kiev Pechersk Lavra , where in 1876 he was noticed by Nikolai Ivanovich Murashko , founder and director of the Kiev school of drawing .
Murashko, appreciating the undoubted talent of the boy, persuaded the philanthropist N. I. Tereshchenko, who contained the Kiev drawing school, to accept Pimonenko for free  . He studied in class with Joseph-Kazimir Budkevich and Khariton Platonov . In 1880, in his second year of study, Pimonenko was recognized as the best student and enrolled as a tutor in the school staff. In 1882, graduated from school with the title of teacher of drawing.
In the fall of 1882 he passes exams and enters the Imperial Academy of Arts as a volunteer . He studied in the workshop of Vladimir Donatovich Orlovsky , whose daughter subsequently married Pimonenko  . He was awarded two small and one large silver medal of the Academy "For success in drawing"  .
In 1884 , due to poor health and at the insistence of doctors, he leaves the Academy and, returning to Kiev, enters the post of senior lecturer at the Kiev Drawing School, where he teaches until 1901 , when the school ceased to exist  .
He took part in the organization of the Kiev Art College , which was managed by the Imperial Academy of Arts. State adviser , from 1900 until the end of his life taught graphics at the Kiev Polytechnic Institute of Emperor Alexander II   .
In 1885 - 1887 , in the work of Nikolai Kornilovich there was an insistent search for his theme and ways to write it. At this time, at the academic exhibitions appear his paintings "After the auction", "On vacation" and others. And already from the end of the 1880s, the main theme of his work was the image of the life of the Ukrainian village. Great success was his famous painting "Holy Fortune-telling," which was exhibited at an academic exhibition in 1888. Art criticism praised this canvas. [ten]
In 1891 , N.K. Pimonenko received the title of Honorary Free Community of the Imperial Academy of Arts for the paintings “Wedding in the Kiev Province” and “Morning of the Resurrection of Christ” exhibited at the academic exhibition  .
January 1, 1897 for the images of St. Nicholas and St. Alexandra in the Kiev Cathedral of St. Vladimir, the emperor was awarded the Order of St. Anna of the III degree  .
He participated in international exhibitions in Berlin , Paris , London and Munich . In 1909, for the painting "Hopak" Pimonenko was awarded the gold medal of the . The painting, which was a great success, was acquired by the Louvre . Member of the Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions (since 1899), the Association of South Russian Artists, the Society of Munich Artists and the Paris International Union of Art and Literature  .
In 1904 , N. K. Pimonenko, the Council of the Imperial Academy of Arts awarded the honorary title of Academician of Painting "for fame in the artistic field"  .
After a serious illness on March 26, 1912 , Pimonenko died. He was buried at the Lukyanovsky cemetery in Kiev  .
In 1913 , a posthumous exhibition of the artist took place at the Imperial Academy of Arts, which exhibited 184 paintings, 419 sketches and 112 pencil drawings  .
- Zatenatsky I.P. Nikolai Kornilovich Pimonenko: life and work 1862 - 1912 . - Kiev: Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR; Institute of Art, Folklore and Ethnography., 1955. - 110 p.
- Ogievskaya I.V. Nikolay Pimonenko: Album = Mikola Pimonenko: Album. - Kiev: Mistetsvo, 1983 .-- 107 p. - 22,000 copies.
- Painting. Vladimir Orlovsky, Nikolai Pimonenko = Painting. Volodimir Orlovsky, Mikola Pimonenko. - Khmelnitsky: Artaniya Nova. Gallery, 2008 .-- 192 p. - ISBN 966-8914-03-1 .
Museums and Memorials
- In 1952, at No. 28 Gogolevskaya Street in Kiev (the former estate of V. D. Orlovsky ), where the artist lived and worked from 1883 to 1912, a marble memorial plaque was erected by architect M. M. Govdenko  .
- In 1959, one of the streets in the Shevchenkovsky district of Kiev (formerly Monastyrskaya Street) was named after Nikolai Pimonenko  .
- In 1997, the museum of N. K. Pimonenko (a branch of the Boyars Museum of Local Lore ) was opened in the village of Malyutyanka, the Kiev-Svyatoshinsky district , and the Kiev region  .
- The picture of N. K. Pimonenko “Home” served as a cause of scandal among the Wanderers  . The painting without the permission of the artist became the prototype of the vodka label "Spotkach", produced by the vodka manufacturer Shustov . The Wanderers wrote an angry letter to Pimonenko, accusing him of corruption. The artist was forced to sue the manufacturer with the demand to withdraw the “Spotkach” from sale, and to destroy the label  .
- In 2006, the "absolute world record of the artist Pimonenko’s sales" was set  - the canvas "Saleswoman of the canvas", (1901), was auctioned for 160 thousand US dollars .
Matchmakers  (1882)
Divine Fortune Telling  (1888)
Easter Matins in Little Russia  (1891)
Harvest in Ukraine  (1896)
Victim of fanaticism  (1898)
Evening Party  (1900)
Broad  (1901)
Ukrainian night. The Date  (1905)
Haymaking  (formerly 1912)
Self Portrait  (formerly 1912)
- “Victim of fanaticism” , 1899 - one of the most famous socially revealing paintings of the artist in the exposition of the Kharkov Art Museum .
- Kondakov S. N. PIMONENKO, Nikolai Kornilіevich // List of Russian artists for the anniversary directory of the Imperial Academy of Arts = List of Russian artists for the anniversary directory of the Imperial Academy of Arts . - SPb. : Partnership R. Golike and A. Vilborg., 1914. - T. II. - S. 153. - 454 p.
- Pimonenko Mikola Kornilovich (Ukrainian) . National Technical University of Ukraine. Date of treatment January 30, 2011. Archived March 4, 2012.
- Kondakov S. N. Honorary free community. // Anniversary directory of the Imperial Academy of Arts. 1764-1914. = Anniversary reference book of the Imperial Academy of Art. 1764-1914. . - St. Petersburg: Partnership R. Golike and A. Vilborg, 1914. - T. I. - S. 318. - 350 p.
- Konovalov E.G. A new complete biographical dictionary of Russian artists. M., 2008, p. 386.
- Roginskaya F.S. List of members of the Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions // Association of Traveling Art Exhibitions . - M: Art, 1989 .-- 429 p. - 30,000 copies. - ISBN 5-87685-054-3 .
- Ovsyannikov Sergey. Nikolai Pimonenko: a master without two masterpieces . information portal Rybinsk Wednesday (December 25, 2009). Date of treatment April 23, 2011. Archived March 4, 2012.
- Nomad Oleg. A smile through sadness (Russian) // "Otrok.ua": Orthodox Journal. - Kiev: Holy Trinity Ioninsky Monastery, 2009. - Issue. March - No. 3 (39) .
- Zhbankova Olga. Classics and contemporaries (Russian) // “Mirror of the week. Ukraine ”: Information and analytical weekly. - Kiev, 2003. - Vol. February 8th . - No. 5 .
- Pimonenko Nikolai Kornilovich . Slavic information and analytical resource "Slavic culture" (December 17, 2010). Date of treatment April 23, 2011. Archived March 4, 2012.
- Igor Sharov, Anatoly Tolstoukhov. Artists of Ukraine: 100 prominent names. - K .: Artek, 2007 .-- C. 32-33. ISBN 966-505-134-2 (Ukrainian)
- Blissfully Eleanor. Academician of painting (Russian) // “Mirror of the week. Ukraine ”: Information and analytical weekly. - Kiev, 1999. - Vol. July 24th . - No. 29 .
- Friend O., Malakov D. Mansions of Kiev (Ukrainian) = Mansions of Kiev.
- Pimonenko N.K. memorial plaque. // Encyclopedic reference book “Kiev” = Encyclopedic dovidnik “Kiev” / Edited by A. V. Kudritsky .. - Kiev: Main Edition of the “Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia”, 1982. - 768 p. - 90,000 copies.
- Pimonenko Museum (Ukrainian) = Pimonenko Museum // Journal of the Museum of Ukraine / Trigub V.V .. - 2007.
- Bushkevich Dmitry. Kiev is becoming one of the leaders in the antique market. In the capital of a neighboring state set sales records. (Russian) // Nezavisimaya Gazeta . - M: Publishing house "Nezavisimaya Gazeta", 2006. - Issue. April 21st . - No. 82 (3762) . (inaccessible link)
- Oil on canvas Krasnodar Regional Art Museum named after F. A. Kovalenko
- Oil on canvas, State Russian Museum
- Oil canvas, Rybinsk State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve
- Oil on canvas, Volgograd Regional Museum of Fine Arts
- Oil canvas, Kharkov Art Museum
- Oil on canvas Odessa Art Museum
- Oil on canvas, Kursk Regional Picture Gallery named after A.A. Deineki
- Oil on canvas, National Art Museum of Ukraine
<ref>with the name "TSB" defined in the
<references>is not used in the previous text.
- Pimonenko exhibition at the Donetsk Regional Museum of Art on YouTube
- Exhibition of works by N. K. Pimonenko. Catalog (In Ukrainian) / Kiev State Museum of the Ukrainian Mystery. - Kyiv: The sovereign state of the imaginative mystery and music literature, 1963. - 58 p. [one]
- Pictures of N. K. Pimonenko in the exposition of the Rybinsk State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve . Rybinsk State Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve. Date of treatment April 23, 2011. Archived March 4, 2012.
- Pictures of N.K. Pimonenko in the exposition of the Museum of Fine Arts of the Republic of Karelia . Museum of Fine Arts of the Republic of Karelia. Date of treatment February 6, 2011. Archived March 4, 2012.
- Pictures of N. K. Pimonenko in the collection of the Chuvash State Art Museum . Republican Directorate of Cultural Programs. Date of treatment February 6, 2011. Archived March 4, 2012.
- Pimonenko Nikolay Kornilevich in the Gallery of the publishing house "White City" (inaccessible link - history ) . Date of treatment February 6, 2011.
- Pimonenko Nikolai Kornilevich in the Encyclopedia of Painting and Graphics Art-catalog . Date of treatment February 6, 2011.
- Pimonenko, Nikolai Kornilevich "Co-Vest" / "Good Thursday" / (private collection) http://samlib.ru/img/d/dij_g_i/2___olddoc/mm7712.jpg