ZALA 421-08M - an ultra-small unmanned aerial vehicle brand ZALA .
UAV at the exhibition
Integrated Security 2012
|Developer||ZALA AERO GROUP|
|Manufacturer||ZALA AERO GROUP|
|First flight||2008 year|
Designed for observation, target designation, fire adjustment, damage assessment. Effective in aerial and video shooting at a short distance.
Zala 421-08 was first demonstrated at the All-Russian Exhibition Center exhibition of the X International Forum of State Security Means “INTERPOLITEX-2006” (“Interpolitex-2006”)  . In 2008, Zala 421-08 was tested on an ice class vessel in polar day conditions  .
In the course of the joint large-scale military Russian-Belarussian exercises “ Shield of the Union - 2011 ” two devices were used  . By the end of 2013, 400 drones were manufactured  .
On June 29, 2014, during a conflict in eastern Ukraine, Ukrainian border guards shot down ZALA 421-08M over a camp of the Ukrainian armed forces  .
The unmanned aerial vehicle is designed according to the “flying wing” aerodynamic scheme and consists of a glider with an automatic pilot control system, controls and a power plant, an onboard power supply system, a parachute landing system and removable target load units. To ensure that the plane does not get lost at a later time of the day, miniature LED lights are installed on the body, requiring low energy consumption. ZALA 421-08 is launched from hand. Landing method - automatically with a parachute  .
- The range of the video / radio channel 15 km / 25 km
- Flight Duration 80 min
- UAV wing span 810 mm
- Maximum flight altitude 3600 m
- Launch Over UAV case
- Elastic catapult take off
- Parachute landing / net
- Engine Type Electric Pull
- Speed 65-120 km / h
- Maximum take-off weight 2.5 kg
- Target load weight 300 g
- ANN navigation with GPS / GLONASS correction, radio range finder
- Operating temperature range -30 ° C ... + 40 ° C
- Unmanned aerial vehicles at INTERPOLITEX-2006 (Interpolitex-2006).
- Russian developers tested ship drones // lenta.ru, July 11, 2008
- Domestic unmanned aerial vehicles were used during joint Russian-Belarusian military exercises in Mulino, Nizhny Novgorod Region . niann.ru (09/19/2011). Archived March 4, 2012.
- ZALA drones prepare for state tests , October 1, 2013
- Ukrainian border guards shot down a Russian drone
- ZALA 421-08M UAV
- UAV ZALA 421-08M on the manufacturer's website.