Eugene Mikhailovich Lavrenko (1900-1987) - Soviet geobotanist and botanogeograph . Corresponding member (1946) and full member (1968) of the USSR Academy of Sciences .
|Evgeny Mikhailovich Lavrenko|
|Date of Birth||February 11 (23), 1900|
|Place of Birth||Chuguev , Kharkov Province , Russian Empire|
|Date of death||July 18, 1987 (87 years old)|
|Place of death||Leningrad , RSFSR , USSR|
|Scientific field||geobotany , plant geography|
|Place of work||Botanical Institute. V. L. Komarova|
|Awards and prizes|
|Taxonomy of wildlife|
The author of the names of a number of botanical taxa . In the botanical ( binary ) nomenclature, these names are supplemented by the abbreviation " Lavrenko " .
List of such taxa on the IPNI website
Personal page on IPNI website
He was born on February 23, 1990 in Chuguev, now Kharkov region , Ukraine . In 1918 he graduated from the Kharkov gymnasium. In the same year he entered the Kharkov University . From 1921 to 1928 he worked in the Kharkov Botanical Garden. Since 1926 he worked at the Kharkov Institute of Nature Protection. In 1929, he began working at the Kharkov Agricultural Institute. Then in 1931 he received the academic title of professor . Since 1934 he worked at the Botanical Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences. A year later, received the academic title of professor at Leningrad State University. In 1955 he signed the "letter of three hundred . " Lavrenko is also a laureate of the prize to them. V. L. Komarova . From 1963 to 1973 he was president of the All-Union Botanical Society.
Scientific interests: typology of vegetation, zonal and provincial zoning of the steppes and deserts of Eurasia and North Africa .
Based on the interpretation of the “ biosphere ” by E. Suess , he introduced additional concepts of “ phytogeosphere ” and “ biostroma ”. The phytogeosphere is the geosphere (thickness on land does not exceed 100 m) of the main focus of life in the biosphere. The biostroma is the totality of the living matter of the biosphere (as well as the “ film of life ” by V. I. Vernadsky , the “ geomerides ” by V. N. Beklemishev ).
Also known as a collector of painting. In 1987, after his death at the Omsk Museum of Fine Arts. Vrubel was given 12 watercolor works of the 19th-century Japanese artist Bezan Hirasawa  .
- 2 Orders of Lenin (1953; 1970)
- Order of the October Revolution (1975)
- Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd degree (10.06.1945)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labor (02.22.1980) 
- Lavrenko E. M. About the phytogeosphere // Questions of geography: Physical geography. M .: Geografgiz, 1949. Sat. 15. P. 53–66.
- Lavrenko EM The main features of the botanical geography of the deserts of Eurasia and North Africa. - M .; L .: Publishing house of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1962 - (Komarov readings; issue 15).
- Lavrenko EM On the levels of the study of the organic world in connection with the knowledge of the vegetation cover // Bulletin of the USSR Academy of Sciences. Biological Series. 1964. No. 1. P. 32—46.
- Lavrenko E. M. Main problems of biogeocenology and tasks of biogeocenological research in the USSR // Journal of General Biology. 1971. T. 32, No. 4. S. 395-408.
- Lavrenko E. M. Biosphere in the understanding of V. I. Vernadsky and the vegetation cover of the Earth // V. I. Vernadsky and modernity / ed. A. G. Nazarova. M .: Nauka, 1986, pp. 147-154.
- Lavrenko E. M., Sveshnikova V. M. Botanical geography and phytocenology (geobotany) // Development of biology in the USSR / ed. B.E. Bykhovsky, S.R. Mikulinsky, and others. M .: Nauka, 1967. S. 41-64.
- Watercolors by Japanese artist Bezan Hirasawa // Museums of Russia site
- Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the USSR of February 22, 1980 No. 1608 — X “On the Awarding of Academician E. M. Lavrenko with the Order of the Red Banner of Labor” // Vedomosti of the Supreme Council of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. - No. 9 (2031) dated February 27, 1980. - Art. 169.
- Aleksandrova V. D., Karamysheva Z. V. E. M. Lavrenko: (on the occasion of the 70th birthday and 50th anniversary of scientific activity) // Botanical Journal. 1970.Vol. 55, No. 5. P. 735-761.
- Zonn S.V. Leader of Russian plant geography: on the 100th anniversary of the birth of E. M. Lavrenko // Izvestiya AN SSSR. Geographical Series 2001. No 1. P. 117-118.
- Lavrenko Evgeny Mikhailovich (1900-1987) in the monograph Kafanov A. I., Kudryashov V. A. , 2005. Classics of biogeography: a biobibliographic index.
- Lavrenko Evgeniy Mikhailovich on the site of the Kiev Ecological and Cultural Center
- Lavrenko Evgeny Mikhailovich, (1900-1987), botanist, botanist-geographer, academician of the Academy of Sciences on the website of the Archive of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Lavrenko Evgeny Mikhailovich // Big Soviet Encyclopedia : [in 30 vol.] / Ch. ed. A.M. Prokhorov . - 3rd ed. - M .: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969-1978.
- Profile of Eugene Mikhailovich Lavrenko on the official website of the RAS