Mikhail Mikhailovich Yanshin ( October 20 [ November 2 ] 1902 , Yukhnov, Smolensk province - July 17, 1976, Moscow) - Soviet film and theater actor, theater director . People's Artist of the USSR ( 1955 ). Laureate of the USSR State Prize ( 1975 ). Laureate of the State Prize of the RSFSR named after K. S. Stanislavsky ( 1970 ).
|Birth name||Mikhail Mikhailovich Yanshin|
|Date of Birth|
|Place of Birth|
|Date of death|
|Place of death|
actor , theater director
|Years of activity||1928 - 1974|
|Theater||Moscow Art Theater , " Romen ", MDT named after K. S. Stanislavsky|
Mikhail Yanshin was born on October 20 ( November 2 ), 1902 in the city of Yukhnov , Yukhnovsky Uyezd (now Kaluga Region ), according to other sources - in Smolensk  , - in the family of a bank employee. M. M. Yanshin was an uncle to Academician A. L. Yanshin (1911-1999).
After graduating from the Olkhov city real school (1909-1916), he studied for three years at the Moscow secondary Komissarovsky technical school , and in 1919 he became a student at the Higher Technical School (now MVTU named after N. E. Bauman ). In 1919 he volunteered for the Red Army .
In 1922 he entered the school of the Second Studio of the Moscow Art Theater ; in 1924, together with other young students (in particular, N.P. Khmelev , M.N. Kedrov and B.N. Livanov ) he was accepted into the Moscow Art Theater troupe, whose actor he remained until the end of his life.
The first notable roles of Yanshin in the Art Theater were Dobchinsky in "The Examiner" by N.V. Gogol and the footman Petrushka in " Woe from Wit " by A. S. Griboedov . But the famous (and not "starry") role for him was the role of Lariosik in the play "Days of the Turbins" by M. A. Bulgakov .
Subsequently, Yanshin, while remaining an actor of the Moscow Art Theater , worked in other theaters - from 1934 to 1939 he was the artistic director of the Moscow Theater of the Central Committee of the Trade Union of Furniture and Music Workers of the USSR, from 1937 to 1941 he directed the Romen Theater, from 1950 to 1963 he was the main Director of the Moscow Drama Theater named after K. S. Stanislavsky . On the initiative of Yanshin, O. N. Efremov was invited to the Moscow Art Theater.
Along with work in the Yanshin Theater, starting in the 1920s , he starred in many films .
One of the artists of Soyuzmultfilm voiced the heroes of many cartoons. Often worked with the Brumberg sisters  , wrote for them the script for the animated film “The Night Before Christmas ”.
M. Yanshin died July 17, 1976 (according to other sources - July 16  ) in Moscow. He was buried at the Novodevichy cemetery (plot number 7).
Yanshin named Vladimir Vysotsky his favorite actor  .
Mikhail Mikhailovich was married three times.
- In November 1926, he married a student of the Moscow Art Theater School V.V. Polonskaya , whom he divorced in 1933.
- In 1934, Yanshin married N. S. Kiseleva (Lyale Chernoy) - actress of the Romen Theater.
- In 1942, they divorced, and Lyalya Chernaya became the wife of Nikolai Khmelev .
- The third wife of Mikhail Yanshin in 1955 was the actress of the Konstantin Stanislavsky Drama Theater N.V. Meyer (1922-2017)  .
He was a fan of the Moscow football club Spartak  .
Awards and titles
- People's Artist of the USSR (05.17.1955)
- two orders of Lenin (1948, 02/02/1972)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labor (1971)
- Order "Badge of Honor" (05/03/1937)
- medal "For Valiant Labor in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945" (1946).
- Honored Artist of the RSFSR (10.27.1933)
- People's Artist of the RSFSR (11/05/1947)
- USSR State Prize (1975) - for the performance of the roles of Mamaev and Abel in the plays “For Every Wise Man Is Pretty Simplicity” by A. N. Ostrovsky and “Solo for a Watch with a Fight” by O. Zagradnik
- State Prize of the RSFSR named after K. S. Stanislavsky (1970) - for playing the role of Kuzovkin in the play “The Freeloader” by I. S. Turgenev
- 1928 - “Squaring the circle” by V. Kataev - Vasya
- 1926 - “Days of the Turbins” by M. A. Bulgakov - Lariosik
- 1927 - " Crazy Day, or the Marriage of Figaro " Beaumarchais - Antonio , later Bartolo
- 1930 - "Three Fat Men" by J. K. Olesha - Dr. Gaspard
- 1932 - "Dead Souls" by N.V. Gogol - Postmaster , later Governor
- 1933 - “The Mistress of the Hotel” C. Goldoni - Marquis di Forlipopoli
- 1934 - “Wonderful alloy” by V. M. Kirshon - Oleg
- 1936 - "Moliere" by M. A. Bulgakov - Bud
- 1939 - “Polovchan Gardens” by L. Leonov - Strekopytov
- 1940 - The School of Slander by R.B. Sheridan - Sir Peter Teesle
- 1942 - “Front” by A. E. Korneychuk - Sergey Gorlov
- 1943 - “Russian People” by K. M. Simonov - Kharitonov
- 1945 - “ Hot Heart " by A. N. Ostrovsky - Gradoboev , Zhigunov , Sidorenko
- 1946 - “Three Sisters” by A.P. Chekhov - Ivan Romanovich Chebutykin , Ferapont
- 1947 - “Uncle Vanya” by A.P. Chekhov - Ilya Ilyich Telegin
- 1947 - “ Diamonds ” by N. A. Asanova - Ilyashev
- 1949 - "Late Love" by A. N. Ostrovsky - Margaritov
- 1953 - “Summer Residents” by M. Gorky - Colon
- 1958 - "The Cherry Orchard" by A.P. Chekhov - Simeonov-Pishchik
- 1960 - The Seagull by A.P. Chekhov - Pyotr Nikolaevich Sorin
- 1963 - Plato Krechet by A. E. Korneichuk - Terenty Bagel
- 1969 - “The Freeloader” by I. S. Turgenev - Vasily Semenovich Kuzovkin
- 1971 - "Dulcinea of Tobos" by A. M. Volodin - Sancho Panso
- 1973 - “ For every sage of rather simplicity ” A. N. Ostrovsky - Neil Fedoseevich Mamaev
- 1973 - “ Solo for watches with a fight ” by O. Zagradnik - Frantisek Abel
- “Tsar Fedor Ioannovich” A. K. Tolstoy - Elective
- "The Examiner" N.V. Gogol - Dobchinsky
- “The Battle of Life” by C. Dickens - Servant Britna
- “Woe from Wit” by A. S. Griboedov - Petrushka
- "Uncle's Dream" by F. M. Dostoevsky - Mozglyakov
- "Elizabeth Petrovna" D.P. Smolin - Sexton
Moscow Music Hall
- 1931 - The Sixth of the World by A. A. Zharov and N. A. Ravich (together with N. M. Gorchakov)
Central Theater of the Red Army
- 1932 - “Mstislav Udaloy” by I. L. Prut (together with Yu. A. Zavadsky)
- 1937 - “Small Trumps” by V. E. Ardov
- The Bloody Wedding by Federico Garcia Lorca
- The Wonderful Shoemaker Federico Garcia Lorca
- "Actors" by Mikhail Svetlov
- “For your happiness” by Ivan Rom-Lebedev
- “Song about Ursar” by Ivan Rom-Lebedev
- "Gypsies" by Alexander Pushkin
- "Makar Chudra" by Maxim Gorky
- Carolina Carlo Goldoni
- "Heroic Poem" by Ivan Rom-Lebedev
Konstantin S. Stanislavsky Moscow Theater
- 1950 - “In the Swan” by D. P. Devyatov
- 1951 - "Griboedov" by Sergey Ermolinsky
- 1951 - The Youth of the Leader G. Nakhutsrishvili (1951, together with Yu. N. Malkovsky)
- 1952 - "Beauty Girls" by A. D. Simukov (together with S. Tumanov )
- 1952 - The Heirs of Raburden by Emil Zola
- 1953 - The Bride of Alexander Ostrovsky
- 1954 - "Days of the Turbins" by Mikhail Bulgakov
- 1954 - The Seagull by Anton Chekhov (together with P. Leslie)
- 1955 - The Deep Forest by I. Shcheglov
- 1957 - “At Dawn” V. Pistolenko (together with P. Reznikov)
- 1957 - “On the Personal” by V. Pistolenko (together with A. B. Aronov)
- 1958 - “De Pretore Vincenzo” by Eduardo De Filippo (1958, together with Yu. N. Malkovsky)
- 1959 - "Hello, Katya" by M. Lvovsky (together with A. B. Aronov)
- 1959 - “Such Love” by Pavel Kohout
- 1960 - The First Day of Freedom by Leon Kruchkovsky
- 1961 - "Modern Tragedy" by V. Ebralidze
- 1962 - “The First Counter” by Jozef Printsev
- 1963 - On the Street of Happy by Jozef Princetsev
Moscow Art Theater
- 1957 - "The Noble Nest" by I. S. Turgenev (together with P. M. Leslie) - Lemm
- 1928 - Katorga - telegraph operator
- 1929 - Comet - Savva Sevryuzhkin
- 1929 - Simple Hearts - Peter, Ferryman
- 1930 - Feast of St. Jorgen - episode (not in the credits)
- 1931 - Storm
- 1933 - Outskirts - soldier
- 1933 - The Black Hut - Worker
- 1934 - Lieutenant Kizhe - Paul I
- 1935 - The Last Camp - Ivan Likho
- 1936 - Prisoners - Max
- 1938 - A man with a gun - an officer (not in the credits)
- 1941 - Battle movie collection number 7. Disaster receiver (not in the credits)
- 1941 - First horse (not finished) - station commandant
- 1944 - Wedding - Andrey Andreevich Nyunin
- 1946 - Glinka - Pyotr Andreevich Vyazemsky
- 1946 - Stone flower - clerk of the Northerners
- 1950 - Secret Mission - Schulz
- 1951 - Unforgettable 1919 - Colonel Butkevich
- 1952 - Examiner - Artemy Filippovich Zemlyanika
- 1954 - We met somewhere - head of the station
- 1954 - Swedish match - Evgraf Kuzmich
- 1955 - Twelfth Night - Sir Toby Belch
- 1956 - On the stage - Fyodor Semenovich Borzikov
- 1957 - Boots (Short) - Murkin
- 1958 - King of the Tambourine - fortuneteller's husband
- 1959 - The day before - Uvar Ivanovich
- 1960 - Dead Souls - Ivan Andreevich, Postmaster
- 1960 - Revenge ( short-haired ) - Lev Savvich Turmanov
- 1961 - Free wind - Ambrosio, mayor
- 1963 - Attention! The city is a magician! - Dr. Crax
- 1964 - Morozko - Old Man-Borovichok (dubbing; the role of Galina Borisova)
- 1965 - the newsreel "Wick" (issue number 33, the plot "I will not go") - the head of the regional department M. I. Bleskunov
- 1970 - How we searched for Tishka - Dr. Aybolit
- 1970 - Silver Tubes - Doctor
- 1971 - Telegram - Nikolai Pyatipal
- 1972 - For everything in charge - Mikhail Ivanovich
- 1973 - The Big Break - Professor Volosyuk
- 1952 - School of Slander - Sir Peter Teesle
- 1960 - Dead Souls - Ivan Andreevich, Postmaster
- 1968 - Late Love
- 1972 - Nakhlebnik - Vasily Semenych Kuzovkin
- 1974 - Solo for a watch with a fight - Frantisek Abel
- 1976 - For every wise man of rather simplicity - Neil Fedoseevich Mamaev
- 1933 - The Black Hut (together with N. M. Gorchakov).
- 1945 - Missing Certificate - Cossack Vasil
- 1948 - The Tale of the Soldier - Soldier
- 1948 - Fedya Zaitsev - Man
- 1949 - The wonderful bell - the old man
- 1950 - Girl in the circus - magician
- 1951 - The Night Before Christmas - Chub
- 1953 - Flight to the Moon - Professor Bobrov
- 1955 - Styopa Sailor - Michal Mikhalych, boatswain
- 1960 - I painted a man - Man
- 1964 - Thumbelina - Mole
- 1964 - The Life and Suffering of Ivan Semenov - Doctor
- 1964 - The little frog is looking for dad - a hippopotamus
- 1965 - Vovka in the Far Far Away - Tsar
- 1965 - Traveling Frog - Kwania
- 1965 - Cowgirl and chimney sweep - Ole Lukoye
- 1966 - About a hippo who was afraid of vaccinations - a hippo
- 1967 - Mirror - Mole
- 1967 - Tales for big and small. Two fat men and a hare N 3 - hippo
- 1968 - Hippo's biggest friend
- 1968 - Goat, who counted to ten - bull
- 1969 - Stolen Month - from the author
- 1970 - Magic Glasses - Grandfather Owl
- 1970 - How the Hedgehog changed his coat - eagle owl (not in the credits)
- 1971 - Fire - Clock
- 1972 - Simulator - bear (not in the credits)
- On the Moscow house, where Yanshin lived in 1955-1974, a memorial plaque was installed.
- Polyakova E. Yanshin. On the occasion of the 70th birthday // Theater. - 1972. - No. 11.
- Yanshin M. M. Articles, memoirs, letters. - M., 1984.
- Yanshin Mikhail Mikhailovich // Great Soviet Encyclopedia : [in 30 vol.]
- Yanshin Mikhail Mikhailovich . Date of appeal April 26, 2013.
- Kapkov S. Masters of fooling around. Fragments of an unwritten book Cinematic Notes No. 80, 2006
- Mikhail Yanshin - Biography - Actors of Soviet and Russian cinema - Biography of Anna Yanovskaya (Inaccessible link) . Date of treatment April 26, 2013. Archived December 24, 2013.
- Volodimir Visotsky: Zustrichi, Intervyu, guess. Viddil dokumentіv s mystery. Khersonska oblas unіversalna naukova bіblіoteka im. O. Potter
- Mikhail Yanshin
- Famous fans of Spartak // RIA Novosti