Feras , Fer  , Ter ( dr. Greek. Θήρας ) - a character in ancient Greek mythology.
The clan of Feras went back to Cadmus . The son of Authesion , grandson of Tisamena , uncle of the mother of Eurysthenes and Proclus . According to Herodotus , the king of Sparta as the guardian of young nephews  , but was not included in the royal lists. He founded the temple of Athena in Sparta  . He brought a Lacedaemon colony to on the island of Tire , where he was sacrificed annually as the founding hero  . 's father  . At the head of the Lacedaemonians and Minis , expelled by the Pelasgians from Lemnos , he led them to the island of Feru (Kallista) a generation earlier than Ionian colonization  .
- Theras // The Real Dictionary of Classical Antiquities / ed. F. Lubker ; Edited by members of the Society of Classical Philology and Pedagogy F. Gelbke , L. Georgievsky , F. Zelinsky , V. Kansky , M. Kutorgi and P. Nikitin . - SPb. , 1885. - S. 1377.
- Herodotus . The story . IV, 147-149
- Pausanias . Description of Hellas. III, 15, 6
- Pausanias . Description of Hellas. III, 1, 7-8; Strabo Geography . VIII, 3, 19
- Pausanias . Description of Hellas. III, 15, 8
- Pausanias . Description of Hellas. VII, 2, 2; Apollonius of Rhodes . Argonautics . IV verse 1747