Tales of Darknord is one of the oldest death metal bands in Russia, formed in the fall of 1991.
|Tales of darknord|
|Label||More Hate Productions |
Mortal Dreams Productions
The musical group Tales of Darknord was formed in the fall of 1991 by guitarist Alex Kantemirov in the framework of death-metal . In addition to Alex Kantemirov, the first team included: Pavel Dmitrov - bass, backing vocals; Sergey Dmitrov - drums. A year later, the first demo of Tales of Darknord called Blackened Soul Remains is released . After recording the demo, the collective was covered in the Rock Intensiv program within the Four Quarters channel on Radio Russia.
In September 1994, rearrangements took place in the composition - Anton Shirl now plays the bass guitar, and John Kuznetsov plays the bass guitar. December 8, 1994 was recorded the second demo of Tragedy , sustained in a more melodic direction. The following Absorbing Destinies demo, recorded on March 25, 1995, has received good reviews both in Russia and abroad. June 24, 1995, the last Tales of Darknord demo was recorded, and on November 4, the band participated in the Frame Up festival in the city of Rostov-on-Don together with Gods Tower , Detonator , etc.
In 1996, the debut full-length album Obliteration Allegory was released on the division of the Russian label Union MetalAgen Records and on the label Mortal Dreams Productions . The album includes 12 tracks written by Tales of Darknord from 1992 to 1996.
On January 31, 1997, the recording of the second album, called Endless Sunfall, was completed . The album was released immediately on several labels - Legion Productions (in Belarus), RIP Productions (in Russia), Soundless Productions (in Lithuania). After the release of the album Tales of Darknord, they take part in the Extremum Fest international music festival in Minsk with Hermh (Poland), Vicious Crusade , Gods Tower , Apraxia .
From October 6 to November 27, the last album The Last , which was released at RIP Productions in 1998, was recorded. In 2000 comes Dismissed . In 2001, there is another change in the composition of the group and its last appearance on the stage. Then - only studio work, which ended in 2004 with the release of the final album for the group “Stalingrad: War Episodes”.
- 1992 - Blackened Souls Remains (demo)
- 1994 - Tragedy (demo)
- 1995 - Absorbing Destinies (demo)
- 1995 - Unearthly Agitator (demo)
- 1996 - Obliteration Allegory
- 1997 - Endless Sunfall
- 1997 - The Last
- 2000 - Dismissed
- 2004 - Stalingrad: War Episodes
- Evgeny Dementiev - drums
- Mr. Grikot - guitar, vocals
- Anton Schirl - vocals, bass, guitar ( Der Gerwelt )
- Alex Kantemirov - vocals, guitar ( Rossomahaar , Der Gerwelt , Katar , Stonehenge )
- Pavel Dmitrov - bass
- Sergey Dmitrov - drums
- John Kuznetsov - Percussion ( Winter Magik )
- Max Tyuh - guitar
- Official site (rus.)
- Tales of Darknord on Tartarean Desire (English)
- Tales of Darknord on Encyclopaedia Metallum (eng.)
- Group site on narod.ru (rus.)
- Tales of Darknord on Last.fm (Rus.)
- The Metal Observer: Endless Sunfall Album Review (Eng.)
- The Metal Observer: Stalingrad: War Episodes album review (eng.)