Eurotus , Eurotus ( dr. Greek Εὐρώτας ) - a character of ancient Greek mythology, personification of the river on which Sparta stood. The son of Leleg and the naiads of Cleocharia  , or the son of Miletus , the grandson of Leleg .
He diverted water from the plain into the sea, which swamped it. A river flow appeared, called Eurotus  . Father of Mekionika and Pitana. The statue of Eurotus was created by Euthychidus   , the epigram of Philip of Thessalonica is dedicated to her (AP IX 709)  .
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library III 10, 3
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas III 1, 1
- Pliny the Elder. Natural History XXXIV 78
- Euthychid // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : in 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- Notes by G. A. Taronyan in the book. Pliny the Elder. About art. M., 1994. P.374