Telekom Srbija or Telekom Srbija , full name Preduzeće za telekomunikacije Telekom Srbija ad Beograd ( Serbian telecommunications company Telecom Serbia AO Belgrade )  - a Serbian telecommunications company offering services in the field of wired and wireless (mobile) telephone and Internet access on the territory of Serbia , Bosnia and Herzegovina , Montenegro and Austria . The headquarters is located in Belgrade. Tax Identification Number: 100002887  .
|Type of||Joint-Stock Company|
|Base||May 23, 1997|
|Location||Serbia : Belgrade|
|Key figures||Predrag Chulibrk ( CEO )|
|Industry||telecommunications ( ISIC :|
|Products||Wired telephone , mobile communications , Internet access , IT services, IPTV|
|Turnover||▼ € 985.66 million (2016) |
|Net profit||▲ € 121.08 million (2016) |
|Assets||▼ € 2,117 billion (2016) |
|Capitalization||▼ € 1,362 billion (2016) |
|Number of employees||12401 (2016)|
- 1 History
- 2 Owners
- 3 Services Offered
- 3.1 Telephone
- 3.2 Internet
- 3.3 television
- 4 Service Areas
- 4.1 Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 4.2 Montenegro
- 5 Gallery
- 6 notes
- 7 References
The company was established in 1997 as the Telecom Srbiјa joint-stock company after the restructuring of the Serbia Post and its transformation into a holding. The company sold 49% of its share capital for DM 1.568 billion: at that time the owners of the company were PTT Traffic Serbia (51%), Telecom Italia (29%) and OTE (20%). In 2003, PTT acquired a stake in Telecom Italia and increased its stake to 80%. Since 2007, Telecom Srbiјa has been offering its services in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro  .
In 2012, the Greek telecom operator OTE abandoned its stake in Telecom Srbiјa and sold it for 380 million euros  . On May 3 of the same year, the Government of Serbia transferred a 6.94% stake to current and former Telecom Srbiјa employees, as well as a 14.95% stake to Serbian citizens  . On January 6, 2015, Telecom Srbiјa acquired a 55.8% stake in Dunav Bank and became the owner of a controlling stake  .
As of May 3, 2012, the owners of the company's shares were  :
- Government of Serbia (58.11%)
- Telekom Srbija ad (20%)
- Citizens of Serbia (14.95%)
- Former and current employees of Telekom Srbija ad (6.94%)
The mobile operator is mts (Mobilna Telefonija Srbije), founded in June 1997. The company offers a wide range of services to individuals and business customers, including 3G- communication services, presented at the end of 2006. Until 2010, Telecom Srbiјa had a monopoly on services and fixed telephony, until Telenor Serbia became the second operator of such communications  . According to 2013 data, the country had 3,031,779 subscribers, the digitization rate of dedicated telephone communications was 99.69%  .
Telekom Srbija phone numbers on the GSM network start with the numbers 064 (international: +381 64), 065 (international +381 65) and 066 (international +381 66).
Internet access is provided by foreign providers: C & W-USA and SEA-BONE-Italy. The company itself founded the information portal Mondo.rs , which provides news about politics, business, culture, sports and interviews from Serbia and from around the world.
Telecom Srbiјa owns cable television channels Arena Sport 1, 2, 3, and 4 - it is a network of sports television channels broadcasting in almost all the Yugoslav republics except Slovenia  .
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The company owns a controlling stake (65%) in the sister company Telecom Srpsk , operating mainly in Bosnia and Herzegovina and, in particular, in Republika Srpska . The stake was acquired for 646 million euros in 2006, which exceeded the scope of the transaction with Telekom Austria at 467 million euros. Also, Telecom Srbiјa provides the display of cable television channels Arena Sport 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Telecom Srbiјa began operations in the country on July 16, 2007 after acquiring a license from a third mobile operator as part of a consortium with Ogalar BV. The consortium demanded 16 million euros for the license. The name of the subsidiary is m: tel , 51% of its shares are owned by Telecom Srbiјa. It also provides cable television channels Arena Sport 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- CONSOLIDATED BILANCE OF SUCCESS (2016) - Telekom Srbija ad (Serb.) . apr.gov.rs. Date of treatment January 27, 2018. (unavailable link)
- CONSOLIDATION OF BILANS STAЊA (2016) - Telekom Srbija ad (Serb.) . apr.gov.rs. Date of treatment January 27, 2018. (unavailable link)
- Serbian Chamber of Commerce Archived on May 27, 2009.
- Mainly donate for harmless drushtvu (neopr.) . apr.gov.rs. Serbian Business Registers Agency. Date of appeal February 28, 2018. (unavailable link)
- About us - History (inaccessible link) . Telekom Srbija. Date of treatment April 17, 2013. Archived on September 6, 2014.
- Telekom Serbia in state's ownership (unavailable link) . Date of treatment April 14, 2018. Archived on September 18, 2012.
- RTS: Free shares of Telekom
- Telekom Srbija becomes Dunav Banka majority shareholder , telecompaper.com . Date of treatment March 20, 2015.
- Share capital structure (inaccessible link) . Telekom Srbija. Date of treatment April 17, 2013. Archived July 1, 2015.
- Telenor gets Serbia's fixed phone license , WirelessWeek (January 22, 2010). Date of treatment April 2, 2014.
- Problemi u prenosivosti brojeva u fiksnoj telefoniji (Serbian)
- Telekom: Za Arena Sport 7.7 mil. € (Serbian), B92 (August 26, 2011).