Lacedaemon ( Dr. Greek Λᾰκεδαίμων ) is a character in ancient Greek mythology . The son of Zeus and the Pleiades of Taiget  . By his name the country is named Lacedaemon . Sparta's wife, children Amikl and Eurydice  . He built a city and named it Sparta  . Sanctuary to him in the town of Alesia  . He established veneration for Harit , assuming that there are two of them: Clet and Faenna  .
|Brothers and sisters|
|Children||, , and|
- Gigin. Myths 155; Nonn. Acts of Dionysus XXXII 65
- Pseudo-Apollodorus. Mythological library III 10, 3
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas III 1, 2
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas III 20, 2
- Pausanias. Description of Hellas IX 35, 1