Kenozero National Park  is a national park in the Arkhangelsk region . The management company is FGU NP Kenozersky.
|Kenozero National Park|
|IUCN Category II ( National Park )|
|Area||141354  ha|
|Established||December 28, 1991|
Kenozero National Park was formed by Decree of the Government of the RSFSR No. 84 dated December 28, 1991 on an area of 139663 ha   . The territory of the park is a natural, historical and cultural complex located in the southwestern part of the Arkhangelsk region at the junction of the Plesetsk and Kargopol regions, its western border runs along the border with the Republic of Karelia . By configuration, the territory of the national park is a polygon elongated in the meridional direction. The maximum distance from south to north is 72 km, from west to east - 27 km.
In 2004, Kenozersky National Park received the status of a biosphere reserve and was included in the UNESCO List of Biosphere Reserves . Since 2014, he has been a candidate for inclusion in the list of World Heritage Sites  .
Elena Flegontovna , the first and only director of Kenozersky National Park, Shatkovskaya , by Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated June 10, 2019 No. 235 “On the Awarding of State Prizes of the Russian Federation in the Field of Literature and Art of 2018” for his contribution to the preservation of historical, cultural and natural heritage Russia was awarded the State Prize of the RSFSR  .
There are extremely few territories left in Russia where the cultural and natural heritage would be preserved most fully and multifaceted. One of such territories is Kenozero National Park, one of the last islands of the original Russian way of life, culture, traditions, which has preserved the richness and purity of its inner world, which is turned to the sources. And it is no coincidence that the idea of creating a national park in the Kenozero region, put forward in the 1960s by experts - historians, geographers, art historians, architects, biologists, foresters, forest managers, thanks to the active support of the public, numerous admirers of Kenozerye’s culture and nature, has come to fruition.
Monuments of the Neolithic era Medvezhy Ostrov 1 and Kositsyno 2, belonging to the Kargopol archaeological culture (2nd half of 4 thousand BC), were revealed on the territory of Kenozero Park  .
- 1 Climatic conditions
- 2 Nature
- 2.1 Flora
- 2.2 Fauna
- 2.3 Protected Ecosystems
- 2.4 Phenomena
- 3 See also
- 4 notes
- 5 Links
The climate is temperate continental. Absolute minimum −47 ° C, absolute maximum +34 ° C . Steady snow cover lasts 160 days. The frost-free period is 105-110 days . The average annual rainfall is 500 mm.
Kenozersky National Park is surrounded by forests on all sides. The territory of the park is covered by forest taiga for three quarters, the rest of the territory is occupied by swamps, meadows, lakes ( Kenozero , Lekshmozero , etc.). For thousands of years of evolution and changes in climatic eras, mixed pine-spruce forests have formed on this territory, covering an area of about 106 thousand ha or 76% of the national park. Economic development of the territory has significantly changed their appearance. In modern forests of the park prevail mixed stands and complex in structure of stands, mainly pine and spruce stands, whose age does not exceed 120 years. The relative youth of the forests is associated with the rather active use of slash-and-burn agriculture in the past, which radically changed their age and species structure. Nevertheless, fragments of indigenous forests (about 5 thousand hectares), practically not affected by economic activity, were preserved on the territory. They occupy lowland, swampy areas and are represented by long-spruce spruce forests and sphagnum pine forests. Although they do not represent the entire spectrum of types of indigenous forests, they can be considered as refugia of the natural biological diversity of virgin taiga forest-bog complexes that disappeared in the region in the distant past. The predominance of derivative forests, as well as their high age and species fragmentation, determined a high ecosystem and species diversity.
Swamps are endless moss fields interspersed with small lakes - lambus. Swamp massifs (7.3 thousand ha) of the Park are represented by almost all types. They are different in the nature of water supply, and, accordingly, in the diversity of plant and animal species that inhabit them. Berries are plentiful here - cloudberries, cranberries, lingonberries, blueberries, blueberries and crowberry.
The Kenozero flora has a specific appearance of the middle taiga; its feature is the presence of West Siberian and European species. In total, over 600 species of higher vascular plants from 77 families were recorded in the Park, of which 53 belong to the category of rare and endangered. The largest number of species falls on the following families: asteraceae, cereals, sedge, rosaceae, and clover. Of the plants placed in the Red Book of the International Union for Conservation of Nature, a slipper is found in real , and in the Red Book of the Russian Federation - a slipper is real, the thinnest midwife , lake midfielder and Traunshteiner’s palm root .
The location of the park at the northern border of the middle taiga subzone, the diversity of landscapes, along with the historical features of the formation of natural complexes, determine the mixed composition of the fauna.
The Park is inhabited by typical mid-taiga species (in particular, red-backed vole , forest mouse , squirrel, white hare , bear, elk , hazel grouse , capercaillie ), as well as species more characteristic of broad-leaved forest and even steppe natural zones ( mouse - baby , common vole , quail , gray partridge , corncrake , kestrel ), as well as animals of the northern taiga and tundra ( forest lemming , red vole , wolverine , partridge , etc.). Up to 40% of species live at the northern or southern borders of their range. On the territory of the Park, 263 species of birds, 50 species of mammals, 5 species of amphibians and 4 species of reptiles were registered. The ichthyofauna of the water bodies of the Park is also characterized by a mixed composition. 28 species of fish from 7 orders live here, including bream , whitefish , European vendace , burbot , perch , ide , common pike , and ruff . Two species of lampreys inhabit Lake Kenozero. Of the species of animals listed in the Red Book of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, a white-tailed eagle , a peregrine falcon , an ordinary pearl mussel and an armored amphibian are found in the park. Eleven species of animals are listed in the Red Book of Russia, including the white- headed loon , the goose-squeak , golden eagle and gyrfalcon .
- Fragments of indigenous coniferous mid-taiga forests not changed by traditional economic activity - about 5 thousand hectares
- Sites of forest and swamp complexes - 7.3 thousand ha
- Ozovaya ridge (Maselga) - a fragment of the watershed of the Arctic and Atlantic oceans
- The Kenozero Depression is the oldest fault in the earth's crust (over 600 Ma), with depths exceeding 100 m
- Porzhenka river canyon in ancient Cretaceous sediments, with a height difference of up to 120 m
- Ancient Canal Lake System
- List of specially protected natural territories of the Arkhangelsk region
- Kenozero National Park . General information . kenozero.ru . Date of treatment August 9, 2018.
- Kenozero National Park (official site)
- Government Decree of the RSFSR of December 28, 1991 N 84 . “On the Creation of the Kenozersky National Park of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of the RSFSR in the Arkhangelsk Region” (as amended and supplemented on October 9, 1995) . pravo.gov.ru . Date of treatment August 9, 2018.
- Kenozersky National Park / Specially Protected Territories of the Russian Federation
- UNESCO World Heritage Center. Mamayev Kurgan Memorial Complex "To the Heroes of the Battle of Stalingrad" - UNESCO World Heritage Center . whc.unesco.org. Date of treatment March 17, 2016.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated June 10, 2019 No. 235 "On the awarding of State Prizes of the Russian Federation in the field of literature and art of 2018" . Rossiyskaya Gazeta (06/10/2019).
- Kunstkamera experts found artifacts of the Neolithic in Kenozerye
- Ecotourism Potential of Kenozersky National Park
- The land where you must visit!
- Kenozero National Park // Confiscation Office - Kyrgyzstan. - M .: Great Russian Encyclopedia, 2009. - P. 574. - ( Great Russian Encyclopedia : [in 35 vols.] / Ch. Ed. Yu. S. Osipov ; 2004—2017, vol. 13). - ISBN 978-5-85270-344-6 .