The Pyatnitsky Gate Tower is one of the towers of the Tula Kremlin , built in 1514-1520. Located in the northwest wall of the Kremlin.
|Pyatnitsky Gate Tower|
|Year of construction||XVI century|
|Tower base shape||Square|
|Number of faces|
|Object of cultural heritage of Russia|
Object No. 7110014009 (Wikigid database)
The tower got its name because of the nearby Paraskeva Friday Church .  On the back of the tower, under the edges of the arch, there are two openings, behind which there are small vaulted chambers. In these 16th century chambers kept muskets , carbines , armor , bullets and banners . The scribe books say that on June 7, 1568, during a fire in Tula, the “treasury with potion”, which was located at Pyatnitsky Gates, exploded, and probably severely damaged the tower. This is confirmed by the absence on the tower of white stone details that are inherent in all other towers of the Kremlin. 
In the XVI-XVII centuries, the main entrance gate of the Kremlin was located in this tower. Russian monarchs, primates of the Russian Orthodox Church, ambassadors of foreign powers, and other eminent guests entered through Pyatnitsky Gates. At the end of the 18th century, the Znamenskaya Chapel was added from the outside, so the tower itself was called in those days the Znamenskaya Chapel.
- Rassadnev S. A. "Walking in the streets of Tula (Conversations of the local historian)." Ed. 2nd. Tula: Peresvet Publishing House, 2003.
- Tula: Monuments of history and culture: Guide / General edition of the doctor histor. sciences, prof. V. N. Ashurkova ; Artist A. S. Makarov. - Ed. 2nd, rev. and add. - Tula: Prioksky Book Publishing House , 1973. - 208 p. - 50,000 copies.