“ International Socialist Left ”, MSL ( German: Die internationale sozialistische linke , isl ) is a Trotskyist political organization in Germany, one of the two sections of the Fourth International .
|International Socialist Left|
|Die internationale sozialistische linke|
|Headquarters||Cologne , Germany|
|Ideology||Marxism , Trotskyism|
|Allies and Blocks||Left , Revolutionary Socialist League|
|Party print||Sozialistische Zeitung|
General principles and activities
The international socialist left is one of two organizations that formed from the members of the Fourth International in the United Socialist Party (UCP). MSL consider themselves Trotskyists. Together with the Revolutionary Socialist League (RSL) they form the German part of the Fourth International. The headquarters is in Cologne  .
The organization was founded in 2001. Continuity with previous organizations - MMG and ICG - is also symbolized by the figure of Jacob Coins . According to the data of the Federal Service for the Protection of the Constitution, the MSL is considered as a left-extremist organization, in which there are about 60 people active in 15 cities and regions  . They stand in the position of "non-dogmatic open Marxism."
Work in the Left Party
Individual MSL functionaries actively collaborated with the Labor and Social Justice - Electoral Alternative Party (VASG) and the anti-globalist movement. After the merger of the VASG and the Left Party / PDS into the Left , the members of the MSL cooperate with it. In 2006, the MSL initiated the signing of the Anti-capitalist Left Manifesto, around which the “ Anti-capitalist Left ” movement was formed within the Left. Member of the MSL Thies Glaiss is the coordinator of the “Anti-capitalist Left” and until 2010 was a member of the board of the “Left”   . Since 2010, Wolfgang Zimmermann , member of the MSL, member of the Landtag of the North Rhine-Westphalia , has been on the party’s board of directors.
MSL do not publish their own newspaper, but participate in the publication and distribution of the Sozialistische Zeitung newspaper, which is published monthly. Together with the RSL, they publish the German-language magazine of the Fourth International, Inprekorr .
- Contacts with MSL (German)
- List of reports on the protection of the constitution 2002-2006 (German)
- E. Kazakov. German Trotskyists and the creation of the Left Party Archival copy of August 28, 2008 on the Wayback Machine (Russian)
- Website of the "International Socialist Left" (German)
- Column T. Gleiss on the website of the magazine “International Viewpoint”
- Website of the newspaper Sozialistischen Zeitung (German)
- Inprekorr Magazine Website (German)
- T. Gliss. Germany: “Left” a year later (inaccessible link) (Russian)
- E. Kazakov. German Trotskyists and the creation of the Left Party (inaccessible link) (Russian)