Mikhail Isaakovich Sinelnikov (born November 19, 1946 , Leningrad ) is a Russian poet, translator , literary critic , and historian of Russian literature.
|Mikhail Isaakovich Sinelnikov|
Mikhail Sinelnikov at the presentation of the book "Libretto for the Desert" by Sona Van in the museum of Marina Tsvetaeva. Moscow, 10.16.2017
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth||Leningrad , USSR|
|Occupation||poet , translator , literary critic|
|Language of Works||Russian|
Born in 1946 in Leningrad , in a family that survived the blockade. Father is a war journalist, writer, later a memoirist, known to philologists for his memoirs about the literary life of Leningrad of the twenties (Young Zabolotsky, Mandelstam Evening, etc.). Mother - a teacher of Russian language and literature, during the war years - the director of the orphanage for orphans of the blockade . Sinelnikov’s early years passed in Kyrgyzstan, where he graduated from the history department of the Osh Pedagogical Institute . For two years he worked as a correspondent for a regional newspaper. In 1969 he entered the Gorky Moscow Literary Institute .
He worked in the Literary Newspaper , in the magazine Friendship of Peoples . He taught poetry at the Christian Lyceum, was vice-rector of the Institute for the Development of Regional Education, and a columnist for the Moscow News newspaper.
Member of the Union of Writers of the USSR (1976) and the Union of Writers of Moscow .
Already at the beginning of his journey, his poems were noticed and approved by a number of prominent writers: Leonid Martynov , Veniamin Kaverin , Mikhail Zenkevich , Arseny Tarkovsky , Sergey Markov , Boris Slutsky , Alexander Mezhirov .
The first poetic collection, Clouds and Birds, was published in 1975. In Soviet times, he was a member of five Councils for National Literature under the Union of Writers of the USSR: Georgian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Tajik, Kyrgyz. He was engaged in translations, translated poets from Europe, the Far East, the North Caucasus, Turkic countries (Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tatarstan, Balkaria, Karachai), Armenia, Tajikistan, and the Persian classics. In 2011, the book of selected translations of Mikhail Sinelnikov, "Poetry of the East."
Sinelnikov is a literature researcher, author of many articles on poetry (including those devoted to the influence of world religions on Russian literature), as well as memoirs about poets and artists. Compiled by a number of anthological collections: “A Date from Tbilisi”, “Cimmerian Sibyl”, “Petersburg-Petrograd-Leningrad in Russian Poetry”, “Middle City, heart-shaped city. Moscow in Russian poetry ”,“ Russian nanny ”,“ Omar Khayyam in translations of Russian poets ”,“ Persian classical poetry ”,“ Persian love lyrics ”,“ Hafiz in translations of Russian poets ”,“ Invisible blessing. Islamic East in Russian poetry ”(two editions),“ Lotus in the air. India in the verses of Russian poets "," Call of Alazani. Masterpieces of Georgian poetry in translations of Russian poets ”, books of Abul al-al-Maarri and Rabindranath Tagore, a co-compiler of Azerbaijani and Turkmen poetic anthologies, published with the preface by Vladimir V. Putin of the book“ Tales of a Golden Tribute to the Millennium of Kazan ”and many other anthological collections and almanacs. Since 2003, Sinelnikov has been the main compiler of a comprehensive anthology of Russian poetry, created as part of the long-term project of the Russian Academy of Sciences “History in the Mirror of Poetry”. Two monumental anthologies “Northern Sutra. Compiled by Mikhail Sinelnikov”, prepared by Mikhail Sinelnikov, were prepared for publication. Buddhist motifs in Russian poetry ”and“ Turkic world in Russian poetry ”.
The author of 21 original poetry collections, including the one-volume (2004), two-volume (2006) and the book “One Hundred Poems” (2011). The poems are translated into English, German, Spanish, Polish, Bulgarian, Serbo-Croatian, Slovenian, Romanian, Turkish, Azerbaijani, Farsi, Hindi, Uzbek, Kyrgyz, Georgian, Armenian, Ossetian, Mongolian, Vietnamese, Korean, published in separate books in Montenegro and Romania. .
He was awarded the Ivan Bunin Prizes (2010), the Arseny and Andrei Tarkovsky Prizes (2012), the Globe Prize for International Creativity (1997), the Golden Pen Prize (1997), the Islamic Breakthrough Prize (2007), and the Georgian Prize of George Leonidze (2002), Kyrgyz Alykul Osmonov Prize (2006), Tajik Borgoi Sukhan Prize (2011), Azerbaijani Najaf Najafov Prize (2013), Romanian Paul Polidor Foundation Prize (2006), literary magazine awards. Among the awards are the Georgian Order of St. Nina, the silver medal of Ivan Bunin (from the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences), the medal of Valery Bryusov, the Armenian gold medal "For Literary Merit", the Tajik medal "Sign of the Word", the Certificate of Honor of the President of Kyrgyzstan. Mikhail Sinelnikov - Honored Worker of Culture of Ingushetia, member of the Executive Committee of the Society for Cultural and Business Cooperation with India, he is also a full member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences and the Petrovsky Academy, academician of the Turkish Academy of Culture and Poetry (Chanakkale). At the Moscow Institute of Asia and Africa, he teaches the course he developed, "Asia and Africa in Russian Poetry." He is a member of the editorial board of the international magazine Dialogue of the Seas, published in Bucharest.
Reviews on the poetry of Mikhail Sinelnikov
It is difficult to imagine the future, but, as it seems to me, the promising poet is growing before our eyes. Leonid Martynov. Moskovsky Komsomolets August 9, 1968
Already from his first works, which I met three years ago, it was possible to judge that he possessed an extraordinary poetic talent. With this talent combined an excellent knowledge of Russian and world literature. These features, very important for the future writer, have strengthened over the years ... He is still very young and for me there is no doubt that a passionate love for literature will play an important role in its further development. His poems are distinguished by a rich and, sometimes, unexpected imagery, concern for melody, and wide outlook. His poetry is characterized by moral self-report, which, hopefully, will deepen over the years. At the same time, his poems seem to call for the study of the history of the people - an important feature that echoes the vast education of the young poet. Extraordinary industriousness, outstanding talent, the desire to find and develop his own poetic voice have strengthened over the years and acquired the features of professionalism ... Veniamin Kaverin. 1971
... He grew up in southern Kyrgyzstan. The people and nature of this peculiar land brought up Mikhail Sinelnikov as a person and a poet. The modern life of the people and their heroic past is the key acquired by the poet, which made it possible for Sinelnikov to penetrate the hearts of everyone who recognized his poems. The reader is not indifferent to the historical instinct that is characteristic of the poet, which is the soul of his poems. His poems are a living and very full-blooded phenomenon of genuine poetic art, strong and quite original. These verses are full of thoughts and feelings, alien to both sentimentality and indifference to the phenomena of life. His passion (and it is beyond doubt!) Is restrained by an innate good artistic taste and is always guided by reason. It would seem that this can be considered an exaggeration (we are talking about a 24-year-old poet), but the maturity of this artist’s thinking, the impeccability of his writing should convince anyone who is biased towards our young poetry. The style of M. Sinelnikov is characterized by the clarity of visual means, the expression of imagery. In his poems there are no details that would not serve the theme of the poem. His epithet is accurate and does not allow options: it is a very rare, precious property! Arseny Tarkovsky. 1971
... Mikhail Sinelnikov is undoubtedly very talented. He selflessly, thoughtfully and deeply relates to poetry, seeks to find his own path in it and express himself creatively, as a poet. I followed his work in recent years. His poems attracted my attention with vivid imagery, verbal expressiveness, “faces with uncommon expression” ... Mikhail Zenkevich. 1971
... "Kyrgyz Hunt" ... These are not just good poems, but well written ones. We have any number of good poems written poorly. Sinelnikov is a strange poet. His manner, his poetic addictions are not the same as those of most of his peers ... Boris Slutsky. 1971
Proximity to perfection, or maybe perfection itself - this is the first and last impression of the verses of Mikhail Sinelnikov. In every art, as is already recognized, its own language is important. So in painting, painting itself is important, which cannot be replaced by anything else, plot, for example. Some poem is valuable in poems, or something - still not yet discovered by theory. Sinelnikov’s poems are poetic - this is their victorious quality, able to withstand those who are looking for non-poetic cravings and elements in verses. The element of Sinelnikov’s verse is as if independent and as if independent of the author’s power. In addition to this advantage, we mention and confine ourselves to another unique quality of the book - its involvement in what is called culture in the highest sense of the word. I am convinced that it will be a direct duty for our publishing house to publish these verses, which are so vividly and peculiarly imbued with Georgia and Georgian culture, and which, with the exception of translations, for the most part and without any poetry as such, have not yet seen the light of day. Thus, Georgia will belong in this case, the honor of the first discovery. I ask for this review of Mikhail Sinelnikov’s book as a statement in which, if the publisher deems it necessary, I express my readiness to be its external editor, although, strictly speaking, this book does not need to be edited. The only thing that is required is not only to keep the manuscript in full, but also to supplement it with poems and translations, for some reason not included in it, of course, with the consent of the author. Alexander Tsybulevsky. Feedback on the manuscript of the book of poems and translations by Mikhail Sinelnikov “Argonautics” for the publishing house “Merani”. 1974
Personality and culture, nature and history in his poems are not blocked off by fences, merged together in the strong and clear sound of Russian speech, they with new convincing evidence that every true poet is a phenomenon not only of personality, but also of history. For the first time, Mikhail Sinelnikov’s poems were sounded from the pages of Moscow magazines about ten years ago and, together with the sudden breath of genuine poetry, brought with them the breath of the East, the breath of the Kyrgyz land in the Russian word. It was really a pure and strong sound of Russian speech, immediately heard by those who love, feel and recognize poetry. It is impossible to pass your youth. But the period, which is commonly called becoming, sometimes remains a secret of the poet. M. Sinelnikov came to literature as a mature master. Meanwhile, in his verses the preliminary design is not tangible. Thus, the word “skill”, which applies itself to quotation marks in relation to poetry, in this case gets rid of quotation marks. Mikhail Sinelnikov is a spontaneous master. The element of his work is serious and thoughtful. He does not impose his moods on eternity, does not leave the realistic soil, he can discern the corners of time sticking out of objective nature and the public environment. His poems are marked by a noble taste and keen awareness of reality. Thoughts in them are born from spiritual experience, they are warmed by the gift of spirit and word, the intensity of moral life. Alexander Mezhirov. From the preface to the collection “Kyrgyz Rhapsody”. 1979 year
His poetic fate is difficult. But even the ancients understood that the beautiful is difficult. The literary era of either the salon or the pagan metaphysics of the Okhotny Ryad, rampant mannerism, second-hand weak-willed Anjanbemans, risky long lines provoking frank verbosity, destroying the instinct of laconicism (if any), turning poetry into a public lesson; for poets such as Mikhail Sinelnikov, who maintain archaic fidelity to classical Russian verse, is especially hard. If he refused, for example, punctuation, his fame would increase a hundredfold. But he is not looking for fame either. But, as Vladislav Khodasevich said, his poetry does not need to "break through the unnecessary thicket of external simplicity, this eternal companion of everything that is not made from first-class material." Alexander Mezhirov. New York magazine Slovo. 1994
Translator of Georgian, Persian and Tajik poetry  .
- Selected works: in 2 volumes. - M.: Natalis, 2006. (Beyond the weather, poems. Poems Millennium Circle. Translations)
- Ala-kiyiz: Kyrgyz book. - M., Natalis, 2006.
- Sinelnikov M. I. Argonautics: Poems: Per. of cargo. poets. - Tbilisi: Merani, 1980 .-- 301 p. - (Cycles: Airship; Four winds; Dionysus: Trans. From cargo. Poets). - 10,000 copies.
- Friend / Prietenul. - Bucuresti: Editora Fundatiei “Paul Solid”, 2006. (Bilingual in Russian and Romanian)
- Sinelnikov M. I. Kyrgyz hunting: Poems, trans. from kyrgyz. poetry. - Frunze: Kyrgyzstan, 1988 .-- 143 p. - (Contents: Cycles: Kyrgyz Rhapsody; Mirror on the table; Echo of Kyrgyzstan; In winter India). - 1000 copies. - ISBN 5-655-00148-9 .
- Sinelnikov M. I. Kyrgyz Rhapsody: [Poems]. - Frunze: Kyrgyzstan, 1979.- 82 p. - (Sections: Poems about Kyrgyzstan. Oriental motifs; Translations from Kyrgyz poetry). - 2000 copies.
- Lapis Lazuli: Book of Islamic Poems. - N. Novgorod: Publishing House Medina, 2008.
- Unfamiliar voice: Poems. - St. Petersburg: Limbus Press, 1999.
- Sinelnikov M.I. Invisible blessing: Islamic East in Russian poetry. - N. Novgorod; M., 2008.
- Sinelnikov M.I. Clouds and birds: Poems. - M .: Sov. writer, 1976. - 80 p. - 10,000 copies.
- Sinelnikov M.I. Chip: Poems. - M .: Journal. poetry "Arion": CJSC "RIC Rusanova", 1997. - 158 p. - (“Voices”: Prince Ser. Journal of “Arion”. Contents: Poems; Section: Ode to the Destruction of Babylon). - 700 copies. - ISBN 5-87414-178-6 .
- Sinelnikov M.I. Fire signs: selected translations from Persian-Tajik classics and Tajik poets of modern times, poems about Iran and Tajikistan, notes from different years. - M .: Isolg, 2011 .-- 319 p. - 3000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9902121-5-2 .
- Sinelnikov M. I. Under the canopy of cedar: Sobr. poems. - M .; St. Petersburg: Summer Garden, 2004 .-- 767 p. - (Cont.: Sections: Five books; Various poems; From a desk drawer). - 2000 copies. - ISBN 5-97381-117-6 .
- Fifty poems. 1968-2000. - M., LIA R. Elinina, 2002.
- Sinelnikov M. I. Colorful Tower: Transfers from Osset. poetry. Poems. - Ordzhonikidze: Ir, 1987 .-- 254 p. - 1000 copies.
- With Jeverny cjaj Niksic, 1988. (Translation into Serbian in Montenegro)
- Sinelnikov M.I.Sacred evening: verses about India, 1982-2006. - M .: Natalis, 2006 .-- 137 p. - (Contents: Cycles: From the book “Silkworm Dream” (1990); From the book “Cold Key” (1986); From the book “Chip” (1997); From the book “Unknown Voice” (1999); In Running years; From the book "Silk" (2002); In the Himalayas (2002); From the book "Scorpio" (2003); From the book "Under the Canopy of a Cedar" (2004)). - 1000 copies. - ISBN 5-8062-0220-8 .
- Scorpio: Poems. - M.: Resurrection, 2003.
- Sinelnikov M.I. Sleep of a silkworm: Elect. poems, 1968-1989. - M .: Book, 1990 .-- 124 p. - 5,000 copies. - ISBN 5-212-00589-2 .
- One hundred poems. - M .: Progress-Pleiades, 2011.
- Sinelnikov M.I. Millennium Circle: Selected Works, Translations. - M. , 2006 .-- 462 p. - (Contents: Section: From Sanskrit anthology; From Farsi; From Georgian; From Armenian; From Ossetian; From Abkhaz; From Karachay-Balkar; From Ingush; From Chechen; From Azerbaijani [and others])). - 1000 copies. - ISBN 5-8062-0227-5 .
- Sinelnikov M.I. Cold Key: Poems. - M .: Sov. writer, 1986. - 157 p. - (Contents: Cycles: Under the Northern Lights; Turkic Night; Seven Colors; In Winter India). - 10,000 copies.
- Silk: Poems. 1999-2002. - M .; St. Petersburg: Summer Garden, 2002.
- Abashidze I.V. Forever First: From the lyrics of recent years / Author. per. with cargo. M. Sinelnikova. - M .: True, 1987. - 30 p. - (B-ka "Spark", ISSN 0132-2095; No. 41). - 80,000 copies.
- Eastern poetry: Selected translations. - Rostov-n / D: Phoenix, 2011.
- Kanoat M. Cradle of Avicenna: Poem / Per. with taj. M. Sinelnikova. - Dushanbe: Irfon, 1983 .-- 116 p. - 10,000 copies.
- Mamytov J. The Tale of the Brave Chiltene; Tale-poem: [For Wednesdays. and Art. school age] / Per. with kirg. M. Sinelnikova. - Frunze: Mektep, 1981. - 44 p. - 8000 copies.
- Mamsurov T.O. Ossetian songs: Poems on Ossetians. and Russian. lang / Transl. from Ossetians. M. Sinelnikova. - Ordzhonikidze, 1985.
- Nishniadze S. Heel and shield of Achilles: Poem / Per. with cargo. M. Sinelnikova. - Tbilisi: Merani, 1975 .-- 120 p. - 15,000 copies.
- Sinelnikov M. I. My Alykul: Poems, poems [A. Osmonova] / Per. with kirg. - Frunze: Adabiat, 1990 .-- 111 p. - (Contents: Poems; Poems: Tolubay - a connoisseur of horses; Characters; Jenishbek; Karagul). - 3000 copies. - ISBN 5-660-00276-5 .
- Fayzullo H. Pain: Poems, poems / Per. with taj. M. Sinelnikov. - M .: Sov. writer, 1990 .-- 107 p. - (Contents: Poems; Poems: Voices of Khatyn; Poem of the Way). - 9,200 copies. - ISBN 5-265-01385-7 .
- Khakani. Wind in the hand: [Poems] / Transl. with pers. M. Sinelnikova; [Interlocutor Per., foreword, glossary and note. M.-N. Osmanova]. - M .: Nauka, 1986 .-- 237 p. - 50,000 copies.
- Khakani . Palaces Madina / Translation from Farsi. - M .: Natalis, 2004.
- Charkviani D. Great Light: Poems / Per. with cargo. M. Sinelnikova. - M .: Sov. writer, 1975 .-- 87 p. - 7000 copies.
- Compiled by
- Middle city, heart city: Moscow in Russian poetry: [anthology] / Comp., Foreword, comment: M. I. Sinelnikov. - SPb .; M.: LIMBUS Press: Publishing House K. Dublin, 2009 .-- 964 p. - 3000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-8370-0601-2 .
- The land of gold garnet: Turkmenistan in Russian poetry, prose and painting. - M., 2011.
- Cimmerian Sibyl: Poems of Russian poets about Koktebel. - M.: Pedagogy, 1991.
- Lotus in the air: India in the verses of Russian poets / Comp. M.I.Sinelnikov. - M .: Klyuch-S, 2009 .-- 285 p. - 500 copies. - ISBN 978-5-93136-098-0 .
- The Invisible Blessing: Islamic East in Russian Poetry / Comp. M.I.Sinelnikov. - N. Novgorod; M .: Medicine: Natalis, 2008 .-- 423 p. - 3000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-9756-0036-3 . ISBN 978-5-8062-0288-9
- Omar Khayyam . Rubyayat. - M .: EKSMO, 2005.
- Persian Classical Poetry / Comp., Ed. foreword and comment. M.I.Sinelnikov. - M .: Eksmo, 2006 .-- 478 p. - (Contents: Authors: Rudaki; Shahid Balkhi; Abulhasan Kisai; Firdousi; Unsuri; Abu Ali Ibn Sina; Farrukhi; Manuchehri; Katran Tabrizi; Baba Tahir [et al.]). - 4100 copies. - ISBN 5-699-15599-6 .
- Persian classical poetry: [anthological collection; translations] / Comp. M.I.Sinelnikov. - M. , 2007.
- Persian love lyrics / Comp. M.I.Sinelnikov. - M .: Eksmo, 2008 .-- 253 p. - (Contents: Authors: Rudaki, Dakiki, Unsuri, Farrukh, Manuchehri, Baba Tahir, Katran Tabrizi, Masudi Sa'di Salman, Muizzy [et al.]). - 4000 copies. - ISBN 978-5-699-22313-8 .
- Poetry - Water of the desert. With love from Russia. Caravans go through the years. Turkmen poetry of the 20th century. Caravans go through the ages. Turkmen poetry XIX - XVII centuries. From the depths of time. Dastans, songs / Comp .: M. Sinelnikov, I. Shklyarevsky, E. Rein, B. Romanov. - M., 2006.
- Russian nanny. - M.: Independent Publishing House "Peak", 2004.
- St. Petersburg - Petrograd - Leningrad in Russian poetry: Anthology. - St. Petersburg: Limbus Press, 1999.
- Date with Tbilisi: Poems Rus. poets / Comp. M. Sinelnikov, M. Potskishishvili. - Tbilisi: Merani, 1980 .-- 150 p. - (Author: A. Pushkin, V. Kuchelbecker, M. Lermontov, Y. Polonsky, S. Nadson, K. Balmont, I. Bunin, V. Bryusov, V. Mayakovsky, S. Yesenin and others.). - 3000 copies.
- Legends of the Golden Tribute to the Millennium of Kazan / Comp .: M. Sinelnikov, I. Shklyarevsky; Foreword by V.V. Putin. - M .; Kazan, 2005.
- Tagore R. Did the old name dispel the wind ... - M .: EKSMO, 2011.
- Charents E. Trampled the firmament, created the firmament: Poems and poems. - M., 2009.
- I am not eternal, and you are forever: Russian poets about Azerbaijan. Poets of Azerbaijan in the Russian word / Comp .: M. Sinelnikov, I. Shklyarevsky. - Baku: Azerneshr, 2006.
Awards and recognition
- Friendship of Peoples magazine award (1973)
- Banner Fund Prize (1997)
- Certificate of Honor of the President of Kyrgyzstan (2006)  
- Literary Bunin Prize (2010)
- Laureate of the “ Children of Ra ” magazine ( 2015 )
- Moscow celebrated the 60th anniversary of M. Sinelnikov, translator of the classics of Persian-Tajik literature (inaccessible link)
- "M. I. Sinelnikov zhөnүndө »Kyrgyz Republic the son of the President 2006-zhyldyn October 27ndndagi No. 515 Zharlygy (unavailable link)
- For merits in the development of Kyrgyz-Russian cooperation in the field of culture and art, award Sinelnikov Mikhail Isaakovich with the Certificate of Honor of the Kyrgyz Republic (inaccessible link)