Oracle Application Express (abbreviated as Oracle Apex , APEX , formerly called Oracle HTMLDB ) is a proprietary environment for the rapid development of application software based on the Oracle Database , which is fully implemented as a web application. All elements that occur during the development cycle of the application in this environment are stored directly in the Oracle Database infrastructure, thereby ensuring the joint work of developers and version control without the use of files and additional version control systems . Applications can be deployed on an instance of Oracle Database without additional software (using the web server built into the DBMS), or the web server can be moved to an external server based on Apache httpd with the
mod_plsql module. There is also a Oracle APEX Listener Java application that can be deployed on J2EE application servers to provide web server functions for APEX applications with web server caching capabilities, web-based configuration, additional monitoring and security features .
|Oracle Application Express|
|operating system||Linux |
z / OS
|Latest version||18.2.0.00.12 ( November 15 , 2018 )|
|License||Oracle Technical Network License ( proprietary  )|
The main types of solutions based on Oracle Application Express
- Web applications for working with data stored in Oracle Database .
- Online reporting.
- Migration with Microsoft Access .
- Migration from Oracle Forms .
- Migration from Microsoft Excel .
- Customization Oracle E-Business Suite  .
Oracle Application Express can be used with Oracle Database 9.2 and later, and starting with Oracle Database 11g, APEX is installed by default with the DBMS.
Apache HTTP Server or Embedded PL / SQL Gateway (EPG, supported in Oracle Database Express Edition and in other editions starting from version 11g) can be used as a web server for displaying pages.
- 2000 - Flows
- Oracle Platform
- Project marvel
- Oracle HTML DB 1.3
- Oracle HTML DB 1.3.6
- Oracle HTML DB 1.5.0
- Oracle HTML DB 1.5.1
- March 28, 2005 - Oracle HTML DB 1.6
- September 13, 2005 - Oracle HTML DB 2.0
- July 27, 2006 - Oracle Application Express 2.2
- September 8, 2006 - Oracle Application Express 2.2.1
- March 14, 2007 - Oracle Application Express 3.0
- June 27, 2007 - Oracle Application Express 3.0.1
- February 29, 2008 - Oracle Application Express 3.1
- May 22, 2008 - Oracle Application Express 3.1.1
- August 28, 2008 - Oracle Application Express 3.1.2
- February 27, 2009 - Oracle Application Express 3.2
- June 23, 2010 - Oracle Application Express 4.0
- August 24, 2011 - Oracle Application Express 4.1
- October 15, 2012 - Oracle Application Express 4.2
- April 15, 2015 - Oracle Application Express 5.0
- March 4, 2017 - Oracle Application Express 5.1
- May 5, 2018 - Oracle Application Express 18.1
- November 15, 2018 - Oracle Application Express 18.2 
- Oracle Application Express Documentation . Oracle Help Center.
- Extending Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 using Oracle Application Express . Oracle White Paper . Oracle (April 15, 2011). Date of treatment October 6, 2011. Archived March 4, 2012.
- Oracle Application Express Release Notes . Oracle Help Center. Date of treatment January 15, 2019.