Imaduddin Abul-Fida Ismail ibn Ali , known as Abu-l-Fida ( Arabic. أبو الفداء ; 1273 , Damascus - October 27, 1331 , Hama ) - Arab historian and geographer from the Kurdish Ayyubid clan, emir Hama ( Syria ) in 1310 - 1331 years .
|Abu l Fida|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
|Occupation||, , ,|
His full name is al-Malik al-Muayyad Imaduddin Abul-Fida Ismail ibn (al-Afdal) Ali ibn (al-Muzaffar) Mahmoud ibn al-Mansur Muhammad ibn Taki ad-din Umar ibn Shahanshah ibn Ayyub. Born in 1273; early distinguished himself in campaigns against the crusaders . In 1310, he received from the Sultan an-Nasir Mohammed the Principality of Ham, which he first ruled as governor, and from 1312 until his death, as a full sultan .
Abul al-Fida left some remarkable works in Arabic, including chronicles brought up to 1328, of which Historia anteislamica was published in 1831 in the city of Leipzig by Fleischer; in general, with the exception of pre-Islamic history, they were published by Reisk under the title "Annales moslemici" (5 volumes, Copenhagen , 1789–94). The entire composition was printed in Constantinople in 1870. Although it mainly consists only of a compilation of past Arab historical studies, it nevertheless contains a very detailed overview of Muslim dynasties. The syllable of Abul al-Fida is completely simple and without any embellishment. The main work is A Brief History of the Human Race (Mukhtasar fi tarih al-Bashar), covering events from 1329 (a largely abridged account of Ibn al-Asir's work .
His other remarkable work is the geography of the " Ordering of the Countries " ("Takwîm al boldan" - "Takwim al-buldan"), a geography in the tables with the coordinates of the localities, published entirely by the Shire (Dresden, 1842), and according to another manuscript material, Reno and Guken de Slan ( Paris , 1837–40) and translated into French with explanations from Renault. He also wrote in legal subjects , mathematics , logic and medicine .
In his honor was named the crater of Abul al-Fida on the moon .
- Abulfedae Annales Moslemici Latinos ex arabicis fecit JJ Reiske, Lipsiae, 1754;
- Géographie d'Aboulféde. Trad. de l'arabe en français ... par M. Reinaud, t. 1-2, P., 1837-83;
- Kitab al-Mukhtasar fi ahbar al-Bashar, 1-4, Cairo, 1325 g. (1907).
- Krachkovsky I. Yu. , Selected Works, vol. 4, M. - L., 1957, p. 386-94.
- Abulfede // Brockhaus and Efron Encyclopedic Dictionary : in 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb. , 1890-1907.
- Abu l Fida. The book of streamlining countries . Eastern literature . Date of treatment February 18, 2011. Archived on August 25, 2011.
- Abu l Fida. Book of streamlining countries / Ancient and medieval sources on the ethnography and history of sub-Saharan Africa. T. 4. Arab sources of the XIII-XIV centuries. Eastern literature. 2002 . Eastern literature . Date of treatment February 18, 2011. Archived on August 27, 2011.