Newrka González Núñez ( Spanish: Niurka González Nuñez ; born March 21, 1977 , Havana ) is a Cuban flutist (also plays the clarinet ). The wife of the poet and singer Silvio Rodriguez .
|Newrka Gonzalez Nunez|
Niurka González Nuñez
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1977 (42 years old)|
|Place of Birth||Cuba , Havana|
She graduated from the Higher Institute of Art, then studied at the Paris Conservatory with Sophie Cherier . Laureate of national competitions, participant of the Fifth World Congress of Flutists in England ( 2006 ).
According to musicologist Juan Pinhera, Newrca Gonzalez
follows the fine tradition of the Cuban flute, renowned for such eminent masters as Roberto Ondina , whom Erich Kleiber admired. At the same time, she belongs to the followers of those island musicians who, as early as the 19th century, went to study in Paris and returned from there with awards, such as Jose White or Ignacio Cervantes  .
Awards and prizes
- 1997 - First prize of the Paris Higher National Conservatory of Music and Dance 
- 2003 - “Best Opera Prima” (Cubadisco Competition) for the Flauta Virtuosa album 
- Flauta virtuosa
- Juan Piñera. Niurka González: virtuosa Archival copy dated January 12, 2008 on the Wayback Machine // Cuban National Radio website. (isp.)
- "Two concerts in Havana during the Casa Awards" Archival copy of March 7, 2009 on the Wayback Machine January 17, 2008 (English)
- Archived copy (inaccessible link) . Date of treatment February 24, 2009. Archived January 17, 2009.