Yuri Semenovich Tarsky ( December 14, 1920 , Ulla , Vitebsk province ) - Russian writer , publicist , captain of the second rank  .
|Yuri Semenovich Tarsky|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Awards and prizes|
In 1938 he entered the Navy as a volunteer, in 1941 he graduated from the military department of the Far Eastern University (1941), was appointed an officer of the intelligence service of the Main Directorate of the Navy. Member of World War II . From 1942 he served in the Baltic Fleet, from 1945 - deputy commander of the 73rd separate reconnaissance and sabotage detachment of the Special Forces Command and Aviation Command of the Amur Flotilla .  He was awarded the Order of the Red Banner , twice the Order of the Red Star , and medals.
After the war he graduated from the Caspian Higher Naval School named after S. M. Kirova (1950), editorial department of the Moscow Polytechnic Institute (in absentia, 1963). Member of the Union of Writers of the USSR (1982).
- Strength test. M., 1960 ( Library of the magazine Soviet Sailor ; No. 5)
- The story of the submarine. M., 1961
- Underwater watch. M., 1962
- Stronger than Death: Stories. M., 1963
- Drown them all. M., 1963
- The test of fire. M., 1964 ( Fiction. Adventure. Travel )
- The submarine goes off in search: A Tale. M., 1966
- Surf at the designated square. M., 1981
- Navy. M., 1982
- Lockwood C., Adamson G. Sea Devils = Lockwood Charles A., Adamson Hans Christian. Hellcats of the Sea. NY, 1955 / Per. from English E. S. Triumfova, Yu. S. Tarsky, E. N. Piterskaya, A. N. Salnikova, Yu. A. Gudkov; Under the total. ed. and with the foreword. Rear Admiral A.I. Rodionov. - M .: Military Publishing , 1958. - 320 p. (per.)