Professor Lebedinsky (real name Aleksey Igorevich Lebedinsky , born May 28, 1968 , Leningrad ) is a Soviet and Russian singer , composer , photo artist  , artist , advertising figure  . He became widely known in the mid-1990s in Russia and many post-Soviet countries due to the songs he sang with an unusually hoarse timbre of voice  , among them - “I Will Kill You, Boatman”  , “Daughter”, “There Away , by the subway ”  ,“ I dance drunk on the table! ”and“ Komariki ”(with the group“ Beetles ”).
|Birth name||Alexey Igorevich Lebedinsky|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth||Leningrad , RSFSR , USSR|
artist , photographer , composer , poet , advertiser , performer , singer , keyboard player , TV presenter , parodist , comedian
|Collectives||“Collected Works”, “Twins”|
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Emigration
- 1.2 Personal life
- 2 Activities as a photographer
- 3 Advertising
- 4 Discography
- 5 Filmography
- 6 See also
- 7 notes
- 8 References
He started playing the piano from 3 years old, composing music - from 5 years old. From 4 to 6 years old he studied in the preparatory group of the music school at the Leningrad Conservatory. After school, he entered the Leningrad Electrotechnical Institute (LETI)  .
In 1983 he graduated from the city music school No. 32 in piano with a teacher Elena Evgenievna Khinits. He performed in the Great Hall of the Leningrad Philharmonic as the best graduate of the music schools of the USSR, where he was heard by Svyatoslav Richter . At the insistence of Richter, he continued to study with Eliso Konstantinovna Virsaladze , but did not want to make a career as a classical pianist .
In 1985, on the recommendation of Boris Borisovich Grebenshchikov, he recorded the first material at the studio of Andrei Tropillo , conducts school discos.
In 1986-1988 he served in the army ( Estonia , Tartu ). He played the trumpet in the orchestra, did orchestrations and arrangements for various musical compositions - a brass band, a pop band, an ensemble of folk instruments.
In 1989 he played in the Collected Works group, then by Maxim Leonidov on keyboards. He worked with Mikhail Boyarsky .
In 1990, he created the Gemini group, which won first place in the Prize Clip contest and represented St. Petersburg at the 1992 White Nights Festival in Venice.
Since 1991, he worked at the studio of the Union of Composers as an arranger. Since 1992 - music editor on the Fifth television channel in the program of Kirill Nabutov " Adam's apple "  . Recorded audio tracks of TV screens and commercials  , cartoons. At home studio he writes his songs and instrumental music.
In 1995, after the release of the songs “I will kill you, boatman”, “I will not tell anyone”, “Teach at school” and the album “Come on-come on” with the Russian size band with ironic cover versions of famous hits, Professor Lebedinsky quickly It is gaining popularity in Russia and neighboring countries and conquers the heights of the charts of radio stations  .
The pseudonym “Professor Lebedinsky” arose as follows: at one time, when calling a taxi , Alexei used to introduce himself for solidity as “Professor Lebedinsky” - with the aim that they would come to him faster  . So the nickname “ professor ” was firmly attached to Alexei, which later became a stage name  .
In the spring of 1997, the debut solo album “Hello Goodbye” was released. Thanks to the success of the album, Aleksey completely switches to his own work.
In 1998 - the release of the album “Laugh or Cry” with the popular author’s songs “Daughter” and “There Away, Near the Subway”, “That's All Love”. Video clips for the songs “Doche” and “There Away, Near the Subway” are broadcast on TV channels.
In 1999, a video was released on television for the song “Dubak-January” with the participation of Roman Trakhtenberg , and a video for the parody “Tired Toys Sleeping,” also with the participation of Trakhtenberg.
In the fall of 1999, the album "Dances-Shmantsy, Knysh and currant" was released with the popular remakes of "Yellow Leaves", "Besame Mucho" and "Lashate mi Kantare".
In 2004, the song “Droplets” was released - a parody of the song “Watch” by Viktor Drobysh . The artist’s friends, actors of the Lyceum Theater, take part in the video. The clip wins in the MTV program “ 12 Evil Spectators ”, but for unknown reasons does not appear on the air anymore.
In the fall of 2004, together with the group “ Russian Size ” and Dmitry Nagiyev, he recorded the parody song “I Am Her Hoy” (to the tune of the song “ Dragostea din tei ” by the Moldavian pop music group “ O-Zone ”)  . This parody (the common name is “I dance drunk on the table”) for 7-12 months occupied the first lines of the charts on the radio. There are collections and albums with the best songs, complemented by new songs.
In 2004-2005, he recorded screensavers for the musical design of Dynamite FM radio station .
At the end of 2005, Lebedinsky, together with Natasha Vlasova, recorded the New Year's parody “The Christmas Tree, Burn!” And shot a clip on it.
In 2005, he celebrated the 10th anniversary of musical activity under the pseudonym “Professor Lebedinsky” in the concert hall “October” in his native St. Petersburg  .
In September 2007  the release of Professor Lebedinsky’s album “Hello Again”  took place . The song “Vovkina Now”, after 5 days on the air, gets into the top ten radio “Chanson” and the constant rotation of “Road Radio” and is called by critics of one of the best author’s songs Lebedinsky. In the same 2007, Alexei Lebedinsky, on an invited basis, was the host of the television program Vremechko on the TV Center TV channel  .
In 2013, after a long break, a new lyric song, “If Not Love,” was released, a clip for it was broadcast on music television channels.
Professor Lebedinsky is one of the critics of the policies of Russian President Vladimir Putin and the current Russian government   . In May 2014  left Russia and moved to the United States for political reasons  . This news became widespread only in November of the same year. Before leaving, the last years of his life in Russia, Lebedinsky lived in the city of Odintsovo ( Moscow region )  .
Lebedinsky spoke about his departure to Miami  in an interview: “ I made another decision, very difficult for me, and now I will not come to Russia. I just left from there, and maybe I won’t come to Russia until this chaos ends ... ”  .
In 2015, the song “Vatniki” was released on the theme of “Russian propaganda”   . The video for the song, which is popular on YouTube , contains footage from well-known Russian television programs, and in the lyrics the author tells the listener who the “quilted jackets" are  .
In the summer of 2017, he was in Kiev ( Ukraine )  .
In March 2018, he released the “pre-election” clip “Fucked is Me,” shot in Kiev  .
In April 2019, he said that Russia should ask for forgiveness from Ukraine, “bow to its feet” and pay it money. He announced his desire to move to live in Ukraine  .
He was married to Svetlana, the daughter of actress Svetlana Smirnova . In marriage, a daughter Veronica was born   .
Activity as a photographer
Professionally engaged in photography, Alexei Lebedinsky began in 2000. Alexei began to display his first photographs on the well-known Internet resource, where professional photographers gather. Russian photojournalist Sergei Maksimishin defined his style as a minimalist genre. On the recommendation of Maximishin, Alexei began to collaborate with the Izvestia newspaper  . Already in September 2002, the first personal photo exhibition “Focus of Professor Lebedinsky” opened in the Izvestia media center.
In the same 2002, the cover of Chris de Burg ’s album “Timing is Everything” was decorated with a photograph of Alexei Lebedinsky. From the same year, Professor Lebedinsky displayed his photographs on a personal website on the Internet  .
Without leaving musical touring activities, since 2002, Alexey has been constantly published in newspapers and magazines, makes custom portrait, genre and advertising shootings. Aleksei is simultaneously involved in shooting Russian and world stars: Steve Howe ( Yes ), The Tiger Lillies , Sting , Brian Adams , Phil Collins , Cesaria Evora , Avishai Cohen , Jeremy Irons , Dennis Hopper , Kenny Garrett , Shain Novrasli , Sergey Ignashevich , Leonid Agutin , Angelica Varum , Vadim Kazachenko , Vladimir Kuzmin , Ilya Lagutenko , Andrei Makarevich , and many others.
In 2005, Moscow presented the output of copyrighted ads for Porsche cars , a calendar for Lukoil- Neva, and the first author’s photo book, Photo Album No. 1. [thirty]
In 2007, Canon introduced Lebedinsky at the Photoforum 2007 exhibition. [thirty]
In 2009, a solo exhibition of photographs by Alexei "Professor" Lebedinsky "Frame-by-frame: Indochina" was held at the Mosfilm Gallery. The gallery represented only part of a large project in which Lebedinsky photographed explores Vietnam, Cambodia and the capital of Thailand, Bangkok. [thirty]
In 2012, with the support of Nikon , ProLab, RusHydro and the Mosfilm film concern, a personal exhibition-exhibition of portraits and interior photographs by Aleksey “Professor” Lebedinsky “Shorthand Records” was held.
In November 2014, an exhibition of unusual photographs by Professor Lebedinsky entitled “My Petersburg” was held in St. Petersburg  .
Since 1991, A. Lebedinsky created and voiced hundreds of promotional audio and video clips, intros for television and radio. In 2005, the author’s advertising and calendars were removed for the companies Porsche and Lukoil  .
In 2009–2011 he was, at the request of the president of Rosneft , the adviser to the advertising and PR company  . He independently shot some promotional materials for the company  .
In 2011-2014, he worked as an independent consultant on advertising projects and PR  .
- 1996 - "Come on! Come on!"
- 1997 - “Halloween Goodbye”
- 1998 - "Laugh or Cry"
- 1999 - Dances-Shmantsy, Knysh and Currant
- 2005 - “New and Better”
- 2007 - Hello Again
- 2013 - Lyrics ( vinyl )
- 1998 - Streets of Broken Lights , Series Case No. 1999 - Cameo
- 1998 - Bobac Saskerville
- 1999 - Thin thing - Sergey
- Drinking panties
- Red mold
- Diskoteka Avaria
- Cotky Patsa
- Sergey Minaev
- The tragedy of the family of Professor Lebedinsky . Interlocutor (November 13, 2012).
- Professor Lebedinsky left Russia . Colta.ru (December 10, 2014).
- Professor Lebedinsky - “I will kill you, boatman!” . Channel Five (May 28, 2014).
- Natalia Kostrova. The history of pop music from Vetlitskaya to Yolka: 1991-2011. Professor Lebedinsky “I will kill you, boatman” (1996) . www.afisha.ru (December 28, 2011). Date of treatment March 6, 2016.
- Professor Lebedinsky left for the USA and will return to Russia only after the change of power
- Lebedinsky Professor . Radio Chanson .
- Professor Lebedinsky: “Our life is laughter through tears” . Radio Chanson (September 24, 2013).
- TV FACT. Dmitry Nagiev spud Romanian rap . Evening Moscow (2004).
- Confession of Professor Lebedinsky . Radio Liberty (December 9, 2014).
- Professor Lebedinsky - “Hello again!” . Radio Chanson (September 21, 2007).
- Professor Lebedinsky - “Hello again” . NewsMuz (December 30, 2007).
- Timeline . Russian Railways (August 21, 2007).
- Professor Lebedinsky: "No one wants to fight, except for those who sit in the Kremlin" . Crimea. Realities (October 22, 2015).
- Alexei Lebedinsky: you and I have a common enemy - this is Putin and his gang . Browser (July 16, 2015).
- Professor Lebedinsky: “Kadyrov is the only person who is really dangerous for Putin” . Facts and Comments (August 18, 2017).
- Professor Lebedinsky left Russia // Lenta.ru, 12/10/2014
- Professor Lebedinsky broke up with Odintsovo without regret , Odintsovo (July 19, 2015).
- "I'll be back when the power changes." Professor Lebedinsky fled to the USA. “I do not want to live under threats” . Ura.ru (December 10, 2014).
- Professor Lebedinsky left Russia. “My country does not need me” . Medialix (December 10, 2014).
- Professor Lebedinsky about the “padded coats” . Radio Liberty (October 21, 2015).
- Alexei Lebedinsky: “I am categorically against the forgetting of these vivid examples of moral ugliness” . Walk the field (July 24, 2016).
- "These are quilted jackets": Professor Lebedinsky - about a song that exploded on YouTube . Interlocutor (October 22, 2015).
- "I came to life. Thank you, Ukraine": Professor Lebedinsky enthusiastically responded to Kiev . RBC Ukraine (July 16, 2017).
- “Pi * dec is a whole country”: Lebedinsky dedicated a new banter clip to Russia
- Singer Lebedinsky called on Russia to “bow” to Ukraine / RIA Novosti
- Professor Lebedinsky: "The people are used to mediocrity." Show business brought the singer to the hospital and depression . Moscow Komsomolets (November 27, 2014).
- Professor Lebedinsky: "One hundred percent freedom" . Children.ru
- Photographer Aleksey Lebedinsky . Union (February 1, 2013).
- "I will kill you, boatman ..." . Pravda.ru (December 18, 2002).
- Exhibition of photographs by Alexei Lebedinsky “Frame-by-frame: Indochina”
- An exhibition of unusual photographs of Professor Lebedinsky Opened in St. Petersburg . Metro (November 17, 2014).
- “STENOGRAMS” of Professor Lebedinsky . ProLab (November 19, 2012).
- Professor Lebedinsky left Russia // RBC
- Alexey Lushnikov . Musician Professor Lebedinsky and Alexei Lushnikov in the TV program "Special Look". Professor Lebedinsky: "Happiness lies in the hope that everything will be fine" . Your public tv! (LUSHNIKOV LIVE TV) (April 6, 2012).
- Natalya Kostrova. The history of pop music from Vetlitskaya to Yolka: 1991-2011. Professor Lebedinsky “I will kill you, boatman” (1996) . www.afisha.ru (December 28, 2011). Date of treatment March 6, 2016.
- Guru Ken . Professor Lebedinsky - “Hello again” . NEWSmuz.com (Business and Music Show News) (12/30/2007). Date of treatment March 6, 2016.